[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rock climbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: climbing.jpg (164 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
climbing.jpg
164 KB, 640x480
any of you robots do rock climbing as a athletic hobby ? I've been climbing for about a month now conquered my first v2 in bouldering.
>TFW that forearm pump
>TFW skinny skeleton fingers growing in size and strength
>TFW GRIP STRENGTH RAPIDLY INCREASING CAN SQUEEZE THE FUCK OUT OF A NORMIES NECK IF NEED BE
>>
>>26610216

been a couple of times with some people from work.

Moving closer to the centre, might make it a fixture of my exercise routine. Great for bodyweight strength building and aligns with myh goals.
>>
>>26610216

good idea that. a tough climb but if you fuck up you drop a foot or so
>>
>>26610971
falling isn't too bad there's usually soft landing pads underneath you if you fall indoors, outdoors you could bring your own pad.
>>
>>26610216
I used to climb 3-4 times a week for a few years, shit is cash. Haven't been able to climb for like a year though cause of injury. MAKE SURE YOU ARE WARMING UP PROPERLY. Feeling the pump is okay but if your tendons in your arms are sore and throbbing after the session then you are gonna pay for it later.
>>
i use too, cant wait till i can again but its gonna be a minute since i broke my ankle last time i went climbing
>>
>>26611032
true beginners should go only about 2 to 3 times favorably 2 times per week so tendons and ligaments can adapt properly so many climbers develop tendonitis from overuse
>>
>>26611042
holy fuck anon how did that happen
>>
File: 1455855912954.jpg (21 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1455855912954.jpg
21 KB, 480x454
Once

>get invited to climb, no prior experience
>thought we were doing indoor until "huh, theres no civilization here"
>friend gives me gear
>look up
>at least 100 fucking meters ( pic related mfw )
>visibility red and shaking
>Matt and Kyle are already climbing
>hurry up anon!

After 2 zipclip changes I shit myself and cried.
>>
>>26611107
doing some winter climbing with a bud and we were on some easy class 4 and we decided not to place gear and i had a handhold break off and took a 40ish foot fall, broke the rib and arm too but that ankle was the gnarliest, 80% of my talus
>>
>>26611186
fuuuuaaaaaaaaark.

original ouch pls don hurt
>>
>>26611222
its been almost a year since it happened, im hoping by this fall i can get back on a wall

also checkd
>>
>>26611297
good luck man. Maybe consult a physio and see recommendations for strengthening? Yoga may help. Yoga helps everything.
>>
>>26611324
i was in therapy earlier but i had a bone graft done back in december, right now im only doing light stuff for movement in it
>>
>>26611186
that's what happens when you get confident about anything in life
>>
>>26610878
Coworker is a climber too but mostly ice climber. I have no experience and am just a twig with lady fingers. Is it something you can pick up even if it is indoor and your stat rolls for it are low?
>>
>>26611430
this is bullshit.

I'll give you an example. I was going to jump off a cliff of around five meters in height. (15ft or so) into a river. Instead of being a dumbass, I checked the depth. The depth was only 1.5m, up to my chest. I did not jump. Instead, I went where it was safe and did some flips. Because I am confident in my ability to jump, but not retarded enough to fuck myself up doing it.

Being confident in yourself helps you to take action.

Assessing risks helps you to take the right action.

The true measurement of a person's character is when all things don't go according to plan and how they recover from the situation anyway.

Don't be such a vapid, depressing cunt.
>>
File: 1454418467401.jpg (142 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
1454418467401.jpg
142 KB, 500x449
>>26610216
>>26610216
The thought of pulling a nail on a rock will always keep me from doing it

I'll just stay in muh gym
>>
>>26610216
I tried it last summer. I got real tired real fast. My him has a huge wall, but I don't want to look a fool in front of everyone. I don't like heights either.
I can barely do 6 pullups too.
>>
>>26611516
if you are a twig with skinny fingers that's great for rock climbing, the best rock climbers are lean skinny and strong. your fingers will get stronger and thicker the more you climb and since they are small you have a advantage on holds with less surface area.
>>
I went indoor rock climbing on women's validation day. It was fun would go regularly if it wasn't 90 minutes away.
>>
How do I get started?
>>
>>26611707
just google ''local rock climbing facilities'' and some places should pop up that's all i did i pay 72 dollars per month which includes free yoga classes and they let me rent out all the equipment i need it's awesome and a great hobby to partake in to escape the monotony of life
>>
>>26611783
But won't climbing the same walls for a few months get monotonous?

Don't get me wrong I've climbed before its pretty fun and challenging ,but I only did it a couple times and it was a year ago (was a gym, small wall)
>>
>>26611590
I'll give it a go though my fingers and hands are tools for my trade. It would be disastrous if they were permanently impaired.
>>
>>26610216
been thinking of building a climbing wall in my bedroom, seems like a fun thing to do on acid, and I don't like going outside.
>>
>>26611893
the facility i go to changes the routes on the walls every couple of weeks so it keeps it fresh. After you progress to like v5 you can go give outside rocks a climb for a whole new climbing experience
>>
>>26612407
take it slow and warm up your fingers will be fine
>>
>>26612407
take it slow and warm up your fingers will be fine you'll get a shit ton of blisters in the beginning though it really roughens up your skin
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.