[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone self harms? How often do you do it? Why do you do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 259x194
Anyone self harms? How often do you do it? Why do you do it?

I'm doing it for the first time in many years, going through a nasty emotional time and the only way I can cope is with a healthy dosage of guilt and self punishment.
>>
Nobody on /r9k/ does this?
>>
Half an hour ago I used the bottom of my lipbalm to make circles on my right arm.
>>
>self harming

failure of a human being
>>
>>26609486
well that's the vicious cycle, isn't it?
After all this is /r9k/
>>
i do, dont worry
i fucked both arms and legs to a point where i moved to a colder part of canada to justify wearing pants and long sleeves 100% of the time
i feel fucking retarded about it, and i have 7 years under my belt.

do you do it to relieve stress or quell depersonilization?
>>
If you are gonna do it I suggest concentrating on one small area. You might even consider tunneling all the way through for novelties sake.
>>
>>26609557
As stated in OP, I do it for self punishment. I take no pleasure in cutting myself. It's just pure self-hatred. How does it feel to you? Can't imagine, even for a person with a working endocrin system, would find the endorphin and adrenaline rush more pleasurable than the pain
>>
>>26609734
it feels really cool to see blood, but beyond that i just get a sort of mental tranquility cause once i see that i still bleed when cut, i know im at least part normal.
>>
>>26609084
down the road
not across the street
>>
Reminder that all cutfags are just attention whores
>>
>>26609877
this statement makes cutting seem so much worse. no one phrases it how most people cut. attention whore do exist, but theyre the minority, and many people just feel better after cutting. >>26609557 fucking moved to cover it up, they were that desperate to hide it
>>
>>26609084
No, I don't attention whore.
>>
>>26610011
>>26609877
If they are so desperate for attention that they are willing to mutiliate themselves, isn't that something to worry about them for?
>>
File: xd tumblr comics xd.jpg (576 KB, 500x1531) Image search: [Google]
xd tumblr comics xd.jpg
576 KB, 500x1531
this is a pretty neat comic, right here
>>
i started in seventh grade. back then, i actually was attention whoring, but now it's just my first instinct whenever i'm angry at myself. i also suffer from depersonalization issues and a lot of existential anxiety. if im dissociating or feeling weird about the nature of existence, cutting helps bring me back. still makes me feel like a faggot though. i only cut on my upper legs now so nobody can ever see it.
>>
>>26610232
> i also suffer from depersonalization issues and a lot of existential anxiety. if im dissociating or feeling weird about the nature of existence, cutting helps bring me back. still makes me feel like a faggot though.

we're dangerously similar, even down to starting in the 7th grade
>>
>>26610354
>>26610383
Make it 8th grade, and you guys are literally me
Do you guys go through a certain method or ritual? I usually just cut a grid with a normal knife then grind away with a SAK saw. The grid helps e teeth hook into the flesh
>>
>>26610383
have you ever tried seeing a therapist? i've had 4, one was too expensive, one wasn't great but i was only seeing him for adhd in fifth grade before i started cutting, i've had had one who was absolutely amazing and i was at my best emotionally when i was seeing her every week. however, she moved to tennessee in june and so they gave me a different therapist from the same office, but she just wasnt as good and i haven't been to therapy in over half a year now. but it can really help if you have a good therapist, even though they can be insanely difficult to find.
>>
>>26610456
i buy pencil sharpeners and unscrew the razors when i want to cut deeper, and i also keep a steak knife in my drawer for when i just want to rip skin.
>>
>>26610456

>>26610532
i cant go to a therapist because
1 - too poor
2 - no one can know/crazy trust issues
3 - i cant ever properly vocalize how i feel, so id be giving misinformation
>>
>>26610456
oops, i left >>26610586 blank.
i cut like 10 15 horizontal, then bisect them really deeply with one vertical, usually. that;s on my arms, at least
>>
>>26610586
Have you tried crisis hotlines? They're free as long as you have a phone and just something nice enough to maybe convince you not to do what you were going to do, or not as bad.
>>
I might be fucked, but I find this super hot. More power to you!
>>
>>26611031
nice idea but >>26611083
they don't work
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>26611083
OC just for you anon-kun
>>
I used to ask depressed girls for pictures of their cuts and fap to them. Still have some.
>>
I feel this incredible calm when I do it. My arm is covered in fucking burns and shit but at least I can make up excuses to cover it up, unlike cutting. I just tell people that I spilled boiling water on it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.