[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that job hunt going, robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 29
How's that job hunt going, robots?
>>
>>26608881

I have a job but looking to change careers. They keep asking why I wanna change careers. Yo nigga, I work retail that's why
>>
Going good

Also my brother is in that situation
>Wants to work in IT and even went to uni
>No jobs accepting him because he 'needs experience'
>Needs job to even get experience
>Stuck as a wagecuck in retail
>>
>got hired at (big company" warehouse
>orientation date was like a month from when I got it
>now it's 3 days away
>they sent an email saying "there are steps you have to complete before orientation which will come from this email"
>just now received email 3 days before literally as I was typing this post to complain about it

Why do they have to make this so stressful
>>
Pretty poorly

My resume is practically empty and I can barely speak in normal situations.

Maybe I should hit the gym and look for manual labor work
>>
File: pepe20.jpg (21 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
pepe20.jpg
21 KB, 800x522
>NEET of five years
>decide to make a change
>start putting in online job applications
>put together a resume and a cover letter with what little qualifications I have
>send it to potential employers
>wait a few weeks
>no calls
>no emails
>nothing
>get demoralized from chain of failures
>go back to shitposting
>nothing changes

This is how my job hunt has been going for the last year now.
>>
File: 1445884921797.png (123 KB, 201x241) Image search: [Google]
1445884921797.png
123 KB, 201x241
>>26608881
>mfw almost every job in my area requires I own a vehicle
How the fuck can I afford a car when I have no fucking job?
>>
I have a felony in the most republican city in the United States. My life is over.
>>
I have experience, just not for the jobs for which I'm seeking.

>tfw mom has so much hope that I will find a job this year
>>
>>26609004
What is the felony?
>>
>>26608881
I am at the point where the only options I have involve working for free, trying to start a business of some kind with no money or in demand skills, or giving up.

My educations is obsolete, I have no work experience, and I have no social contacts, so I truly can not get any job in the whole city as far as I can tell.
Even when I look at it objectively, their is no reason for anyone to hire me for anything over thousands of others that would look more attractive for the position. It truly is hopeless and pointless to keep applying to places as I am now. Anything I can do there are plenty of people waiting to do it better.
>>
File: meet-the-team.jpg (40 KB, 599x223) Image search: [Google]
meet-the-team.jpg
40 KB, 599x223
got job offers from panera bread, peapod, UPS, principle marketing, old ppl care, swim school, and home depot.

which one should I pick?
>>
I've worked at this place as an Outside plant engineer drafter for about 7 months now. They don't give me any hours anymore, so I really have about 3-4 months of semi-shit experience.

Is that good enough to get a job that cites at least on year exp that doesn't require a degree?
>>
>>26609033
Aggravated assault. Total BS. Even the police reports said the "victim" (who is a woman) had no bruised, scars, marks or damaged clothing.
>>
How do I make a good looking resume?
>>
>>26609167
Google templates and guides
>>
>phone interview with company
>they're in a differant time zone so they call me an hour earlier than i expected
>i'm just out the shower and completely unprepared

i really wanted that job too.
>>
File: tumblr_nyn446lrfh1v0pigno1_400.jpg (41 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nyn446lrfh1v0pigno1_400.jpg
41 KB, 390x390
>Called in for an interview
>they want me to pay a 25$ fee for a background check because they are a contractor that works for the state
My superior NEET senses tell me fuck no, how cucked can a man be?
>>
Ehh, not putting that much effort into it, really. Recruiter bought me lunch today, had some nice sounding jobs, but I'm not in this to work anymore. Did my time, now it's time to fuck around.
>>
File: 1275330198430.jpg (22 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1275330198430.jpg
22 KB, 544x400
>>26608881

I'll create a shitty YouTube account tomorrow and get dat Internet dosh so I don't have to job hunt no more.
>>
File: cigar.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cigar.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>"Please upload your resume"
>next page
>"Enter your work history going back 10 years, three references and any skills relevant for this position"

Are there any HRfags here who can confirm if humans ever see the shit they ask you to type when you're allowed to upload a resume? Is it all just run through some program that looks for keywords to determine whether or not to screen you from the person in charge of hiring? If that's the case I'm just going to start typing in bullshit like "Graduated with honors" "4.0 GPA" "4 years experience" "Volunteer at the homeless shelter every weekend"
>>
File: 1408499853530.jpg (20 KB, 480x308) Image search: [Google]
1408499853530.jpg
20 KB, 480x308
>tfw will never have a job I can do from home
I just want an income so I can be an even bigger loser
>>
>>26610588
Literally the same exact problem in the job market is going on on youtube. The rich get richer, the most viewed get promoted even more, while little channels struggle to be seen in a sea of Markiplier and Smosh. If you can make enough money on YouTube to quit your job then you shouldn't be promoted on YouTube imo, especially when that shit shows up in "Recommended based on who you view", even when I open up an incognito tab with no viewing history whatsoever.
>>
>>26609120
UPS, i know a guy who makes 30 an hour and gets 8 weeks of vacation a year. they push you hard though.
>>
>>26610749

Yeah, it's a load of crap.
YT was my only hope of doing something but the website is going down the drain exponentially
>>
Poor neet.

You spent so much time on 4chan you didn't volunteer to gain experience.

You didn't go to school

You didn't do anything to improve your situation.
>>
>>26610817

But I do have a degree and still can't get any interviews. If I was a NEET I would actually be better off since college was just a waste of time and all it accomplished was getting me in debt.
>>
>>26610860
What degree did you get?

Are you willing to relocate to work?

Maybe start low?
>>
>>26610817
Ok then, superior non-wagecuck

How come here if i did work experience (aka do a week or 2 in a job environment (mandatory)) it apparently doesn't mean shit?
>>
>>26608881
I finally got an interview after all these years of being NEET. Its for Capital One as data analyst intern. Currently in Electrical/computer engineering at UT austin and I applied through the university
>>
>tfw I work 65 hours a week in a restaurant
>tfw I have little to no free time
>tfw I wish I could live the neet life for just a bit
>tfw I have no tfw.jpeg because I'm on my phone
>>
File: 6816816815.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
6816816815.png
78 KB, 412x351
>>26608881
>had a my 2nd interview last week
>said theyll email me back
the place is usually hire on the spot and they havent emailed me yet. I emailed them back for an update and I hope theyll hire me
fml
>>
>>26610887

I don't mind relocating. I live in Kansas (I'm from Southern California). I have been applying to places all over Kansas. I have only applied to a handful of jobs out of state but I'm getting desperate enough to widen the search.

My degree is shit tier (history) but it didn't even get me an interview with a museum and it's not helping me with positions whose only education requirements are "Have a college degree."

I have years of experience doing jobs that any idiot could do (pizza place, landscaper, bouncer) and I even have some volunteer experience (tutoring other students in high school and college) but it's not helping at all. Doing more bullshit work like that isn't going to impress any employers. I'd rather end it all than go back to that kind of work, anyways.

My main problems are 1) I'm shy and introverted and don't have any connections that could help me out and 2) there are 100+ applications for every position so the odds are against me being the best qualified, assuming the job won't just go to some manager's nephew. Why hire a recent, inexperienced grad when you could hire some faggot boomer who has done the job for 20 years and refuses to retire?
>>
File: k.png (29 KB, 640x753) Image search: [Google]
k.png
29 KB, 640x753
What is the most pathetic job interview you guys have had?

>Got an interview at a chocolate factory
>Not sure exactly what the job entailed
>Still really excited for it
>Decide I can show real enthusiam and give a funny and memorable interview
>Watch the 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for inspiration
>Think that if I refeence the movie it will show how I am passionate for the job
>In the movie there are 4 children who fail the tour
>first one is a fat kid who falls into a chocolate river
>second is a girl who chews gum and blows into a blueberry
>third is a girl who gets thrown away by some squirrels
>fourth is a kid who gets sucked into a TV and shrunk down
>decide a plan for referencing the movie
>arrive at the interview
>pull out a chocolate bar
>rub it over my hands
>when the interviewer comes and shakes my hand he seems confused about why there is chocolate
>laugh and say 'I fell into the chocolate river'
>he doesn't seem to understand
>interview starts
>going OK
>time for my second reference
>pull out some bubble gum
>start loudly chewing
>he looks confused
>I say 'Willy Wonkas very best!'
>he doesn't laugh
>start to get second thoughts
>have a bunch of peanuts in my pocket and a TV guide in my inner pocket
>don't get them out
>at the end of the interview he says 'you probably won't get the job'
>I didn't

Never try to be different
>>
>>26611046
Apply to litterally everything everywhere that you would accept the pay on.

Apply for state jobs

Apply anywhere, and ask for a phone interview. The reason being that it shows you are willing to travel.

Craigslist is shit but there are ok jobs, indeed is better. Google works but only for trusted companies. Monster is pretty good too
>>
I'm a 19 yo NEET, considering joining US military.
The reason why I'm considering this is because they pretty much take anyone and I have no other options.

Any ideas on good military jobs for a robot?
>>
File: IMG_20150420_170142.jpg (2 MB, 4208x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150420_170142.jpg
2 MB, 4208x2368
>have BS degree
>work handful of jobs including federal government internship years ago
>decide to work in China as an English Teacher to get away from daily monotony and put something good on the resume
>having the time of my fucking life getting paid to work <30 hours a week yell at kids and get trashed every weekend with great group of people and a girl to spend my nights with
>decide to go back to the US after one year contract ended
>figured i could get back into the market for the same jobs i was looking to get before but have an edge due to international experience

6 months later im back living at home doing the same wageslave job i had before i left, but now have car payments and nothing to show for my time there. my biggest mistake was getting arrogant and thinking i would be as successful here as i was over there but i did nothing to change my approach on life and work when i got back. i spent so much time thinking about how great my job prospects in my field were going to be when i came home that i failed to appreciate what i had going in front of me and walked away from the happiest i have ever been. i really hits me when i'm doing monotonous shit like vacuuming or brushing my teeth in the same place i was 15 years ago and after all the distances ive traveled im still stuck back at the same damn place.

At work i find myself crushed by the fact that im doing the exact same thing i was doing in 2013 at a job im completely overqualified for surrounded by kind but entirely boring people that have done nothing interesting with their lives and probobly never will. ive sat in on Classified government briefings, Wargamed against the US military, climbed the Great Wall, crossed the Pacific Ocean by cargo ship, got drunk at a Chinese furniture factory, jumped out of planes and now im stuck stocking shelves and entering customer data.
>>
>>26611366
the worst part is that the only way i see out at this time is to go back to Asia and do the exact same thing, which would just drag my life back two years and put me right back at square one.

sorry about the rant, i just have alot of pent up frustration over where my life is going and /r9k/ seems like the only place i can vent.
>>
I got fired from my old job, applied to more through my current contractor and currently work at a PRN job that will give me shit hours for a 30 minute drive until I finish training. I'm holding out for my contractor to give me a full-time job with benefits, I need the money to pay for my graduate school since I didn't receive a loan and it was due on the 22nd of last month.
>>
>>26611227
jeez, you're applying for a job at a chocolate factory, not fucking Google where being a quirky "outside the box" thinker will get you anywhere.

just come off as a regular human and pass the drug test and you're in.
>>
>>26611366

ayy thats macau. hope you didnt eat the pork jerky.
>>
File: 12912933.jpg (94 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
12912933.jpg
94 KB, 700x700
>got a job in foodservice
>thought it wouldn't be too hard, just cooking and shit, i have some experience
>get job
>they expect me to know literally everything, kitchen lingo, how to make shit when i just got here
>they expect me to basically be a 10 year veteran of the kitchen when this is my first fucking job in a restaurant
>put me as a dishwasher because apparently i can't do shit
>tell me yesterday that they're going to wait 3 days and see if i 'improve'
>super sketchy and averse whenever i ask when i get paid
Fuck these cucks. I feel fucking bad for all of the people stuck in that place making shit for pay in a high stress, dangerous environment while the boss gets to sit back and count the money you made for them.
So, I'm going to be quitting soon. Probably next week, whether they fire me or not. Serving is where it's at anyway, shit is fucking piss easy and you make bank with tips. Plus you don't have to literally work in people's garbage like I do every day. FUCK DISHWASHING. I'm NOT some retarded illegal that you can get to do that shit. Motherfucker I'm a genius compared to the people there. Anyway, I'd like to get into IT but lolnothingbutseniorpositons around here. Hopefully I'll get into some sort of work-at-home situation soon cause I hate being told what to do anyway.
That's about it.
>>
>>26608993
Gotta follow up nigga
>>
>>26610621

>the fucking allocated e-forms are buggy messes that basically fuck everything you input into an formatted mess and it all looks fucking terrible
>>
>>26608881
I'm a store manager of a cellphone carrier. It's good to be the boss. The job is hardcore sales, though. If you have a soul it eats away at you. You can't be shy. I was born shy and introverted, but I no longer have the luxury to be that way.
>>
>>26610661
Work at home positions ALWAYS infringe on your life by pushing for 24/7 accessibility. "But you're home anyway just do the proposal this weekend!" Suck my girthy cock
>>
>graduate with shitty Pol. Sci. degree
>all my friends have trades, lots of money, their work makes them fit and they seem happy and skilled
>apply to apprenticeships
>can't get into any field worth anything

Fuck this I just wanna get some masculine skills fuck college
>>
>>26611556

I just started at a phone company the other day, want to blow my brains out looking at all the shit I'm going to have to do.
>>
>Graduate comp sci
>Did a lot of volunteer shit with the sysadmin of the college
>Recommended me to a colleague
>Got a job out of grad
>Fuckyeah.jpg
>Paying me well below industry rate (Small company)
>Who cares! I'm in the field
>2 years later at same wage
>money is tight because loans are catching up
>Boss is super bro but our client won't re-negotiate contact to give me more money
>Been applying at other places
>Got an interview for one that's gonna pay me 15k more annually
>Said they'd get back to me in a week
>No one called
QQ
>>
>>26611602
It's really brutal. Are you sales?
>>
File: 1455065560648.jpg (132 KB, 780x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455065560648.jpg
132 KB, 780x1024
>worked shit job nearly fulltime for eight years
>worked with a bunch of shitheads who never pulled their weight if they even bothered to show up
>changed jobs last October
>constantly lauded for my work ethic which came from pulling others' weight all the time
>working half the hours for double the pay

It's beautiful
>>
>>26609478
I took a phone interview in bed with a raging hangover once.

Thought they wouldn't know or notice. They did.
>>
>>26611705

Yeah Sales in a shopping centre and I see all this shit about targets etc. and fuck it's just so daunting. All day people are just super stressed out trying to meet these targets, targets that are obviously set to be just out of reach and targets that are given such a high priority so that obviously everyone in store will be driving themselves mad to reach them.

The thing is people really CARE. I like hard-work and do intend on working hard but I just see the way it really gets to everyone in store, it all matters so much to them. I just don't know if I'm going to be able to convince myself to feel that way about it or if I even want to.
>>
Pretty good, just secured a job this week with an accounting company (Big 4) for after I graduate. Thanks for asking dude!
>>
File: 1451848446926.png (736 KB, 914x720) Image search: [Google]
1451848446926.png
736 KB, 914x720
>>26610817
>volunteer to gain experience

I love this meme.
>>
>>26612129
Got me my job, so I can't complain too much
>>
>>26608881
Volunteer work looks good on resumes as well
>church
>animal shelter
>hospital
>>
File: dontcate.gif (1 MB, 427x351) Image search: [Google]
dontcate.gif
1 MB, 427x351
Prepare to get triggered
>go to school for broadcast journalism
>dick around for 3 out of 4 years
>year 4, it dawns on me I am in big trouble
>make a half-assed effort at joining a lot of clubs and completing final projects
>graduate with a mediocre (for my field) 3.0 GPA
>0 internships which is crucial for journalism majors
>fall into disarray for two years
>take shitty food service jobs that sap my self-esteem
>parents tell me to go to grad school or they'll kick me out
>convince them to send me to film school
>try a bit harder there
>get a semi-decent portfolio together
>still can't motivate myself to apply to jobs
>dad calls in a favor with an old friend
>get an interview with a national television network
>didn't think the interview went great but got the job a couple weeks later
>job is fucking great
>get exponentially more confident every day
>lose all of the weight I gained in college and then some
>buy a decent used car
>stay at job full time for 12 months
>hours get reduced after that because I was freelancer
>will be eligible for full time if I leave for six months
>decide to stay on part time because better than nothing
>this time bust my ass applying places
>get another job with a different network
>more responsibility but a lot more money
>working both jobs for a few months and getting rich as fuck living rent free with parents
>suddenly higher paying job is shutting down in the spring
>suddenly first job I had for 19 months lets me go for my six month break
>a bit apprehensive now but have a lot of money saved
>start looking for my own apartment and into buying a new computer to work on my own projects
>had three interviews in the last week with three production companies, hoping for luck with them
>still have the high-paying job for a couple more months
>feeling confident and happy despite the fact my future is sort of up in the air
>even if I don't find anything permanent I still have my original job to fall back on after the six month leave is up
>>
File: steam_.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
steam_.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>26612353
and yes: I'm aware that I am everything wrong with America.
>>
>>26611574
You need to start where they did when they were 18. You will be the bitch boy on the job site. Construction is willing to take in new people who don't look like pieces of shit.

Trades are good money if you are young and willing to learn and work hard. You need to have a plan to move up and off the jobsite if you want your body to last.
>>
File: 1409792024828.jpg (14 KB, 296x395) Image search: [Google]
1409792024828.jpg
14 KB, 296x395
>Got relatively lucky out of school and got a decent paying internship
>Company keeps me around on-and-off on a seasonal/temporary basis for the next 2 years. >Always apply and interview for full-time openings within the company, but the company always gives it to some shitbird with just a little more experience.
>Months of soul-crushing unemployment followed by months of wanting to murder my coworkers. Rinse and repeat.
>Looking for something else so I can finally tell them to go fuck themselves, but nothing I get offers for pays anywhere close to what I make here.
>>
>>26612460
nepotism is tight when you're the useless leech
>>
>>26612668
don't i know it!

fuck you robot faggot
>>
>>26608974
you know how the army needs to break you down first?

it's like that

*yawn*
>>
>>26608993
I have the same experience to be entirely upfront and honest with you, family.
>>
>>26610473
fuck you

captcha: 1614
>>
>>26611366
>>26611404
you've had a damn interesting life. it ain't over yet.
>>
File: 100%nuclear.jpg (25 KB, 601x469) Image search: [Google]
100%nuclear.jpg
25 KB, 601x469
>tfw when your workplace goes to shit due to horrible scheduling and petty infighting by the managers halfway through their midlife crises

>tfw you watch your hours drop from 8 hours a day, 4 days a week into one-day, 4 hour shifts after they hire far too many people as a quick fix

>tfw you cleared your rent by 23$ yesterday and that's all you have to spend for the next 2 weeks while jobhunting

Sure, the work was shit, but at least I could afford rent. My actually good job only starts in September so I gotta hold off with shitty temp work until then.
>>
I just got hired in a small time accounting role. Nothing too exciting but will put bread on the table.

Pretty nervous about the first day, though. Those always suck.
>>
>"hello, anon I'm Mr boss"
>"Hello Mr boss I'm anon"

the interview was over before it even began
>>
File: 283606-87163-l.jpg (7 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
283606-87163-l.jpg
7 KB, 320x180
Night Stocker position opened yesterday. I might have been the first one to submit application. I also went to the store to talk with a supervisor, which i did, but Idk. It's 11.25$ per hour.

This would be dream job desu
>>
>>26608993
online job applications are shit-tier. get someone on the phone.
>>
File: wallpaper-2538228.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-2538228.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
>Go to airforce after high-school cause it was the only way to get out of my shit-ass baby small town in the country
>Never finish my enlistment cause it's all a bunch of BS
>Quit after technical school
>Still get to list myself as a Vet
>Literally every place I apply offers me a job

Been job hoping the past 2 years up to $15 an hour atm working at a bank with no experience really with a promise of a side-by-side for a position of IT in another 6 months
>>
>>26608881
I have a bunch of interviews lined up.

Hoping to teach English in Korea.

I want to get out of this shitty god-forsaken city.
>>
File: 1447355189090.png (672 KB, 664x558) Image search: [Google]
1447355189090.png
672 KB, 664x558
>>26614704
my retarded criminal friend ended up in a bank because he enlisted in the army, and I'm having trouble getting a job at McDonalds
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 495x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 495x642
>got a call for a job interview
>dressed nicely, brought a resume and waited an extra 40 minutes for the manager
>told them I'd be going to college to get a degree related to the job so it'd be perfect to help me transition
>felt like I came off as sounding really confident/straightforward in the interview, they gave me a day to come back on
>the next week I drive through a snowstorm to get to the place and the manager forgot I was supposed to be there
>spend half the time standing around in silence because there are no customers due to the blizzard
>can't use their registers because I don't have employee numbers and I have 0 experience doing anything else
>manager tosses me off to the assistant when he clocks in and after a bit he just tells me to leave because there's nothing to do
>go over to thank the manager for letting me have a day to work and she doesn't even turn to look at me until the assistant manager points out that I'm talking to her

They didn't call me back but honestly I don't give a fuck, my current job might not be that great but at least the manager is really professional.
>>
Been lying about passing higher education and have gotten away with so far so that's pretty alright. Still haven't found anything I can really do though in the field I'm good at and all the entry level or retail stuff is either too soul crushing or gets filled up too quick, this shit's more effort than it's probably worth sometimes.
>>
>>26610775
the only openings are package handling, and they fucking work you like a mule. the jobs you want on UPS is trucking, but you get put on a 10 year waiting list to even get considered for that.
>>
File: ded.jpg (17 KB, 397x262) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
17 KB, 397x262
Tried going for slightly above minimum wage jobs by applying to a hotel and to a couple theme parks

Hotel and one of the theme parks rejected my application after 24 hours

The other theme park called the day after with some follow up questions and said they'd call me back in a week. They never did.

Guess I'm going to have to go with retail or fast food
>>
I've given up. I literally lied about grades,work experience, skills, on my resume and still can't get a job. Even at macdonalds
>>
>>26613219
thanks, there are plenty of people here in shittier positions like the felons and those stuck in small towns, its just hard changing gears and slowing my life down so often.

though my dad is trying to get me to go to Cameroon with him in September, so maybe i have a couple days of adventure to look forward to later this year.
>>
>>26612353
Congrats man, living the dream.
>>
Terrible, I have a degree and experience (but a neet gap) and can't find anything.
>>
File: 1re7lRk.jpg (137 KB, 676x900) Image search: [Google]
1re7lRk.jpg
137 KB, 676x900
I have an interview for a job on monday. Any tips on how to stay calm before hand? What kind of questions do they ask at these things?
>>
>>26615452
"Ok before we get started, r u gunna suck my cock on the regular or no?"
>>
>>26615452
Chew gum, faggot. It lowers cortisol (the stress hormone). This will help control your stress.

Thank me by doing a backflip or something.
>>
>>26615509
it's girl doing the interview. i'm really good looking, will that help? not chad tho im really autistic

>>26615652
thanks robot, i will attempt a backflip in your honor
>>
Are this threads a meme or you guys are really that fucking stupid? I have never had trouble finding a job at all, in fact I was NEET for like 3 years not because I couldn't find a job but because I was just a lazy snob that didnt wanted to do anything. One day I decided to apply myself, I literally got a job in less then 3 weeks.
>>
>>26615767
doing what you fucking faget
>>
>work under the table construction job while looking for other jobs
>no time to job hunt store to store
>have to deal with online bullshit
>also highschool drop out
>no ones calling back

its going shitty. really need to get my ged just have no time as i leave at 6 and dont get home till about 8:30
>>
>>26615802
Loss Prevention at kmart
>>
>>26612311
Don't forget libraries. I worked as a volunteer for 6 months and then was told about an open position. Applied and got the job.
>>
>>26608881
I got a job after 8 months of unemployment and I start on monday :^)
>>
>>26616040
>HE DOES IT FOR FREE
>FOR 6 (SIX) MONTHS

i would have killed myself long before i got offered a job
>>
>>26616134
Ah, but the volunteering was required for a college class. Then I had to do an internship at a library as well. So, the options were either A) volunteer and gain experience or B) don't volunteer and you won't graduate college. It's really not a bad job. However, the only "negative" aspect is the minimal hours per week. Also, when a patron asks me a question I have to direct them to the customer service desk for assistance.
>>
As for the full-time job searching, it is not going well. I applied for a job on 10 June 2015. The Agency sent an e-mail in January 2016 stating my application was reviewed and that they would keep me posted on an application status changes. Furthermore, I am wondering if I should apply for a part time position at a movie theater. I have never worked in a movie theater before and wonder what the manager would look for in a prospective employee.
>>
>>26616472
this reads like you applied for one place in 9 months. you have to apply to literally every place if you want to have any chance of finding something. and dont worry about shit like 'am i right for this job', they decide that stuff not you, just apply everywhere
>>
>>26608881
>went to a job fair about a month ago
>one job the rep was the rudest person I met in a while, kept pushing me away and trying to close the conversation without reading my resume
>last week and a half get about 2-3 emails from her asking me to please call her at X number for an interview and please email her back about applying for a job
I don't even care though, it's a literal wagecuck code monkey position where I'd be writing corporate java.net libraries for other programmers
>>
I've been meaning to write a resume now for a few months.
>>
>>26616543
Thank you for that realistic comment. Whether an employee thinks their good for the job or not the employer may think otherwise.
>>
File: 1455651116288.jpg (28 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1455651116288.jpg
28 KB, 500x366
>>26608881
Times are tough lads. I'm fresh out of Uni and have had pretty mediocre luck so far.
>>
File: 1331867413417.png (22 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1331867413417.png
22 KB, 645x773
>>26616890
>he fell for the uni meme

me too buddy, me too
>>
File: flowey smug.jpg (48 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
flowey smug.jpg
48 KB, 800x521
>>26608881
I got an internship
>>
>>26608881
>2012
>23
>fresh college dropout
>need to find a job
>reply to ad, invited to my first ever interview
>went well, hired
>now making ~1.5x average income
I still don't know how it happened
>>
>tfw rejection letter from Target

I've applied to that place like 5 times and get rejected every time. Am I fucking black listed? I DINDU NUFFIN!

They probably want some mexican that understands only every fifth word in english so he can't tell he's being overworked or someshit.

God, fuck this.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.