[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here /wantskids/? >Father was a drinker, left when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: 51a486a70d5e790133.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
51a486a70d5e790133.jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
Who else here /wantskids/?

>Father was a drinker, left when I was five
>mfw I am obsessed with having a son and being a good and loving dad
>Constantly fantasize about imparting wisdom to my imaginary son

Do any other robots know these feels?
>>
>>26608518
I legitimately write stories about me marrying a female version of myself and having an anime daughter. It's autistic, but it makes me happy.
>>
Yeah I know this feel. Hopefully in a few years.
>>
I want at least 5, preferably 7.

I'm really interested in genealogy and have spent countless hours interviewing older relatives asking about stories. I know more about my family than most and am in contact with all of my great great grandparents (on all sides) descendants.

I want more than anything to impart this knowledge on my descendants but I'm a hugless/handholdingless/kissless virgin.

I'm in the same boat as you desu. Mom left when I was 13 and dad left when I was 7. Been moving around ever since. No one has constantly been in my life for more than a year ever since I was 13.

What do I do robots to get a wife? I don't want to be lonely anymore. I'm not even unattractive...
>>
>>26608599
Wow are you me?

I'm gonna start looking for board games nights and talking to ladies that way.

Although I get the nagging sensation that itl only last until I can run 1.5 in 7 minutes and I enlist.

Need a better career to buy house to make little rascals in desu.
>>
>>26608679
I'd enlist if I could but I'm a cripple.

You also interested in genealogy?

I have no issue socializing with people, I'm really good at it (moving around a lot's only advantage). I just can't get in a relationship with anyone.
>>
>>26608518

I'm 31 & now it's constantly on mind, especially after work. During rush hour, my mind just plays all these hypothetical situations with me & my son & wife
>>
>>26608518
This has been a recent fantasy of mine, yes.
>>
>>26608737
Are you hugless/kissless/handholdingless?
>>
I find that educated women are actually less likely to be the kind of turbosluts that we hate. My tutor currently trying to get a PhD in higher level mathematics and she absolutely despises the typical college girl lifestyle and is pretty to boot. Try to go for more bookish girls anon. Some of them are actually pretty cute.
>>
>>26608721
Yeah I want to take a few days off work and ask nan about grandad since he was supposedly a police officer about 10 miles from where I live.

My other grandad escaped capture in North Africa and spent the rest of his army time as an MP.

Geneva convention says if you get captured twice they can shoot you desu.
>>
>>26608518
>father is a whore
>has 6 other kids
>wants to see me after 17 years of silence
>laughs at and disrespects me for being a virgin 20 minutes into our get together

Thought he'd be proud of me for not being a dead beat fag with 7 kids like he himself.
I've wanted a car all my life. He mentally demolished me immediately

I lost interest in raising kids after that. Lost interest in living. Weed is all I need
>>
>>26608817

No, lost mine at 17, ltr from 26-30, looking dark though
>>
I always wanted kids but it's almost uncomfortable for me to imagine something with a genuine tie to me being in the world
>>
Has anyone already come up with names for their hypothetical kids? I've got Jude if it's a boy, Gretchen if it's a girl. Pls no bully
>>
>>26608833
I mean dad.

I don't want t no car.
>>
>>26608823
This is true but they tend to care more about their careers than starting a family. My big mistake
>>
>>26608853

It's pretty much my name with JR added
>>
If I could go back in time I would literally beg my parents not to have kids.

So nah I don't want kids
>>
>>26608518
> forcing another life into this hell so you can fulfill some power fantasy
no. get a dog or adopt
>>
I recently started writing a journal. I write it like it's directed at someone not like it's just meant for me. I write in the same way I talk on here. I want to give this journal to my son when he is around 18 so he can read about what I was like when I was his age. That's the person I'm writing my book for.
>>
>>26608853
John or Margaret desu.
>>
File: 1430171665261.jpg (12 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1430171665261.jpg
12 KB, 200x240
Happiness declines into parenthood.

You know who's happy? Childfree and empty nesters. Why do you think it will be different for you?
>>
>>26608930
>Happiness declines into parenthood

Link to study?
>>
File: 1455032511482.jpg (59 KB, 468x331) Image search: [Google]
1455032511482.jpg
59 KB, 468x331
>tfw 19
>tfw want 1 girl or 1 boy
>tfw want to have kids on my 20's
>>
>>26608930
My grandfather had four daughters. After my mom got divorced from my shithead of a father I took her maiden name. I'm the only grandchild of his to bear the family name. I can't let that die. He is a great man and I need to honor him by making sure that this family name does not end with me.
>>
>>26608867
They plan stuff out though. My tutor already said she wants kids. She's 23 and I'm 18. We get along very well. If only I could marry her, I'd have the perfect wife.
>>
My parents weren't really bad parents, but my family has never been close. Seeing extended family at christmas is always an awkward experience, especially as a robot, and I never talk to any of them outside of occasions like that. The worst part was seeing my grandfather on his deathbed and having nothing to say to him because we'd basically never developed a relationship.
My home didn't really seem like a warm or loving environment to grow up in, and that becomes clear when I visited my friends and they'd have these warm relationships with their family members, and I'd feel jealous.
Because of that, I've always wanted a family where I can (attempt to) provide the love and support that I didn't feel like I had, and with good relationships with extended family members. My parents have said that they want to be better, more involved grandparents than mine were, and my brother's basically Chad and will probably have kids before me anyway despite being younger.

Really the biggest roadblock is my lack of success with women and my slight fear of being responsible for a child's life like that.

>>26608599
I am also interested in this. My grandfather did quite a bit of family tree research before he died, I still need to sort all that out and see what he found.

>>26608853
Anon, you could probably get your kids taken off of you for inflicting them with those names.
>>
File: 1426578031734.jpg (56 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1426578031734.jpg
56 KB, 450x450
>>26608951
google it, every study tells you that children make you unhappy.

http://www.asanet.org/press/20051221.cfm

>Parenthood is not associated with enhanced mental health, and, in fact, is more likely to be associated with symptoms of depression, according to recently published sociological research. The research finds that parents of all types report more symptoms of depression than nonparents

>>26609018
You don't have to do anything anon. Please, I'm telling you now that having children is a meme. TONS of parents regret it. Don't fall for your stupid animalistic instincts.
>>
>>26608917
>raising another persons kid

no no no jahn, if I'm going to invest in another human its going to be related to me
>>
>>26609061

Would have been helpful if she said something at the start, I wouldn't have wasted my time
>>
>>26609067
What names would you suggest anon?
>>
>>26609095

I've been so alone that a family doesn't sound so bad
>>
File: 1451113200004.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1451113200004.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>26609152
If you get a girl to date you in the first place, you will pretty much always have a happier life with no kids.

Double income, no stress, vacations, etc.

Not to mention divorce rates are almost 50% now a days. Don't get locked down, it's stupid. Having a child is not as fulfilling as it seems and it's very likely that it will get torn away from you anyhow.

>80% of mothers get custody of their kids

I know it sounds great now because you're lonely, but it's really really not worth it.
>>
Honestly the hardest part about this whole this is finding a suitable woman to mother my children. Where can I find conservative, motherly women who are content with being housewives anymore?
>>
>>26608833
>>26608861
Is he still alive, Anon?
If so, become more successful than him.
It's the best revenge.

that or just beat him up, I dunno
>>
>>26609018
Me too senpai I've googled my name and it's rare as fug desu.
Rad as hell though so I NEED TO MAKE MORE OF ME.

Uncles son is a huge normie though so no pressure.
>>
>>26609199
I don't know anon, I mean this is your biological mission on Earth. I don't wanna be 50 and look back a think "Fuck, I should've had a child". By that time your spunk is so fucked up and degraded that you can't get a kid without him or her having a disability.
>>
File: 8663787896292889819.jpg (26 KB, 400x504) Image search: [Google]
8663787896292889819.jpg
26 KB, 400x504
>>26608518
i share this feel. my father was a shit head, so my entire family was destroyed. everyone is broken. I want to have my own family and show that I'm better than he ever could be.
>>
File: dankgnome.gif (100 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
dankgnome.gif
100 KB, 200x200
I don't understand why white robots aren't race mixing like crazy. Black and asian female/white male couples do well and rarely divorce. They're probably more likely to be a traditional housewife and tend to your children than a white woman now a days.

Plus, you're white and probably middle class. Its much easier for you to get a nonwhite gf. I don't get it. Who cares about "betraying" your race, when they've already betrayed you?
>>
File: mike2.jpg (33 KB, 505x550) Image search: [Google]
mike2.jpg
33 KB, 505x550
I feel you. Sometimes I feel so alone and a lot of my free time is spent wasting away at a computer. I don't really like myself so devoting my life to someone else is what I want in my life.
>>
>>26609322
FUCK OFF
WHITE MEN CAN KEEP THEIR PAWS OFF LATINAS.
THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES I CAN MANAGE TO HOPE TO LAY
MY DIRTY FUCKING WHORE SISTER IS ALREADY DATING ONE.
WHITE MEN STICK TO YOUR OWN WOMEN.
>>
>>26609291
More people regret having kids then not having kids. I don't think you understand how stressful having children is. Imagine this: your wife stops working, you have to provide fucking everything and then *poof* your job is outsourced to mexico.

It's not as easy to have and provide for a child now a days. I'm telling you, you only like the idea of children because you're lonely. If you land a gf in the first place then you wouldn't be feeling this way. And as we know, gf is prerequisite to children.

If you ever get that far I hope you change your mind.
>>
>>26609259
One of my distant relatives who lives in Poland is incredibly attractive so he'll probably pass on the family name. Thing is I think my grandfather probably wants a direct descendant so I'm only slightly less fucked.
>>
>knows how shit and meaningless life is
>wants to force other people into this horrible existence
What the fuck is wrong with you normies? Have you no empathy for others?
>>
>>26608518
I do this too but then I remember that I will never have a son because no woman will ever love me and it fucking kills me.
>>
>>26608569
I feel like I just read the cliff's notes for sword art online I.
>>
>>26609355
Latinas are also a good option, thanks for reminding me.
>>
I don't trust myself with others tableware so a kid would definitely be too much.
>>
>>26609292
I've actually abstained from alcohol because of him. Too afraid that I'll end up like him to be honest, senpai. If I'm a good father to my son maybe he'll be better than I ever could be. Maybe he'll redeem me by being a normal, well-rounded person. I want to give him what I've always longed for.
>>
I know this feel. My dad was ok but for whatever reason my parents split and since then both he and by my brother have been estranged. I think I "overcompensate" for my self-perceived betaness by being raised by a mother by adopting what I see as a masculine character.

I often think of things I'd like do if I had children, like take them for car journeys and talk about stuff in a non-patronizing way, introduce them to cool music, read to them at night. I'd carry around a little notebook and any questions they asked me that I didn't know the answer to I'd make a point of writing it in the notebook and teaching them the value of attaining knowledge. I probably won't have kids though since I've never been in a relationship and I'm so closed off from people that I don't think I ever will.
>>
>>26608518
Like I said before, I do want a kid, but I don't want a mother for it, I am already convinced all women nowadays are complete whores with a brain of media and no loyalty. I'd love to, specially, have a daughter, because I do believe that, if raised by the right parent, it's possible to create a non whore girl, and I'd love to see that.
Problem is, I doubt a single father with a female kid would be approved by others, so adoption is out of question, not that I want to be a cuck anyways. And surrogacy on the other hand, seems pretty hard to do.
>>
When a girl sits next to me on the train or smiles at me I imagine our life together and raising a son and being a really good and loyal dad who never gets angry with them.

If I have a daughter I just know shel come home up the difference from some truanting bastard
>>
>>26609613

Up the duff from some truanting bastard**
>>
>>26609613
>When a girl sits next to me on the train or smiles at me I imagine our life together
I do this far too often. It can't be healthy.
>>
>>26609613
>When a girl sits next to me on the train or smiles at me I imagine our life together

Oh god anon, I do the same thing.
>>
>>26609214
Yea. This were only last month. I wanted to beat his shit in but I just put him out.

>become more successful than him
Considered it but I'm not into revenge anymore. Its unnecessary stress. I'm done trying anyway. The work outweighs the reward imo and only I will appreciate it. I don't care for success like most people anyway

Thanks for the time anon
>>
>>26609674
>>26609749
You're meant to ask them out when this happens familia.
>>
>>26608679
>run 1.5 in 7 minutes

So, faster than a 4 minute mile pace?
>>
I saw the tears of the oppressed, and they have no comforter; power was on the side of their oppressors, and they have no comforter.

And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive.

But better than both is the one who has never been born, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.
>>
>>26609878
>turn to girl who has not shown any sign of interest so far
>mumble through introducing yourself, while also trying to justify your presence in front of her, and therefore rush through several sentences at once
>she asks you to repeat yourself
>any semblance of confidence is long gone by this point, and you're coming across as weird (unless you look Chad-tier)

Come on, man, this is /r9k/
>>
I like to think my parents good a good job of raising me. I'm an only child and I shift from being shy to outgoing. It's weird. On my mom's side of the family everyone hates each other and hardly pretends to like each other. We all meet for thanksgiving and Christmas but that's it. Grandma was verbally abusive to everyone, grandpa was an asshole to all his kids. My grandparents on my dad's side were really cool. He has some brothers and a sister. They were close in childhood but weren't as close when they were all adults. Two of his brothers died and that was the only time I met alot of his family was at one of their funerals. My remaining Uncle has all the grave plots of our family already bought. He said that after he passes I'm the only one left with blood from our ancestors (his kids are adopted, other uncles and aunt never had kids). It's my duty to carry on the bloodline and become the patriarch. Keep everything in order like he did. I plan on having a big family so my kids will know how to socialize. Building a strong family together. Provide as much as I can in every way. Hopefully get everyone to come together more than twice a year after they're grown up. I have the name of my sons picked out. If at least one son it's going to be the same initials and middle name as my father and I to keep the tradition going. My wife and I can decide on the other names together. I'm only 21, so I'm hoping I'll find her in the next 5 years. I want to start early, my parents had me when they were 38 so I feel like they were a little older and weren't able to do as much as I grew up (they were also obese. Lost tons of weight though).

TL;DR I'm an only child who wants a large family with strong bonding
>>
>>26610049

>Tfw can't read the signs women give you when they're interested and only realise later when posting on r9k about a grills weird behaviour that you realise you should of acted
>>
>>26610316
>come home from night out
>while I'm sitting in the kitchen, flatmate comes home with a mutual female friend
>she asks to stay here, since her house is ages away
>asks to stay in my room
>yeah, sure
>we've made out in the past, and I know she's into me
>we go upstairs and get into bed
>I turn the light out and try to go to sleep straight away
>think about making a move, but don't want it to be awkward if she rejects me, so I don't
>after a while, she says "Anon, I'm cold"
>I reply "Have some more of the covers then"
>continue trying to sleep
>"Anon, I can't sleep"
>"Uh...keep trying"
>eventually get to sleep
>wake up, she leaves
>go out and get breakfast with flatmate
>he has this smug look on his face
>he is incredulous when I say I didn't sleep with her
>he tells our other flatmate when we go home
>she's just as shocked
>"Anon, if a girl's in your bed it probably means she wants to sleep with you"
>feel autistic as fuck
>>
>>26609905
OK maybe a bit slower I forget the actual time stipulated but it's over 8.

I've been concentrating on upper body strength for the press up requirement and after hitting the resistance machines a few days ago I have pain in places I didn't know I had desu.
>>
The hard part is finding a good woman. Anyone know a good place to meet conservative girls?
>>
ill name all my daughters after my favorite 2D girls growing up
>>
>>26608518
I wants 1 son and 1 girl. Too bad my gf is almost sterile
>>
>>26608833
Why dis you go? How were you lured to see him?
>>
I wonder if any anons here actually have kids
>>
I often fantasize about my imaginary family, then I realize I'm ugly, poor and have anxiety attacks and then I cry and want to die
>>
A part of me wants a daughter.
Every so often, I dream vividly about taking her on walks and letting her ride on my shoulders. Taking her to her first day of school and trying to make her stop crying.

These fantasies are all based on my memories, mimicking the way my dad raised me. He's no longer around, and I think a part of me wants to grow and become a father as great as he was.

I love you, Dad.
>>
>>26612719
Sorry for your loss, anon (The robot is trying to mute me)
>>
File: contempt.jpg (35 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
contempt.jpg
35 KB, 600x420
>>26608599
This
I want to give my kids a classical education and teach them all the old forgotten skills that would have been second nature to our ancestors.
>your great great grandfathers face when his great great grandson can't start a fire with flint & steel, throw a punch, write calligraphy or walk barefoot three miles in the snow uphill both ways.
>>
>>26608518
Yeah anon, I'm guilty.
>want to teach my son french and piano when hes young if hes willing
>teach him the recipes that Ive gained from decades of experience
>be an actual father figure unlike my father was
hopefully shit wont be ruined by a shitty wife
>>
>>26608518
I don't genuinely want kids.

I had the most detached, regretful, irresponsible parents of any child I'd ever met whose parents weren't on hard drugs. I want to teach my kid how to make friends, how to do well in school, how to cook, and basically provide him with the life skills I was supposed to have been taught. I want him to come from a family wrought by mental illness but be the smartest, most stable one by far.

Basically I want to live vicariously through my child. I would probably not have the patience for it and I would end up fucking this kid up like I was.

Nobody in this thread should have kids.
>>
Yep. My dad put his work over his family and my mom was a semi-functioning alcoholic until I was 11. I have 3 older bros and 1 older sister so it's almost like they were my parents too. I want a son so I can be a good dad for him. I kinda want a daughter too, cause my sister turned out to be a dumb liberal slut.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.