[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the value of emotion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1453640779057.jpg (104 KB, 1280x843) Image search: [Google]
1453640779057.jpg
104 KB, 1280x843
i try to live my life logically. i try to analyze most things i come across. when i'm feeling a certain way i always analyze why.

sometimes i wonder, is this the wrong way to live? always i think instead of feel. maybe it should be the opposite. but it's hard to break the habit of analyzing before expressing anything. sometimes i wonder if i should just let go, and do away with trying to be logical.
>>
>>26608478

You have to understand what emotions are real and which ones are just manufactured, and by manufactured I mean emotions that have been predominantly taught like how to always react to a certain situation or how to feel toward something.
>>
Just be yourself and take every situation on an individual basis. There are times that call for cold rationality and there are situations that call for a more emotional approach.
>>
I'm like you OP, only I don't forcefully supress my emotions. I just have so few of them and they occur so far beyond my scope of understanding that it's brought me so much confusion

It's not a way to live desu. Imagine being unable to truly tell someone you love them because you don't feel anything for them. Or get excited about things, or genuinely smile without forcing it so you seem normal.

It's not good.
>>
>>26608554

i can't comprehend that kind of vagueness to a lifestyle though. my brain is just too autistic for it
>>
File: 1432185707679.png (218 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1432185707679.png
218 KB, 600x579
>>26608478
> feel dissatisfaction and suffering
> i must be missing something
> learn new things, change my ways
> decide to just give up and relax
>>
>>26608478
I'm just like you OP, keep doing what you're doing.
>>
>>26609115
me too, and i've learned to use it. consider that a gift, we're not the type of people to get into shit situations and the likes
>>
I don't think it's the wrong way to live, personally I just don't know any better.

Unfortunately as a side effect your view upon the world is likely to become rather nihilistic.

>tfw emptiness, always searching for something that simply isn't there
>anxious and restless even though I'm supposed to be all cool and collected since there's no logical reason for me to feel the way i do.
>have been accused of being emotionless/like a robot

Oh well such is life
>>
i used to feel emotions, but after some time, after realising how the world actually works, i gave up on emotions, i'm much better without them
>>
with logic, you can come to any conclusion since the axioms, which are required for logic conclusions, are free to choose and depending on your emotions. so, ultimately, you don't live your life logically but emotionaly, you just pretend to do so in order to feel better with your fucked up life
>>
>>26608478
Emotion is helpful as a means to unite with ur peers senpai.

Think of large sporting events or tragic accidents desu.

You can do both.
I remember one time a gay man antagonised me and then put his hand on me. I saw red and resolved on the spot to break his jaw. I raised my fist, and began to consider the best way to break a man's jaw, but I saw him cower in fright. I realised in that instant he did not desire violence and had made a mistake. My rage subsided.

You master your emotions, they do not master you desu.
>>
enjoy the feels, embrace them. but when its time for action a cool coordinated response is always better than an emotional outburst.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.