[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcoholism thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
Who here just stopped caring about GFs and fell in love with the bottle instead? It makes every day so much better.

Post what you drink and how much you drink, AA shills and moralist normals can stay the fuck away from this thread.
>>
Bulleit bourbon currently in the stash. I pretty much only drink bourbon. Always neat as well
>>
>>26604272
drinking beer and listening to depressing music on a friday night! Thank god for /r9k/!
>>
I've started having vodka twice a week (the two days I go to college, Monday/Wednesday, 5 classes each day) to be more social in my classes and not be so afraid of speaking up

I get really buzzed throughout my classes (morning to late afternoon). How fucked am I eventually?

Beyond this, I don't drink.
>>
>>26604272

Do you ever get drunk and then go out in public to see if it will make you braver when talking to people?
>>
Christ, I wish I had alcohol of any sort. Having no GBPs is the worst.
>>
>>26604520
Do you drink during the breaks or what?
>>
How about general substance dependence? Heroin>everything.
>>
File: 1439835609586.png (54 KB, 192x212) Image search: [Google]
1439835609586.png
54 KB, 192x212
>tfw you come home from a hard day of wagecucking and you forgot about that 12 year old bottle of Glenfiddich you left near your bed after getting sloshed a week ago
>>
>>26604606

Yeah, right before my first class then the 15 minutes between each class.

Usually a few "shots" (just in a plastic bottle, not sure how much I'm even drinking) of vodka.

Problem is, I still haven't been able to chat up any girls in class, which should be the main goal. Just feeling "good" in class doesn't seem like enough of a payoff for the poison I'm putting in me
>>
The warmness in my stomach is what being loved must feel like. I'm drinking bottled love now
>>
>>26604650
You're not going to start chatting up girls just because you're intoxicated. That's a pretty fundamental misunderstanding of how this stuff works.
>>
>>26604675
cheers!
You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was not original.
fuck you and your mother, Hiroshima!!!!!
>>
I threw up blood last week so I should probably stop drinking if I want to live. I don't though sooooooo
>>
Havent drank since my 18th birthday. Dad died from alcoholism and brother is an alcoholic junkie. I just cant bring myself to becoming like them
>>
>>26604272
Alcohol is way better than women. Cheaper too.

Beer sits too heavy, is too expensive and too slow/takes too long to drink. I prefer liquor. It's kind of baby's first alcohol but I still like cinnamon flavored things. Whiskeys and schnaps. Coconut rum is really easy too. I used to make mixed drinks when I had someone to try them out with. I was quite a fan of mixing blue curacao or triple sec with stuff. Also had a lot of fun finding the bottomest, paint thinner-like stuff I could find and trying to make it tolerable.

Now I don't feel like I can justify the price of buying $40 of liquor at a time when I'm a light weight and a fifth lasts me a week.
>>
>>26604760
Not the same guy, but it is a lot easier to do with a couple drinks. Rejection also hurts a lot less.
>>
>>26604913
It's easier to do, but if you have no real drive to do it sober, your personality won't be fundamentally changed.
>>
>>26604648
this is a glorious feeling people without addictions will never know
>>
>>26604972
I really hate that I've never found lost intoxicants of any kind.
>>
File: 20.jpg (36 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
36 KB, 709x765
>>26604272

Guess I'm well on the way. My mentally ill ex made me start drinking and now I can already go through a bottle of vodka and only get a slight buzz. Fucking alcohol tolerance.
>>
>>26604972
I nearly drunk my dad's tobacco spit the other week. It was in the dark and in a bottle of brandy.

I thought I found a jack pot and realized all i found was a glass bottle of spit. Really disappointing.
>>
>>26605057
I laughed my ass off when a straight edge guy I knew started dating this Tumblr tier cunt and within two weeks of dating she had driven him to start drinking.
>>
>>26605091
pussy whipped
>>
>>26605153
It was hilarious. All they even did was kiss.
>>
I drink a fair amount, usually me and my roommate will drink loads of beer just for the sake of it watching tv or vidya.

I agree that it sits heavy and takes a lot to get a good buzz, but i think neither of us want to admit that we would rather be drinking liquor as it wouldn't seem as acceptable.
>>
>>26605160
That made me cringe!
>>
alcohol is the most normie and shit drug there is
>>
>>26605182
That's stupid though. Drink your grain alcohol like proper alcoholics. You shouldn't care about stigmas when you're already drinking. I have some classy as fuck Brown Derbys (liquor stores) near me. Makes me feel like a sophisticated fuck when I can walk by all the nice wine and local craft beer and pick up my bottom shelf shit.
>>
>was a drunk
>met a girl
>stopped drinking
>dated girl
>fell in love
>sober for months

this literally happened to me, kick the habit you fucks
>>
Music sounds four times better, and I already love music sober. Online multiplayer games become four times enjoyable and engaging with a leveled buzz.
In a way I kind of meditate while drinking since to me it is temporary emotional release from all the bullshit anxiety and depression. Having a visual mind, I tend to create incredibly vivid scenes every once in a while when browsing the internet. My brain is doing all the work and I am sitting on my seat enjoying the ride, like half dreaming but in some control by pointing the direction of where that dream goes, everything between traversing the universe to abstract electric sheep, until I finally go back to browsing, or gaming, or whatever.
In social drinking, I enjoy alcohol less, it helps me open up for conversation and makes the moment more enjoyable, but I just can't enjoy it as much as the internet/music combo.
>>
Drugs and alcohol are the best replacement for having no human contact
>>
>>26605430
Sounds great but when you're almost 27, obviously losing hair and have never had a gf there is really not much hope left.
>>
I used to drink a lot of vodka but as for now i dont have money for a simple beer
>>
>>26605546
This was back then, I haven't drank anything for two years because I could see my flesh aging faster than it should be. Life is more lame now, but I feel healthier. I'm missing the time when I was 19, watching Azumanga daioh at the end of a drinking session playing halo 2 or starcraft online was the most absolute chill feeling I've ever had.
>>
>>26604272
I love to drink but can't handle the hangovers anymore, if I get shitfaced it just ruins the next 2 days
>>
I practically live in the bars and clubs around my city because I drink so much. inb4 "Get out normie reee" I have no friends and usually go out alone Captain morgan and Coke is my preferred drink of choice but I'll drink anything put in front of me.
>TFW becoming an alcoholic was possibly the best thing to happen in my life.
>>
I used to do vodka but now I'm trying to transition down to wine. I had about 5 boxes of wine this week and went through some serious withdrawls last night. Not fun.
>>
>>26605430

You'll start drinking again when she leaves
>>
I really want to lose 25lbs by the end of may and the only way I can do that is to cut back on my drinking.

I just take a shitload of diphenhydramine (active ingredient in Zzzquil/benadryl that makes you tired) around 6pm every day and it sedates me enough so that I don't feel like going out and buying booze.

Fuck I'd love to kill a 12 pack though.
>>
>>26604418
I love bourbon but I usually take the rye due to it being cheaper
>>
i was too legit, had to quit. pisses me off when people post shit on twitter about how
>omg my liver says no but my mind says yes
when they get drunk like once or twice a month at a house party. like shut up cunt, you don't know the liquor.

much more productive when sober, so it's worked out well so far.
>>
>>26604272

i drink till i'm fucking done, passed out, gone

scotch never cheated on me, never ignored me for a better guy

it did stop working effectively, and give me withdrawals
>>
File: minigunfrog.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
minigunfrog.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
I love Hennessey, it just sucks that fucking nignog culture has taken it for itself. I can't even bring myself to buy it and drink it alone now. Switched to Chopin vodka

>tfw the nigs have even taken my drink from me
>>
>>26604272
anyone know a way to get fucked man, I ran out and I'm shaking, the stores are closed. I really don't want to have to huff spraypaint and gasoline again.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.