[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If psychedelics open the Mind at Large at allow you to see the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 505x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 505x640
If psychedelics open the Mind at Large at allow you to see the world for how it truly is (beautiful, and not skewed by human perception), then what constitutes a "bad trip"? How does that work?
>>
They stimulate what's already there

all your emotions, happiness, fear, excitement, despair. They're all felt with tenfold intensity compared to what you normally experience
>>
>>26602887
>if psychedelics "open the mind"
They don't.
>>
In my experience bad trips are usually the result of trying to fight or reject something that makes you uncomfortable instead of accepting it. You might think of something that makes you feel bad, and you try and block it out and you feel worse and worse because you're fighting yourself.
>>
Have done quite a bit of psychedelics, I wouldn't say they open the mind, but they definitely make reality feel very enhanced. I've never had a bad trip anon, people think I'm very lucky. The "trick" to not having a bad trip is to never worry about taking what you're about to take, plan what you need to plan while relaxed, stay relaxed, enjoy yourself. Etc.
>>
>>26603038
>>26602887
Yea it's the negative thought loops that seem to last forever and multiply that really mess with people. You get trapped unless you have a solid way of distracting yourself with something pleasant like music.
>>
>>26602981
>>26603038
I only ask because in the future, if I plan to use mescaline or LSD or whatever, I'd have to be cautious.

I'm fucked in the head in the sense that the way I experience the world in a sober state is already kind of bad trip-ish. Like sometimes I feel like I'm staring directly into the void and spacetime around me drones on. It's just derealization anxiety. And I wouldn't want drugs to amplify that.

>>26603028
Read "The Doors of Perception"
>>
Your ego interferes with what you're seeing

That's why if you thumb print (for example) you can't have a bad trip because ego death occurs at a certain dosage level
>>
File: terencegif.gif (724 KB, 309x360) Image search: [Google]
terencegif.gif
724 KB, 309x360
>>26602887
"bad" trips arent a thing, psychedelics like mushrooms show you what you need to see in order to get help from them and not what you want to see.

>>26603028
maybe you just dont know how to take them. or even better, you have never taken them so you dont know what its like

>>26603038
this
>>
>>26603038
>You might think of something that makes you feel bad, and you try and block it out and you feel worse and worse because you're fighting yourself.
that's exactly how generalized anxiety works lmao

that makes me more fearful
>>
>>26603101
it isnt about luck, its not a roll of a dice if you have a bad trip or not. if you know how you can know for sure if your trip is going to be bad or not. people who have bad trips either havent done enough research or are just idiots
>>
>>26603038
Either this, or being around people who you don't completely trust when you're tripping. I can't stress enough how important it is to be around people you are 100% comfortable with. A good friend can help pull you out of negative thinking if it starts happening, but a random could start fucking with you or manipulating your vulnerable mindstate. There is nothing worse than feeling gaslighted while under the influence of acid, trust me. I still wanna murder the guy who did that to me.
>>
Drugs don't open the mind. Been a user for over 20 years now. All they do is lower inhibitions, give you temporary retardation or ADHD.

They change your perspective on nearly everything and enhance or inhibit your thoughts, feelings, and personality.

If you want to "open your mind", do some traveling, get out of your box. Serious traveling overseas, not local travel two states over to buy legal weed or something.

That being said, bad trips have been well explained already, and if you percieve life as "bad trip-esque" in sobriety, i would avoid it altogether. I've seen first-timers get in over their heads and develop a permanent psychosis from a bad trip.

If you still intend to do it, find a hallucinogenic veteran to babysit you the first couple times.
>>
>>26603319
but the person trip sitting has to know what they are doing so they dont start asking stuff like "are you okay?" or something else that will make you paranoid
>>
>>26603289
Interesting. I may have anxiety myself and that's why I experience negative trips that way.
>>
>>26603455
there are certain drugs that will change your perspective on life and "open your mind" like some tryptamines.
but something like shooting heroin probably isnt going to do it
>>
>>26603455
life first started feeling bad trip-esque after the first time I smoked weed (which was more than I could handle)
>>
Bad trips will still be an insightful/eye-opening experience. You might be subjected to thoughts you'd repressed for years and long since forgotten about and it might seem scary or overwhelming at the time. When you reflect on it later though you might take something positive away from it. Every trip changes you a little bit
>>
>>26603156
someone address this post pls
>>
>>26602887
>woah man, like, shrooms totally make you see the world for what it really is maaaaaaan

I fucking hate you faggots. You aren't suddenly figuring out the secret truths of the universe, your brain is reacting to chemicals.
>>
Like I mentioned earlier, you want to find a veteran to hallucinogens if you insist on taking them. Someone who has a lot of experience (as well as maturity) is going to know how to deal with a tripper while babysitting. My first time was with my uncle, 20 years older than me. He was such an experienced tripper he took the acid with me and was still able to babysit me.

Not everyone is that lucky though, if you wind up alone i would suggest taking half of a hit (preferably less if youve NEVER done any hallucinogens beyond psilocybens)

Another good thing to do is monitor your moods the day of ingestion. Something as tiny as being frustrated with a store clerk could come back to haunt you. Purposely force yourself to have a good day and be HAPPY when you pop your hit
>>
>>26602887
>psychedelics open the Mind
Will this meme ever die?
People just talk a lot of horseshit on pshycadelics. It seems profound and meaningful at the time but it's really just drug induced ramblings with no meaning.

However I am very enlightened by my own intelligence so I can see how less intelligent people would consider those ramblings as mind-bending or whatever.
>>
They're kids. >>26604027

They'll believe whatever they want until they grow up. Until then all we can do is hold their hands until they suddenly realize they've been sounding like burn-out commune hippies.

It took me til i was damn near 30
>>
>>26603982
>>26604027
see
>>26603156

this is content
>>
>>26603982
>woah man, like, shrooms totally make you see the world for what it really is maaaaaaan

this is literally a meme, nobody does this.

>your brain is reacting to chemicals.

well no shit, but that doesnt mean that the chemical reaction can't change thing in the brain, like take down your ego and the culturally laid down thinking patters and the society's "normal" information processing
>>
>>26604027
I guarantee you're an atheist who's taken aback by even the slightest hint of spirituality.

The irony is, you're less intelligent than the people you're ridiculing.
>>
>>26604122
its probably just because you dont know how to take them.
you dont just take them and wait to be "enlightened"
>>
>>26604130
shh, let him think he knows what he's talking about.

Probably doesn't even know how the drugs actually work biologically, just "it's chemicals, man xD"
>>
>>26604184
I'm a christcuck actually
>>
>>26604233
That explains it a lot better than if you were atheist, actually.
>>
>>26604233
>>26604277
gentlemen gentlemen you both got dubs why dont you set aside your differences and hit this shit my nigga
>>
>>26604277
uh-huh, the exact opposite of your little theory was true but that's really what you mean all along ;)
>>
>>26604277
So he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't?

Maybe think about how stupid you sound
>>
As much as I want to experience acid because it might change my view in life. I've been told by the internet and real people that if I have mental issues most likely it will en in a bad trip.
I have no friends that can stay whit me in case of a bad trip either.

Are all these just paranoid bullshit or a bad trip can actually fuck you up that bad??
>>
>>26604130
>this is literally a meme, nobody does this.

Yes, the good majority of people who take psychs say exactly this.
>>
>>26604326
>>26604331
>"atheism is the exact opposite of Christian"
>being this spiritually blue-pilled
And you call yourself of superior intellect.
>>
>>26604358
yeah, no, notreally
>>
>>26604845
Yeah, really.

Quit being an idiot.
>>
>>26604352
Basically you're gonna have to stop being a pussy.

But also if you're scared they might ruin your life.
>>
>>26604886
you must know alot of people who take them then?
>but.. but... but the internet said so...
>>
>>26604987
>Basically you're gonna have to stop being a pussy.
That's not how you phrase this shit
>>
>>26604352
a bad trip isnt a random thing that happens, its affected by the dose, your mood, the place you trip at and the most important thing is how strong are you holding onto your ego and can you let go of it
>>
>>26602887
I dont get this feeling for some reason.. Ive done 225ug lsd and all i feel is happiness and think 1000s of thoughts pr minute.
>>
>>26605450
do you have autism? that basically what happens when autistic people take lsd

or you didnt really take lsd and it was an RC, wich is really likely because 90% of the "LSD" sold is something else
>>
>>26605517
I dont.. I have had like.. "realisations" of how the world is.. but its not like ive been completely mind fucked. Ive done LSD 4 times. Havent had a bad trip.

It is real LSD. Might be the dose though?

Im in a good state of mind when i take LSD and i force myself to be happy throughout the trips.
>>
>>26605719
I cant really tell by that if its real lsd or not but if it tastes bitter its probably nbombs or something else because real lsd doesnt taste like anything.
I would not recommend upping the dose before you test the lsd with a test kit. [/spoiler]a test kit can be bought online for quite cheap
and also dont try to force happiness on yourself, just try to let go of yourself
>>
>>26605879
I did alot of research of LSD before even trying it. It had no taste at all.

I dont really.. "force" it.. but i just ignore negative thoughts if you catch my drift.
>>
>>26605719
Real lsd will also glow if you put it under a black light
Also real lsd is orally active, nbomes arent
>>
>>26606025
Ah dindt know that

It might just have been some shit LSD i bought (all from the same guy and same batch)

Maybe i did each tab with too small a gab?
Did 150ug the first time. 150ug at school 4 days later.. 225ug 3 days later and 225ug 2 days later.
I think thats why im not getting a stronger reaction out of the 225 ugs.
You should wait a month between each tab ive read.
>>
>>26603310
You're fucking retarded, it's a roll of the dice if you have mental illness, especially something with mood swings like bipolar or borderline.
>>
>>26606143
>You should wait a month between each tab ive read.
Yes, you're basically wasting your acid by taking it that close together
80% of your tolerance goes away by the first week after, the last 20% takes the rest of the month to go away
>>
>>26603028
They literally do. Not "oooh hippy billshit woooow". Ask a neurologist. The answer is yes, hey physically, in real space and time, open connections in your brain beyond what you normally experience. This is not a debate. We have evidence. You have a shitty attitude. Evidence wins.
>>
>>26607151
Post the evidence
>>
>>26603135
When I have a bad trip or just bad thoughts when smoking weed I simply start thinking about sex and I lose myself in it because I'm a horny person
>>
File: spoon-feeding[1].jpg (82 KB, 584x389) Image search: [Google]
spoon-feeding[1].jpg
82 KB, 584x389
>>26607169
Open wide honey, here comes the airplane!!
http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/11/101/20140873
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_2-7-2014-18-11-12
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hbm.22562/abstract
(1/2 because it thinks I'm spamming)
>>
>>26607169
Almost done! Two more bites!
http://www.pnas.org/content/109/6/2138.full
http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/133/4/1265.full.pdf+html
>>
>>26607169
And just in case you're double retarded and you have any doubt about the definition of an "open mind" is

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+open
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+mind
What out! this next one's a doozy!
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define+open+mind
>>
>>26603028
They do legitimately change your thought patterns and logic
>>
Alright kids, in order to understand the basic laws of the world around us, we're gonna have a lesson today! Are you ready? Let's go!

First, we need to learn some big scary words first! I know, boooooo! Who likes big words? NOT ME! But I'll help you out with these ones. Lets start with the first one: default
Say it with me now! Deeeeefault! Yay you got it!
Let's try another one: mode
Moooooooode! Haha isn't this fun?
Last one! Network
Neeeeeeetwooooooork!
Put them all together, and what do you get? That's right! You get the default mode network!
Now, can anyone tell me what the default mode network is? No? Alright then, I'll help out. The default mode network is a section of the brain which regulates consciousness and ensures that we live our lives in a sober, problem-solving state!
Can anyone tell me what the common name for the default mode network is? Cmon, you know this! It's the ego, silly! haha!
Now, when someone decides to trip balls, guess what happens? The default mode network gets suppressed and less active.
Now, you might be thinking. "But teacher, if part of your brain gets suppressed, doesn't that mean psychedelics don't open your mind?"
No you fucking retard, that's stupid and you don't know what you're talking about.
By suppressing the default mode network, or the ego, or the goal-oriented problem-solving part of your brain, the rest of your brain can more easily make different connections than it normally does! Isn't that cool?

Now that we know this, are we gonna make any posts saying psychedelics decrease brain activity? NO!
Are we gonna post about how it's "just chemicals" when everything is just chemicals? NO!!
Are we gonna post anymore about things we don't know shit about? NO!!!
Are we gonna listen to reason, logic, evidence and science? YES!

Good job! I'm so proud of all of you!
>>
There's a lot to unpack here.

I don't buy that tripping leads to truth. I don't think you see past illusion in the psychedelic experience, you see illusion reordered into more tenable forms, but that's a personal opinion.

Bad trips have a bajillion reasons, but generally it boils down to defect in set or setting. Set is internal state, setting is external. If you're emotionally disturbed, going through some shit in general, distressed, stressed, tired, hungry, overfull, etc., etc., etc. it could cause you go go sideways. Also, unresolved issues of attachment can do this.

The best ways I know to avoid it are:
>always know your compound, doses, etc. Be CERTAIN
>always dose and come up in a clean and comfortable environment
>music helps
>reefer helps more and can divert fixated thoughts very easily (if you're coming up and focused on the idea of death, reefer can easily get you thinking along different tangents).

All this said, what qualifies as a bad trip for some may not be for others. Being dragged through the Meat Locker is going to fuck some people up, others will think of it like a horror movie and be OK. Loss of ability to communicate rationally or authentically can be terrifying; some folks will handle it well, others won't.

Know thyself.
>>
>>26608439
This guy knows his shit.
I'll dump my checklist
First- KNOW YOUR SHIT
Read articles. Go to Erowid and read everything about the drug. EVERYTHING. Read a couple hundred personal anecdotes. Then go out in real life and talk to people who have done it. Shoot for a dozen, but aim as high as you can.
Listen to Terence McKenna. He's batshit insane, but he provides on what you need, which is: what it is, what it does, what it looks like, what it feels like, what it might mean, how to go higher, how to stop freakouts.
Now go to the library. Read a few books. Now read a few dozen more.
Now go on Youtube. Look for Neurosoup, PsychedSubstance, The Drug Classroom. I don't give a fuck that they look like degenerate liberals or they talk funny or any of that shit. They have answers and know what they're talking about
Now breathe. You think I'm joking, but if you can't breathe right you can't trip right. I'd tell you to meditate but you won't, and disciplined breathing will get you 70% of the way there anyway.
Buy a test kit. If you're buying LSD, buy a UV light
Buy from a trusted source. If you're not comfortable with the seller you won't be comfortable on what he's selling. Look up how to order from darknet markets if you have to.
Plan. Plan the whole day. What you need for most drugs:
>water
>water
>water
>FRESH fruit
>nuts
>yogurt
>water
>your favorite food as long as it's even slightly healthy. Some people can guzzle down a big mac on 250ug, but you shouldn't want to try that. Clean body, clean mind.
>music. I reccomend https://www.stereodose.com/ but whatever you want as long as it isn't harsh in any way
>if you're looking for classics, go for Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album. Or Shpongle, although they're a bit much sometimes. Your emergency good vibes song is Invisible Man in a Fluorescent suit
>art. art, art, art. More experienced people can go to museums while they're tripping. That's good for about the 10th time you trip
>>
>>26609185
Is Tool good music for tripping?
>>
>>26609213
All I have to go off is their album art that I've seen. I think I've heard they're pretty good. If you like them, yes. Song selection will go a long way though. Have a trip playlist so you know what to expect, while still letting it be organic
>>
File: WDzPXg0.jpg (932 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
WDzPXg0.jpg
932 KB, 900x599
>>26609185
Thanks, you know your shit too.
Erowid's great. Don't trust super fluffy blogs that ramble about calcified pineal glands.

McKenna is indeed batshit insane, but I've listed to just about everything he's said that's public, more than once. There's good perspective in there, and while he's prone to noodle, the guy's PhD educated and chilled with Ralph Abraham, so it's not like he's some rando. Just be skeptical of the idea that DMT is the source of or the penultimate religious experience, and find out for yourself.

I'm a big fan of the 24(ish, this can be crunched into eight if you push water and eat light). Otherwise, yeah, eat decent.

I'd be skeptical of being super public ten trips in. Try walmart. If you can put up with ten minutes in walmart with a skull full of acid, you can put up with two hours at a museum reception.

>>26609213
I like it, but that said it's better for more 'cerebral' trips, and I like Maynard's other projects for triptime. Really, if you like it sober, you'll probably like it more under the influence of good hallucinogens.
>>
>>26602887
Most bad trips are from bad acid. It just causes mindfuck, not enlightenment.
>>
Psychedelics imbue life events with false significance.
>>
>>26603156
You honestly should never touch drugs like LSD until youve gotten that sorted out. You have to realize that although LSD and other hallucinogens cant kill you or give you cancer, it can still make you experience a psychotic break from reality. That's something you may never recover from, and if you do recover from it, you'll live the rest of your life in fear of psychosis.

t. former "mushrooms cant hurt you" guy
>>
They can expand or change the perception of yourself and how you see the world or the people in your life. Or reveal a detail about what you really want in life but hadn't been paying attention to before, shit like that. They don't magically turn you into an ascended all knowing Buddha that the spergs on this site tend to get their jimmies so rustled about whenever psychedelics are brought up for whatever reason.
>>
Friendly reminder: You can buy several unscheduled psychedelics legally online. AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, 1P-LSD, 4-aco-DMT and many more are all in a legal grey area. You'd be a fool not to take advantage of this opportunity.
>>
File: 1448596885793.jpg (184 KB, 1500x1465) Image search: [Google]
1448596885793.jpg
184 KB, 1500x1465
>>26609617
>Bad acid
There's a lot that people mean by this. Do you mean mislabeled compounds? Or ergine adulterated material? FWIW ergine/ergotamine adulterated substance is almost always what you get, it just depends to what degree, and you can usually tell to what extent by how much muscular tension you get.

Just grow psicubes, B+ can survive in mold ridden basements. If your environment's mostly clean you can hit up ecuadorians or some such thing. Tends to be cheaper and less of a labor investment than growing cannabis.
>>
>>26609587
>>26609280
Thanks, I don't know if I ever will trip (not OP) but yeah, good to know
>>
>>26609657
The psychosis will only last as long as the drug is active in your system unless you already have issues like schizophrenia.
>>
I had a bad trip and it left me depressed for about a year
>>
File: Benehu.png (347 KB, 4389x6366) Image search: [Google]
Benehu.png
347 KB, 4389x6366
>>26609695
My grey market dealer shut down a few months back, I've been sitting on my stash like it's the last shit on earth.

>>26609665
^That. Bigtime. I feel like psychedelics and the religious experience are like a Venn diagram in which only the smallest portions can be said to overlap. Peak breakthrough on DMT is no substitute for years of doing yoga, and by the same token, yoga's no substitute for the psychedelic phenomena. Both should be more or less compartmentalized unless you're really experienced with both.

>>26609657
I'm not exactly certain to what extent I'd agree with this. Don't be in crisis. There's a lot of like existential healing that can be done with the right guidance from experienced users.

>>26609788
Fucking edited out chunks of my comment, 24 hours of fasting. Have a clear digestive track; it'll help with some of the nausea some folks report with some compounds, and should limit weird bodyfeels.
>>
>>26609587
>Don't trust super fluffy blogs that ramble about calcified pineal glands.
Only DMTers seem to get stuck on this consistently
>I've listed to just about everything he's said that's public, more than once.
Same, just about
I'm kinda bad about fasting, I can do 6 hours but that's about it. I honestly don't mind throwing up though, most of the time

Yeah public is super sketch, I'd only go with a sitter probably. Except
>parks
Easiest place to trip in public, if you find a good one
I tubed down a river on an eigth of shrooms, it was pretty cool
>>
File: 1407936587780.jpg (81 KB, 500x701) Image search: [Google]
1407936587780.jpg
81 KB, 500x701
>>26609913
Well of course parks are great because if you're in a decent one you can hike out to where you're the only folks for a few dozen miles.
>>
>>26604352
I took acid for the first time a week ago
I have bpd
I just laughed my ass off for 6 hours or so
literally didnt stop for 1 minute
it was fun you should try it sometime
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.