[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/rev/ - Revision and Study General. "its almost new"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1455836426462.png (508 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1455836426462.png
508 KB, 1200x600
/rev/ - Revision and Study General.

"its almost new" edition.

Essentially this is a place for robots to come and collaborate in studying. I think it reinforces a positive motivation for some bots in uni or other schooling whereby they don't have many (or any) friends to help them - this is a place where you can come.

Don't have any permanent rules yet since this general is in its infancy, but to quote an anon, here's the idea.

>Even just showing people that you've tidied your desk, or showing some maths, or an essay, or a drawing and have people tell you well done.
>All just comfy working, people asking questions about others work, and asking for help.
>Lots of pictures, lots of encouragement

let's see that study work, /r9k/!
>>
I like the idea of this thread. May come back later before I get down to working on my stuff.
>>
>>26601945
Just trying to help others out, whilst doing work myself.

Other people gather with friends in the library to study, but for that you need friends and a library.
>>
fuck off, I don't want a thread full of future burnouts with superiority complexes. Higher education produces a work force, remember that. Qualifications prove that you are dedicated rather than intelligent.
>>
>>26602659
This thread is for /comfy/ posters only.
Your post ironically highlights your own superiority complex, family.
>>
Fuck right off and do your homework, retard
>>
>>26602659
But intelligent people know that to get a good job you need qualifications.
>>
>>26602891

No, I can accept that I am a reprobate. Revision is for mongo phaggots
>>
>>26601905
I would love to help out, but I left uni since they didn't want me killing myself there, I have 0 intelligence to help u pham
>>
>>26602915
I'm not doing homework, I'm learning physics because it's fun.

Here's a picture of some pokemon cards i just put in a frame

Thought i'd make my revision area more relaxing and interesting
>>
File: pokemoncardsframe.png (414 KB, 609x392) Image search: [Google]
pokemoncardsframe.png
414 KB, 609x392
>>26602915
>>26603105
forgot pic
original comment senpai
>>
>tfw 2 weeks into first ever job and already regret not doing a masters degree straight after uni

Who here /likesmathsbutisn'ttalented/?

Fuck trig.
>>
>>26602938

Everyone has heard that and it is not necessarily true. Especially with industrial apprenticeships and shit considered how saturdated degrees are these days. Degrees are not what they once were and most people will take that route purely for the status that is attached to a degree. Anyone can get a degree and no qualification requires any inherent ability.

Unless you are going to university purely to secure a job in a field that you love, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>26603147
What job and what degree did you do?

I struggled at my first job, but it didn't take long to catch up with those that had been working there for years.
>>
>>26601905
>looking for some java profesors in my area since the last one took the money and cut contact
>everyone is too far away
>going to have an hour commute at least
>>
>>26603189
I work in the risk department of a retail bank and my degree was in econ. I don't really dislike the job so far but it isn't very intellectually challenging at all. Half tempted to do a masters degree at the Open University desu because I've forgotten how to have fun in my free time.
>>
File: deskniceandclean.png (790 KB, 1014x565) Image search: [Google]
deskniceandclean.png
790 KB, 1014x565
>>26603213
That sucks man. I've never done anything above intermediate level java. Are there books or resources that you can use instead? Or to cut down on some of the lessons you'd have to take?
>>
>>26603301
Do open university degrees have any value to them?

The only thing I've heard about open university is Sheldon and Lenerd from TBBT subtly mock Penny for wanting to go to open university.
It also costs about 70% of what a normal university costs. In the UK at least, so I'm unsure whether to enrol in one
>>
>>26603309
well at least i live in a city big enough that i can pretty much afford classers of anything i want for really cheap so i should be happy
my head is killing me right now because i slept way too much, i really need to spend some time outside but im too poor
>>
>>26603392
>Do open university degrees have any value to them?
In my experience most employers do not give a single shit which university you got your degree from, aside from companies that recruit exclusively from Oxford & Cambridge and snobby startup companies.

>It also costs about 70% of what a normal university costs. In the UK at least, so I'm unsure whether to enrol in one
That's whats putting me off at the moment. At least you don't have to pay to live away from home though.
>>
>>26603439
I like to walk around at night, wearing just a t-shirt, getting as cold as possible whilst still feeling warm inside. It always make me feel better, and gets rid of any headaches or minor illnesses instantly
>>
>>26603490
That's true.
But in the UK you can get the government to pay for you to go and live at university, with you signing contracts that you'll pay them back slowly over 50 years.
Debt that doesn't effect credit rating, and which doesn't start until you earn a minimum amount seems a lot more enticing than a large lump sum.

I wonder if a portfolio of work that I've done would suffice to some extent in replace of a degree? I intend to eventually know a lot more than those with the qualifications anyway
>>
>>26603493
how cute
i abuse painkillers and crap food instead
>>
>>26603561
>Debt that doesn't effect credit rating, and which doesn't start until you earn a minimum amount seems a lot more enticing than a large lump sum.
You can get a loan for the OU though.

>I wonder if a portfolio of work that I've done would suffice to some extent in replace of a degree? I intend to eventually know a lot more than those with the qualifications anyway

Maybe? Depends on the career path. Programming/accounting/art/CompSci shit, probably/yes. Lots of entry-level 'professional' jobs these days outright require a degree though.
>>
>>26603821
What painkillers do you take?
I found ketamine to be so comfy, i wish it was safe to do all day everyday. Completely numbs tfwnogf
>>
>>26603895
just ibuprofen
but you know, im actually in pain when i take it
>>
>>26601905
OP of the first /rev/ thread here.

awesome to see this catch on.

who knows, maybe this might become as big as the larger /r9k/ generals like /britfeel/.
>>
>>26605217
I hope so.
It'll take a while for people to know what the thread is for, so they don't ignore whilst scrolling
I'm excited for its future
>>
File: dracula-bram.jpg (18 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
dracula-bram.jpg
18 KB, 630x420
>>26601905
physics bra here. that image is pretty faggy desu although i support the idea.
>>
>>26606721
The picture was made by this guy >>26605217
I like it, although I might download PS and add a little to it

I'll be making the thread everyday that I do revision, it's been helping me get started with work. It'll be nice for you to join in the future, we can do physics together :3
>>
>>26603213
Shit, Java is something you can definitely be taught by someone remotely, and you're far more likely to get a higher quality teacher that way too, using Skype etc.

Any reason you want one in person? Hell, I could do it if I wasn't already doing 50hr weeks and freelance on the side.
>>
>>26601905

I endorse this thread

>>26607950
>>
pls let this general be a thing
>>
>>26607157
>any reason you want them in person
I'm more comfortable this way really plus I don't get to be such a piece of shit
Plus it's really cheap
>>
>>26601905
does anyone have any good suggestions for music composition and arrangement, I can't seem to find much.
>>
Good thread idea OP. We should have an entire board for this.
(I think /edu/ is better than /rev/ though)
>>
>>26601905

Just going to bed, But I am determined to have a productive day tomorrow, so I will make the thread again if it falls off the catalog.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.