[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you get a hobby? It might take your mind off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1455853343084.jpg (142 KB, 732x1100) Image search: [Google]
1455853343084.jpg
142 KB, 732x1100
Why don't you get a hobby?

It might take your mind off of how shitty life is.
>>
>>26600969
Don't listen to this advice

It doesn't help. You'll still be just as miserable
>>
>>26600991
I'm not giving advice, I'm just asking a question. Why? It didn't work for you?
>>
File: 1454749993245.png (328 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
1454749993245.png
328 KB, 800x778
>>26600969
>play games all day
>life only gets shittier
Sound advice
>>
>>26601012
I used to like video games, now they give me no pleasure
I tried watching anime, it's boring
I tried drawing, I'd rather do other things
I tried programming, it was meh
I've heard heroine is a good hobby
>>
>>26601061
Playing video games isn't a hobby, it's entertainment. It would be a hobby only if you were creating video games.
>>
>>26601104
>an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
From how retarded this thread was I deduced OP had no fucking idea what a hobby was to begin with

I was proven correct
>>
>>26600969
because everything is boring, most of the time
>>
>>26600969
woodworking, photography, guitar, welding, hiking, running... going to take up tree climbing. none of it helps for very long, especially if you're doing it alone.

that whole "improve yourself before you try to find friends/girl friends" just doesn't work. you just spend a shit ton of money and don't get what you really need/want out of life.
>>
>>26600969

That girl is so qt, I want to nibble her collar bones.
>>
>what you really need/want out of life
I know no one will likely consider this post or even read it but I have to say, its really just satisfaction.
You go for a hard days work despite being tired, you put in some time and admire the fruits of your efforts, you feel people understand and appreciate who you are.
If anyone does these, how can they not feel satisfied?
If satisfied, how can you not be happy?
Sure, there will still be crazy dreams you'll have and whatnot. Like making catgirls real, transporting yourself to another world with god powers, etc. But thats not real. Even then, even in a fantasy, you need satisfaction to continue living.
In short, anything will do. The only reason you're not satisfied right now is because you didn't give your real best yet.
Its like those poor people in india who have almost nothing and live in ramshackle conditions who are happier than you and have wives and shit.
They have to put in a lot of effort just to live.
>>
>>26604324
i feel like you were responding to me since you quoted me so...

>its really just satisfaction.
yes i am "satisfied" when i accomplish something with one of my hobbies, but with no one to share it with it's such a fleeting feeling. it's gone almost right away.

>you feel people understand and appreciate who you are.
except i dont. i don't have friends or anyone that understands or appreciates me.

>Sure, there will still be crazy dreams you'll have and whatnot.
my crazy dream is not being so alone all the time. it's unobtainable because i'm a social retard and no one wants to hang out with me despite me trying to get into cool hobbies, or ones i think are cool anyways.

> The only reason you're not satisfied right now is because you didn't give your real best yet.
fuck you

>Its like those poor people in india who have almost nothing and live in ramshackle conditions who are happier than you and have wives and shit.
those happy poor people have other people to share their lives with. i don't.
>>
>>26601075
So you've tried the typical manchild "hobbies", how about trying a real one now instead?
>>
>>26600969
What's a good hobby?
>>
>all the retards ITT

If you're really fucking trenched in life and directionless, you don't want to take up woodworking or photography or pedestrian shit like that- that all just serves justify your misery.

You need something more visceral, something that ACTUALLY TAKES YOUR MIND OFF SHIT. Primal energy-expending survival type stuff, but not limited to solely that; it must be a manifestation of it, however. For example, shooting guns, playing drums, skydiving, etc. etc.

Despite how plebeian Fight Club is, aside from its blatant nihilistic musings, it did stress the importance of primal urges correctly.
>>
Hobby implies motivation to do anything. My only hobbies are lying on a bed after day of wagekeking and shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>26600000
You have been muted for 2 seconds, because your comment was too low in content (0.00% content).
I fucked your mother!
>>
because poorfag
>>
I can't decide on one without thinkimg "will i be able to support myself with this? more importantly, will this get me laid?"

The answer is always no.
>>
>>26604511
ebin post, have an upvote for making such an ebin post
>>
>>26604882
No irony intended, those hobbies with the possible exclusion of drawing based on what you're drawing are the lowest of the low on the tiers of hobbies and they breed manchildren.
>>
>>26604952
i've tried so many things and i cannot derive pleasure from any of them. i force myself to work, lift, hunt, cook almost every meal, and be frugal because i *hope* some day down the road i will be thankful i did so.

but like that other anon i simply *CAN NOT* derive pleasure or enjoyment from any of those

>learn an instrument
nope, i can't even enjoy listening to music, i sit in silence while i drive and work

>read
if it's nonfiction and useful information sure, but that's not so much of a hobby

>travel
i've done it. i work for a travel agency, i've gone on 2 paid vacations. ultimately doing so alone with no gf made me feel like shit (everything is geared towards travelling with a gf or family) so i just lift and tan now when i have paid vacations

>learn a new language
that i would never use? i took 3 years of spanish and i haven't used a spanish word for years and that was at a mexican restaurant

>go skydiving/jet skiing/[insert action activity]
done that shit, don't even get an endorphin rush unless there's actual, legitimate danger and i'm not going to risk my life for some stupid shit like that.

>sports
i lift 5x a week

>kill yourself
don't worry, i probably will
>>
>>26605811
>on't even get an endorphin rush unless there's actual, legitimate danger
Try a martial art/boxing. There's nothing like the excitement before a sparring session.

>i've tried so many things and i cannot derive pleasure from any of them.
You wont derive any pleasure from anything unless you have a girlfriend. That's ultimately more important than some gay hobbies.
>>
>>26606556
>Try a martial art/boxing. There's nothing like the excitement before a sparring session.
eh, i did wrestling for 3 years. lifting keeps me in better shape, i need more mass. any other exercise that tires me out and is not lifting heavy ass weights is counterproductive

>You wont derive any pleasure from anything unless you have a girlfriend. That's ultimately more important than some gay hobbies.
tha fuck?

>you can't get a gf because you're sad/boring since you have no hobbies
>you can't be happy/fun/exciting without already having a gf

FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
>Why don't you get a hobby?
I do.
Is this a sad excuse for a hobby general?

>It might take your mind off of how shitty life is.
My life is not shitty, well at least I think so, and partially because I do find fulfillment in my hobby, but still.
>>
>>26606614
Latter part is a joke, calm down
>>
>>26603594
Hiking and running are both free.
What are you talking about taking a shit ton of money.

Most of my gear I do use for hiking was ether free, super cheap, or home made. But you don't need money to try it out to see if you like it and want to commit.

Running only needs the right shoes.
>>
Most of the people in this thread just sound depressed.

No hobbies will not fix depression, unless maybe it is exercise or something (look it up).
But for many people hobbies do improve ones life, because it is literally finding something one likes to do, then doing when there is free time for it. Doing things one finds enjoyable makes life more enjoyable, who would have though.
>>
Nothing interests me. The only "hobby" I have (playing violin) frustrates me because I'm terrible and my hands will never produce anything of worth.
>>
>>26606771
the other 5 don't sound free.

and running gets expensive when you decide you don't want to run with chafed nippes/thighs/armpits. or if you decide you want to race every once in a while.

anyways you missed the point.
>>
>>26600969
She looks like a cuter, whiter version of a girl that might've been into me at one point. Fuck dat feel man.
>>
My hobbies are reading, writing, shitposting, playing guitar, and playing bass. They do well enough to distract me from all the unhappiness, but they can't banish it entirely.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.