[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to live a happy and successful life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 469343_o0316.jpg (98 KB, 1156x725) Image search: [Google]
469343_o0316.jpg
98 KB, 1156x725
What is the best way to live a happy and successful life?
>>
Knowing the Truth and living your way.
>>
>>26599299
Instead of doing what you love, love what you do.
To be successful in life, it means dedication. Find something you're good at, even if it's math or something boring. You don't have to be better than other people. It just has to be something you feel like you're better at than anything else. Then you get better at it, not because you have to, but because you legitimately want to.

Real life isn't like school, anon. Once you go out into the real world, you can stretch out and explore your field while getting paid for it. Embrace it, anon. Yes you can!
>>
>>26599299

Being born attractive.

Being tall.

Lots of money.

If you have one or more of these you will have a great life
>>
>>26599407
This, everything else is bullshit
>>
Dedicating yourself to goals and progress.

The only sort of psychology that really deeply spoke to me was Flow psychology. The idea that if life was broken down to it's absolute simplest. A chaotic mind without purpose is unhappiness and a focussed mind that working towards and seeing and feeling even small success is happiness.

I'd already got that idea from /fit/ and weightlifting and I always complained my unhappiness was because I didn't know what to do with my life or things I wanted to be passionate about where closed to me but before I read the book Flow I didn't appreciate what a simple and immediately effective truth it is. I do lots of little things now just to get in the zone for a few minutes and get my mind back for a while.

Physical exercise and focussed mind.

Freud said 'Work and Love'. If you get those nailed your pretty set.
>>
redefine success in your own terms
realize that "happy" is a relative term, often unachievable

read the Tao
live the Tao
>>
>>26599468
Oh, I'll give you somethin' you can bow a kao Tao to
When I squat down and squeeze out a Tao of poo on Lao Tsu
You need to take control of the life you're given
Call me Ubermensch cause I'm so driven
>>
your flow is very weak, son

By remote, he calls in the meat wagon
Braggin' MCees packed in with their feet draggin
>>
>>26599299
Learn to be happy unconditionally. Learn to be happy with not being happy. Understand that success is not about doing much, but doing the best you can do. Your success should be moral success. It doesn't matter if you didn't do shit if it's not your fault. Just do your job.
>>
>>26599299
This is the secret, to the best possible life
Stop giving a fuck, let your life roll on its own
>>
just bee yourself, bro ;-)
>>
>>26599707
Ok I will just stay in and play video games then
>>
>>26599815
Honestly, the greatest time of my life was when I worked as a custodian for 15 hours a week.
>slept for 4 hours
>got started at 4:30
>done by 7:30
>slept for another 4 hours
>had 11 hours dedicated to vidya and fanfiction
>>
>>26599299
Just stay away from normies and everything will be fine, they cause only problems
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.