[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /skates to escape reality/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: 1455898146830.jpg (113 KB, 500x298) Image search: [Google]
1455898146830.jpg
113 KB, 500x298
Who /skates to escape reality/ here?
>>
>Skating later than 16 years old
Grow up faggot
>>
>>26598968
I always wanted to skate growing up but I felt like people were either going to assume I was doing it to "be like the boys" and to get attention or because i was gay so
no
>>
File: image_6.jpg (99 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
99 KB, 720x1280
t>>26599004
This tbqh

At this point I just find skaters to be faggots if they're my age or older.
>>
I do inline skating, do I count?
>>
>26598980
>implying I'm not a qt 13 underage b&

>>26599004
>>26599050
I mean, it's not like you can't start right now, so what if you become a faggot

>>26599052
Yeah I guess
>>
>>26598968
I did. But I'm mediocre meaning I can ollie and do stairs and some ramps at the park. So whenever I went to the park I would get depressed seeing all the people better than me.
>>
File: 1455211233944.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1455211233944.gif
1 MB, 300x200
I have a board but can't do any tricks and I'm afraid of being made fun of for going outside to skate
>>
File: Kidsfilm.jpg (261 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kidsfilm.jpg
261 KB, 1600x1200
>>26598980
>tfw never got to grow up in the 90s belonging to a skateboarding crew of other misfits
>>
I did for awhile jbut gave up cause I could barely Ollie. It's embarrassing when I'm outside because I'm 20 now so I just feel like a faggot even tho it's fun
>>
>>26599866
>>26600154
>>26600537

Senpaitachi, literally everyone started like that, stop giving up at things, if you don't even try then you'll really never accomplish anything
>>
No, but I drive
>>
yeah i skated when i was 10-16
but now i go train with a soccer ball

juggling to 1000 is my escape from reality
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
Who longboard with leds here? I live in city full of hipsters so gotta adapt. Also cars aren't allowed in the city.
>>
Have skatobordo. Don't skate much anymore. Feel too self conscious when I'm skating.
Used to be pretty good. Now only skate rat quality.

>no longer recognised as legit.
>not even sure I want to be
>can't win
>>
>>26601288
edit: i still do skateboard to class
i commute to school and there is a small (mostly liberal) population of ~5800 so lots of people do it and i am not just "that guy" who skates to class
>>
>>26598968
Whatever you say you artsy faggot

We all know you are just saying that as an excuse for your degeneracy
>>
Who else was a poser? I'd be ashamed if I wasn't 12 years old at the time
>>
>>26598968
>>26600154
>>26600537
>>26601288
>>26601288
>>26601288
>>26601446
>>26601505
>>26601531

Mods are going to have a field day banning all you kids. Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>26602385
>t. 300lb hambeast who cant stand on a board without breaking it
>>
>>26602396
REE MOOOOOOOOOOODDDDS
>>
>>26602442
Maybe if you put down the fork for 5 minutes you'd be able to skate too, anon
>>
>>26602463
I hope you die along with your stupid thread. Page 5 now
>>
Sk8rs are 2nd worst to cyclists. Fuck off.
>>
>>26602782
>>26602807
I'm serious anon, if you lose some weight and tried it out once you weren't 300lbs anymore you might enjoy it
Also for hoping I die, you'll be dying at 27 from heart disease if you don't lose some weight
>>
my nigga! yes 27 year old, been skating for 7 years
>>
>>26603004
How do I into giting gud?
I just built a board and I don't really have anywhere to skate because winter so I'm at the very starter level
>>
>>26603054
u git gud by falling in your ass a lot of times and just having fun, but I started young and got on the board 2 years ago.
>>
wish it was as easy to just go outside and snowboard as it is to skateboard
i got a freebord last year, but i'm still trash at it despite having 8 years of experience snowboarding
>>
I hugged a semi pro skater once.

It was nice
>>
>just got into a car accident
>permanent damage to my leg
>i'll never be able to hop onto my board and fly down 10-sets again

fuck you and fuck this thread i hate you all.
>>
i want to skate but im 28 and afraid that i would look retarded
>>
>>26599004
They probably would at first.
But that changes. I knew a girl who used to hang around skaters, she was the kind that didn't have interest at all but liked to hang out. She was accepted pretty quickly. They did call her mom sarcastically when she complained about them starting to do Parkour and making 6 meter drops and such.

Nobody got hurt I was considered a good guy to ask for opinions and I expressed confidence in their abilities. They weren't reckless or anything. They had clearly practiced their falling and stuff. Pretty cool group. She always felt like she belonged even though she wasn't all that active, just an observer like me.

It did make the nerds hate me tho. Because I wasn't one of them anymore. It's pretty annoying how some people can be so tribal for no reason.
>>
>>26603343
Nah man, there's people out there older than you who skate
>>
>>26598968
I can't skate
>>
>>26604943
You can always learn
>>
>>26600477
I did, it was fun as hell. That was probably some of my favorite years of being alive. I wish I still had the shit we filmed back then.
>>
I gotta uncle who's around 50. Big guy too. He long boards to work when his car is in the shop or otherwise unavailable. No tricks, he just goes from a to b on some double drop board.

Zero fucks given and he has fun. Don't let age stop ya.
>>
I used to skate back when I was 15. I enjoyed it and it was a decent way to escape. Then I fucked up my knee and got out of it. Now I'm too old to skate anymore and my body probably can't keep up. Life sucks.
>>
>>26603719
I was friends with sk8rs and parkour kids most of my teenage life. Sk8rs are thirsty af and the girls who hang out with them just "to watch" creeped me out and felt thirsty too.

The only sk8r kids I could tolerate were the ones I was in a band with. I still thought they were painfully pleb. Aside from that one dude who legit got high with me and sang throughout Moulin Rouge with me in emotional synch.

He is surprisingly not gay, he's actually very straight (I should know). He was really comfy with being into Moulin Rouge and that was really qt.

All in all, skating was never something I admired, in fact, one could say I have some serious prejudice against sk8r boys.

I miss the times when I used to hang out with good looking weebs who did rugby.
>>
I'm 25, from like 11 to 19 I skated every day. I would not trade those memories for anything. Just me and a group of kids from school would be out skating the city every day after school getting in to trouble and making each other laugh. Pretty much the only enjoyable time of my life. I was decent, was really good at flatground but couldn't do anything bigger than a 5 stair.
>>
>>26605222

Dude in the late 90's early 00's skaters got more girls than the jocks on the football team. It's not like that anymore though once skateboarding got really big.
>>
>You now remember Rodney Mullen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJqNYO3rFTA
>>
24. Skating since I was 5. Used to do competitions and shit when I was a kid. These days I ride a double kick and a mini cruiser both with longboard wheels, mostly along paths while I listen to music. It's a nice escape. Also used to do downhill skating/longboarding/slalom.

For people wanting to get into skating, don't jump straight into trying flip-tricks. Whatever type of skating, just roll around, ride around, do tic-tacs, carve, push, get comfortable going fast, whatever etc. If just riding the board isn't satisfying and you are skating for some trick-achievement you'll probably just quit after you learn whatever trick you've set as the last boss of skating anyway (often tre-flip for street, slides in several directions for longboarding). Rigid, robotic fuckers who don't have the basics are disgusting to watch anyway.
>>
>>26601212
I've been skating for ~10 years. I've gotten as good as I can.
>>
fuck off normalfagg
>>
>>26607208
Fuck off hamplanet
>>
>>26598980

What do you do with your life? Shitpost on /r9k/?
>>
Just turned 25 and I love skating in the summer (winters are too harsh here). Nothing better then being outside by yourself basking in the sun and landing a nice buttery kickflip.
>>
>>26607499
>tfw skating for ~10 years and still can't land a kickflip
>>
I find cruising pretty relaxing,good to escape from reality.
>>
skateboarded my entire life

can do pretty much every regular trick

my switch / nollie is bad

biggest i have ollied/back 180'd was a a big ten(12 i guess)

rolled/fractured ankle right now

people said i was 'good' but my depression/self doubt just made me work harder and harder and it was no longer satisfying, then i hurt myself.

don't know when i will be able to sk4brd again and i hate life right now. i am 24.
>>
>>26603054
start off with simple stuff and build your way up from there.
for example, start off learning ollies, then shuv its, maybe dropping in and some stalls etc.
once you get started you should really start to enjoy yourself and want to carry on progressing
>>
>>26603287
dude that must be one of the worst feelings ever. i dread ever having an injury like that that would stop me skating or inhibit me in some way. ive fucked my ankle a few times making it impossible to skate for a few weeks at a time but nothing anywhere near as bad as what youve experienced
>>
>>26603343
one of the things about skating is that you have to realise that you can start at any age and in any shape (mostly)
it doesnt matter how old you are or what size/shape you are. theres a guy thats fat af that skates at one of my regular spots and he rips, its amazing how he does it
>>
>>26606776
this. listen to this guy
>>
>>26603343
You won't look retarded friend. Anyone can do it.
If you are just interested in cruising I recommend some form of longboard but that's just my personal preference.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.