[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get over the fact that this all is probably a simulation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: soolmaaN.png (4 KB, 251x253) Image search: [Google]
soolmaaN.png
4 KB, 251x253
How do you get over the fact that this all is probably a simulation and that the beings outside of it, in the 'real world', are able to manipulate everything around you and influence you, for some kind of unknown purpose?

i'm already on anti-psychotics
>>
File: large.jpg (118 KB, 592x333) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
118 KB, 592x333
>>26598768
That's not exactly how it works.
This simulation has a purpose, individually we're insignificant and so are our problems. What's going on is that a type 3 civilizations is making a simulation of what it'd be like to colonize our planet and how we long it'd take us to colonize others. Once it's over they'll do it in real time and we'll experience this allover again unless they change some things around.
The simulation that is taking place is doing so in the future, meaning that the planet we're on isn't even habitable in real time.
>>
>>26598768
I try and forget about it
>>
>>26598918
>individually we are insignificant
Then how do you explain the fact that i am only experiencing my own reality, and not others'?

It sounds egotistical as fuck, but there has to be something special about this reality i'm experiencing; or theres something that's going to happen to me. I'm always nervous about what that certain thing is.
>>
>>26598918
I think we're pretty significant on some level, we all experience many similar moments in our lives and its not what makes us who we are but how we were created into existence.
>>
>>26599041
Maybe you've got a point. Perhaps it's that they collect the information we gather, it's probably not a hassle for them to go through the data that we collect individually.
>>
Here's a scary thought. It's all real.
>>
>>26599183
I don't know why It bothers OP so much, It doesn't make much of a difference weather it is or isn't real. As far as i can tell.
>>
>>26598768

Pretty fucking lame simulation then isn't it, maybe the universe is just a shit game like the Sims that nobody on the higher plane of existence plays anymore
>>
>>26599209
I just can't get it out of my mind, is the problem. Can't stop thinking about it.

Whenever it crosses my mind i start going on and on about it in my mind and it kind of blocks me from interacting with other people. The answer isn't the problem, it's the fact that i can't let go of the question.

>>26599183
Sure that's possible, but it PROBABLY isn't.
>>
>>26599246

>OP of our universe got depressed and killed himself before turning off his computer

What a horrifying though
>>
The universe is real, but there is a universe outside our universe. Inside that outer universe there are beings that need our energy. They created black holes, for the sole purpose of collecting all that concentrated energy.
>>
File: boxes of perception.png (669 KB, 972x4104) Image search: [Google]
boxes of perception.png
669 KB, 972x4104
>>26598768
Have you seen World on a Wire?
Because it's a great movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvlQ8TQsmQA
>>
>>26599352
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
The fakest thing about this life is people and their personalities (plus some of the food we eat). Life is all too real and i think the truth is that we waste it by conforming to the hivemind.
>>
I don't believe anything is real, not even the world our world is inside of. I think it's turtles all the way down and up and sideways and if you zoom in microscopically it's all turtles too. Turtles being worlds
>>
>>26599352
cool thought desu senpai

>>26599402
i'll watcheroonie it
>>
>>26599268

I'll fucking bet that's the case, this universe was just god trying to start at bait thread, but it's been stickied even though god doesn't even check
>>
>>26599429
Wrong thread, edgelord.
>>
File: Scale of the universe.jpg (1 MB, 3850x1925) Image search: [Google]
Scale of the universe.jpg
1 MB, 3850x1925
>>26599145
>we're pretty significant
>>
>>26599459
What? We're talking about the world being a simulation here
>>
>>26598768
Why would the beings in the real world give a shit about you when there are 7 billion other people, most of whom are more interesting?
>>
>>26599429
Do I have a fact backing up the idea that beings from another universe created blackholes to suck up our energy. No, I do not have a fact backing that up :P
>>
>>26599486
And you're talking about how people and their personalities are fake, and about conformity.

Boo, anon, boo.
>>
>>26599547
Yeah. My point being that those would be the few observable things that would bring you think that we are in a simulation
>>
>>26599431
Are you still in high school? This is an 18+ board.
>>
>>26599536
Because i'm experiencing my own life and not others'.

>>26599576
>people fake stuff
>therefore the world is fake
'no'
>>
>>26599592
I'm probably older than you
>>
File: 1455489131082.png (212 KB, 466x341) Image search: [Google]
1455489131082.png
212 KB, 466x341
>>26598768
I have a harder time coping with the idea that the world around me is nothing but matter and waves, which are interpreted by my brain to mean things. There is no such thing as sound, color, or /r9k/. It's all made up in our minds.
>>
>>26599603
Alright let's say that part is an experiment and leave it at that
>>
>>26599536
They're simulations just like him, i think that's what concerns him. Think of it this way: imagine you were the background character in someones dream and suddenly without that persons knowledge you gain consciousness, out of nowhere. You're just wondering about through nonsense clumsily tying to play the part of what you were created to be, but it's harder to do it when you're conscious of it. Whenever you deviate from what is prewritten, it all accommodates so that you're back to where you're supposed to be. I think that's what He's concerned with, his uninvolvement and lack of control.
>>
/watch?v=7KcPNiworbo
>>
>>26598768
It probably is like that but a computer program instead
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.