[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on suicide hotlines. Are they traps to get people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: NSPILogo_lg.jpg (42 KB, 260x317) Image search: [Google]
NSPILogo_lg.jpg
42 KB, 260x317
Redpill me on suicide hotlines.

Are they traps to get people sent to involuntary psych holds? Or are they just a normie-tier garbage service that only attention whores use, and where shitty unempathetic "advice" is given?

It just sounds ridiculous to think that a hotline is going to save a life like that, don't only gullible normies fall for this shit?
>>
>>26597755
normie tier senpai. Maybe 1% chance you get someone who can actually understand how you feel. Even if they want to help you, they can never understand and some problems simply cant be fixed. sorry to be depressing senpai. I support you
>>
>>26597755
>Are they traps to get people sent to involuntary psych holds
yes
and worse
>>
Last time I called a suicide hotline, I ended up in a psych ward which I wasn't allowed to leave for nearly 24 hours, all because I told the operator that I had taken several more pills of Lamictal than prescribed.

One of the worst experiences I've ever had, fuck those idiots.
>>
Def a trap.

When I called once they were constantly asking if I'm gona harm myself. I think they had their finger ready on a button to push it to backtrace me and get me v&.
>>
I honestly want to be kept in a psych ward but people have told me it's a terrible idea and that they're awful. Thing is I'm not remotely violent or dangerous per se, I'm just depressive and suicidal to the point I'm struggling to physically function lately
>>
>>26598035
what would be worse than that?
>>
>>26598429
You're the idiot for calling a suicide hotline in the first place.
Plus telling them that you took pills and you expect them NOT to do anything?
Holy fuck. I'd tell you to commit suicide, but you'd probably call them again and tell them you're gonna hang yourself.
>>
>>26597755
That's literally what it's for. "If you're going to kill yourself let us know beforehand so we can call the police and prevent you from killing yourself"
Never call a suicide hotline unless it's a prank call.
>>
>>26598681
>unless it's a prank call

What are you, 14?
>>
They're run by normies who don't understand that some one can legitimately feel so bad they want to die. Normies think it's just a psychotic episodes and you'll get over it in a few hours.
>>
>>26598567
The ward wont save you. You cant have anything with a camers there, including a phone or laptop. No 4chan for the week or so youre in there
>>
Makes me wanna call and Hannibal Lecter the worker into killing themselves.
>>
>>26598648
Kill yourself. There, now we both have demonstrated the same level of maturity.
>>
>>26599545
Not the guy you replied to, but this is a weak response desu familio.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.