[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should you always respect your parents no matter what? In what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 20140711-234651-85611085.jpg (37 KB, 470x356) Image search: [Google]
20140711-234651-85611085.jpg
37 KB, 470x356
Should you always respect your parents no matter what? In what circumstances are you allowed to hate your mother?
>>
>>26597509
Hate or love whatever and whoever you want.

There's no way you "should" feel.
>>
Why should you respect your parents? You didn't choose to be born to them, so it makes no sense.
>>
>>26597509
Nah man. There's definitely valid reasons to hate your mom.
>>
>>26597527
It's not like you were entitled to be born and live a life. You are lucky they had you. You own them your life. Then you owe them who your are, that they raised you. How can you ever reproach them that they didn't raise you well enough, when you're good enough to be aware that you're better than them? It's like a self-refuting argument.

>>26597524
Nihilistic bullshit. Get real. It's all relative in the grand scheme of things, but it still maters. There *is* certain set of rules that you have to respect in order to get by.
>>
This conflicts me too. Like my mom thinks of nothing but herself and just generally acts like a child. Once when I was younger before my parents divorced, she threw herself down a flight of stairs and tried blaming my dad that he pushed her. She's done a slew of other stupid shit like this, but for some reason I'm still supposed to love my mom and just put up with her stupid shit.
>>
>>26597509

"I don't like my mother and it's painful even for me to hear my sister's voice."
-Nietzsche
Learn to be an ubermensch op.
>>
i didn't choose this life, so no.
>>
>>26597509
Your mother brought you into this world,you should hate her for that.
>>
>>26597509
When she kills herself leaving you without answers...
>>
This type or arrogance is sure to be expected,
From men who talk of wisdom with no clue of what respect is.
>>
They're just my parents. Just two persons who happen to have given me birth. There's nothing that makes them special other than a random circumstance, I don't see why you should care unless you particularly love them.
If your life sucks you can't blame them for it but I'm pretty ungrateful about being born.
>>
My mom loves me and shit but I can't seem to "love" her you know. She's not really right in the head, and once I have my own place I probably won't even keep in touch with her that much. My dads pretty chill he's let me get away with so much shit because my mom would never let us here the end of it.
>>
Could you get along with your mum's new boyfriend if your dad died? That's what my problem is. Parents separated 12 years ago and dad died one year later. Mom literally had no social life until recently, but since her parents died too, she's started to get friendly with this fucking disgusting pig neighbour. I'm 100% sure they haven't fucked, but something tells me they want to move in together sometime in the future. In our house or other. I fell like I will murder them if it gets to this. I feel so betrayed and angry and disgusted. I'm shivering when he's in our hous.
>>
>>26597509
"Honor thy father and thy mother"
No one said anything about liking them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.