[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's that book/game/short film/album/cartoon/graphic novel/poem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1439402222215.jpg (53 KB, 497x499) Image search: [Google]
1439402222215.jpg
53 KB, 497x499
How's that book/game/short film/album/cartoon/graphic novel/poem going?
>>
well
i've been thinking about it
>>
Album's coming along, going to release a single in the next couple of weeks and we have a show in April

My stage play is on its 3rd draft, and I'm currently preparing notes for my 4th draft

It's easy. I write really fast but I know it's good. The music is even easier, I have tons of lyrics written and I just wait for the rest of the band to come up with something I can make the lyrics work with

Art's so fucking stupid and easy, anyone can do this shit
I even started making cover art. Drawing is easy too
>>
>>26593585

I'm so fucking jealous of you, you literally have no idea.

I'm the kind of person who wants to be an artist but lacks the skill or talent to make my ideas become real. In other words, a worthless failure.
>>
My editor died on heart attack, so publication will be in march, not now.
>>
It's not. I can only consume media. I don't have the skills/talents or desire to learn them to create.
>>
It's an opera libretto, and it will likely never exist.
>>
>>26593614
is that you, eggy-kun?
>>
>>26593609
Trust me my shit sucks man, it's a huge waste of time.
I was just kidding about it being good.
My songs suck, my play sucks, my drawings suck. I am pathetic, I will never have anyone truly admire my work, I will work shit jobs my whole life and I will die alone.

Do something practical. Please. For fucks sake, give up on art. If anything just consume it. I love watching movies. I want to make movies. All of my work sucks. I can't write a script for anything, let alone finish it. I'm too poor to shoot anything.

I wish I was a dumbass business major or something
I studied theatre for 3 1/2 years and then dropped out
Fuck it all

Anon, trust me, art is a waste of time
>>
>>26593523

I have to become much more skilled in coding and graphic design before I can even start working on my game.

The writing, on the other hand, I'm fairly optimistic about. I've looked into it and I'm fairly certain I can get some of my short stories published. I'll probably even make a buck or two, but the important thing is name recognition and having a publication history so publishers might take a bid for a novel more seriously.
>>
>>26593626
Nope, it's my, poorstein fag from eastern europe.
>>
I haven't worked on it since the last time I did crank
>>
>>26593523

>not realizing that being creative is feeding into what normies want
>ripping out your heart and soul to give normies more media to feed on

Yeah, nah. Creation is a tool of the Jew.
>>
>>26593649

I'm going into IT, but I feel like I'm betraying myself and that I was supposed to be an artist and a writer. I feel like killing myself every day because I'm selling my personal aspirations in exchange for a stable, comfortable, minimalist lifestyle.

The grass is always greener, anon.
>>
>>26593708
Man, listen, please. Being creative, actually creative, isn't possible. There's no such thing as art. It's all entertainment, from deep dark "patrician" films of Hungarian yaks shitting in the 1890s to the Hannah Montana movie. They're all just distractions, designed to keep us chugging along the hell of existence. Different distractions appeal to different people; noise music vs. trap shit, etc.

That said, making things that you personally enjoy is a much better way of living than being part of the machine that creativity feeds. Would you rather be a mindless drone working and watching shitty Quentin Tarantino movies or Tarantino himself? Obv he cares more about money than creating something he enjoyes, but you get the point.

There is nothing less normie than saying fuck you to real jobs and security and instead devoting your life to doing some pointless thing for no reason other than because you want to. It doesn't matter if its art, it doesn't matter if it's drifting around the world, it doesn't matter if it's sitting in a cave alone until you die.

It's still a fuck you to the dumbass faggots who don't have the balls to leave society behind. An even bigger fuck you to those who actually enjoy society.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 276x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 276x200
>>26593523
>be me
>be ideas guy
>Write down fuck loads of movie ideas
>Write down several page long summaries and treatments
>Create 52-page script for a Hotline Miami fan game.
>I have no idea how to write an actual movie script.
>I can even figure out fucking game maker.
>I will never be anymore than a pathetic meme-meister
>All these ideas are wasted

What's the easiest way to commit suicide? I hear helium tanks are popular.
>>
>>26593866
*can't

This comment's lack of originality causes me to be muted for 2 seconds.
>>
>>26593866
cut up bed sheet, tie around neck, hang on doorknob or inbetween door and close, just make sure it doesnt rip
>>
File: Cute ass bird.jpg (165 KB, 1038x1155) Image search: [Google]
Cute ass bird.jpg
165 KB, 1038x1155
Me and a friend are working on a Billion dollar app idea. Stay jelly neetcucks.
>>
File: Game.png (23 KB, 447x302) Image search: [Google]
Game.png
23 KB, 447x302
Its coming along. Procrastinating making the eyes and clothes and the side strafing animation. Whatever though, progress is progress...
>>
>>26593866
Just go here: http://www.screenwriting.info/

Also they have a level editor in HM2 now so you can make your own game in there
>>
>>26593523

launching the second single and in the middle of doing revisions now

trying to keep the sound of the album pretty close to the ep since everyone loved it. it's hard to reel in my ambition to do everything at once but goddamnit i am a professional.
>>
It's going.

I write just because it's something to think about and it's proof that time is still passing. I feel like I'm too detached from people to ever write anything good enough to share with anyone else, but it's nice to have something I hold the control over 100%.
>>
https://clyp.it/vm4045yc

here's something rough
>>
>>26594046
That in itself was writing I enjoyed reading. Poetic and melancholy.
>>
>>26594079
I like this a lot, anon, keep working on it
My friends and I made a fake band that makes fun of normies but we're also really shitty. Ironically we have done more with it than with our real band

Here's our album, it's only 20 minutes and every song is improvised. I think it's kind of funny, would love feedback if any anons care to listen

https://soundcloud.com/mutt-520455195/sets/open-up
>>
damn, op got bars
>>
File: 61313185.gif (2 MB, 319x264) Image search: [Google]
61313185.gif
2 MB, 319x264
Supposed to be teaching myself how to draw. I've got this great idea for a comic but I don't want to bother trying to draw it because my art skills are ass.

I've got tons of ideas. Just thinking about this is painful because I'll probably forget them all. It would take like 2 years to learn dick about art and get OK at it. I just don't have the drive. I can barely force myself to draw once a month. This emptyness I feel is actually soul crushing.

Thanks for that, OP
>>
>>26594844
Are you kidding me man, art is easy.
Step 1: Obtain and install Graphics tablet
Step 2: Open art program and zoom way in. 400% is where I like it.
Step 3: The nice work is all in the detail, if it looks okay when its zoomed in, it looks great when its zoomed out.

And above all else: Refrences. Don't know how to draw an eye? go look in a mirror. Need to draw an anime eye? Go google it. That is literally it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.