[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ambushed at Dinner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 1438977563534.gif (861 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1438977563534.gif
861 KB, 245x200
Tonight I was suddenly Ambushed with a completely unexpected conversation. My mom asked me if I am depressed and thinks I should see someone for it and to help me deal with my ASD. Then she stated talking about how I really need to clean up my room and asking what I think might help me be able to clean it and keep it clean. Then she talked about what my long term goals are and what I plan to do for a career. Se also talked about my lack of friends and how I don't go out with anyone.
All I wanted was food.... Not this difficult conversation.
>>
Your mother has demonstrated that she cares about you and that she worries about your health and lifestyle. You should do as she suggested and see a therapist, they were extremely helpful to me. You should also clean your room.
>>
>>26593442

OP, don't listen to this guy. Therapy is a waste of time. You should clean your room though.
>>
>>26593412
Your mother has demonstrated that she cares about you. Thats more than my mother has ever done. I literally had to get them to take me to a therapist so they wouldn't kick me out. 3 years later, my family hasn't so much as google'd my mental illnesses. They wanted to throw me onto the street instead of helping me.

Just go with it, therapy is okay if you can afford it.
>>
I know I should clean my room, but I have trouble doing it, or at least consistently working on it.

I have never found therapists to be helpful though.
>>
>>26593412
That's allot all at once but she's just showing she cares about you. You can make some changes, you don't gotta go full normie but you might like some changes desu
>>
>>26593412
Although >>26593471 is right about therapy being a waste of time mentally, It gets your parents off your back for a while. Therapy to me seemed like you pay for a friend to talk to.

From,
>>26593509
>>
>>26593565
>Therapy to me seemed like you pay for a friend to talk to.

Basically, but it also ensures that your friend has some experience and practical knowledge instead of just being a random blowhard with generic advice.
>>
>>26593412
>asking what I think might help me be able to clean it and keep it clean.

Ask her for some meth
>>
>>26593565
I guess you do have a point there. And, who know, maybe it could actually help me, but I doubt it.
One thing I do not want though is to be put on anti-depressant meds. I will flat out refuse to be put on those or any other psychiatric meds.
Also, I would like to avoid getting an actual diagnosis of Depression on my medical record.
>>
>you are depressed anon
>go speak about it to some random stranger
>dont tell me
>uh be a man son
>like ew
>>
>>26593632
I went through the process 3 years ago. First time you go in they check if you are depressed though so you probably don't want to go. They specifically ask you multiple times if you are okay taking meds. I took them, they did help a bit but the side effects are REALLY bad.
>>
File: ADHD Meds.jpg (1 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
ADHD Meds.jpg
1 MB, 3456x2592
>>26593612
>>26593612
I don't want to take ADHD meds again.
>>
>>26593632
If you tell them you're not interested in medication they will comply.
>>
I'm Hispanic and my mother is really blunt and just says I'm going crazy and I have problems.
>>
>>26593471
/thread

get off my dick robot
>>
>>26593753
Good, then I feel safer going to see someone. If they had prescribed something though, I wouldn't have taken it.
>>
>>26593412
Don't sweat it OP.
She probably just saw an episode of Ellen or Dr Phil or listened to some podcast that gave her a temporary boost in concern, motivation, etc about your life.
It will pass if you just ignore it.
>>
>>26593816
She did mention during the conversation that there was a program on NPR recently that was about High Functioning Autism and that there was one person they interviewed who has Asperger's who's apartment is always a mess without assistance, but that the person was able to live on their own with some help.
>>
>>26593515
You just need to clean your room once.
And them adopt a lifestyle of touching nothing besides your keyboard.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>26595127
This anon knows the truth.
>>
>>26593632
>I will flat out refuse to be put on those or any other psychiatric meds.

Good. Follow her advice on everything else you mentioned in the OP.
>>
>>26593412
well maybe if you stopped living like a 9yr old and started acting like an adult you wouldnt have to be "ambushed" by these convos.

waaah I just want tendies not responsibilities waaaaaaah!

cant stand loser faggots like you that make a career out of avoiding life.

your mom is x10 more awesome than you'll ever be and she cares about you and your future and you're crying and bawling about tendies and avoiding adulthood. please just kill yourself and make the world 1 person better already you sad pathetic excuse of a human
>>
>>26595892

>wanting responsibility

What a fucking cuck.

>yes dear, I'll go to work and get money as it's a good responsibility, you stay home and fuck other people
>don't worry, I'll do the housework also, it's another responsibility
>one of the bulls knocked you up? Well I sure do love the responsibility of rasing a child
>>
>>26596317
>I want to be a useless child forever
With responsibility comes the fun things of adult life, but you wouldn't understand that you fucking loser.
>>
>>26596338

>fun things
>in adult life

Like what? Working?
>>
>>26596434
Like having dignity and self respect, being secure in your person, having a money pool that is large enough to spend on interests, having regular sex with other consenting adults, being able to live alone, being able to raise a pet or have a family, having the financial freedom to live your life however you want, security of mind knowing that you have health insurance and won't ever be out on the streets, exercising to have a strong body and confidence, more.

Compare that to your current lifestyle where you're just a 20 year old babby who is a burden to everything and everyone around you and your only enjoyment in life is gleaned from hiding in your room like it's a tumblr safe space and indulging in escapist fantasies like video games and anime, avoiding your mommy and daddy for fear that they will finally stop putting up with your shit and confront you about how you don't have a job, hobbies, friends, a girlfriend, plans for the future, or even a clean room, and make you answer for the fact that you literally do nothing all day every day. Note: this lifestyle has an expiration date that ends when your parents kick you out or die and leave you socially anxious with no marketable job skills, forcing you out onto the street where you will get a disease.
>>
>>26596434

Like whores and drugs
>>
>>26596558
>thinking you are responding to the op....
>thinking the op is fully a NEET
LuLz
>>
>>26596601
I didn't think I was responding to OP. I was responding to all of /r9k/ in general.
>>
>>26596629
you realize /r9k/ consists of LOTS of different people. Many of us are not completely NEETS.
>>
>>26596558

>implying regular (or even occasional) sex with othe consenting adults is possible
>implying having a family is possible

RRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Should have guessed you were a normie. I also don't know what those things have to do with responsibility. Have you ever seen the Jeremy Kyle Show? Every other person there is a long term NEET with 6 kids by 5 different women who wants nothing and has nothing to do with any of them. For some, those things are possible, for others, they are not, and vague ideas like responsibility have nothing to do with them.

Furthermore, the only way to get financial freedom to live life how you want if to win the lottery or get a whopping inheritance. It's not really living life how you want when you need to spend it all getting the money from the daily grind at wagecuck central. It's a nice-sounding idea, but ultimately a tad delusional, like spending 3 hours preparing a great big complex meal, and then acting as if the meal just appeared out of thin air, and you didn't need to spend time to make it. You spent 3 hours making that meal, just as that financial independence to live life as you want somes from spending many hours living lfe as you do not ant, so you can use your much-reduced time to actually enjoy yourself.

Faced with that kind of world, why do you act as if the adult world of ever-inceasing rsponsbility, ever decreasing free-time, and the knowledge that this is it for the next few decades until you can retire, is better?
>>
>>26593791
I CAN'T FUCKING FIND IT
>>
>>26596819
>I also don't know what those things have to do with responsibility.
Nobody wants to have sex with you until you prove that you're worth something. If you want to have sex with human trash, like people on "the jeremy kyle show" do, then go ahead with your current life path.
>>
>>26596558
Laughed so hard at this anon

Thanks

You actually somehow made my day better
>>
i have a really clean room and have had a really clean room for quite a few years no
mainly due to my OCD but also having lots of drugs and glass in the room so i know exactly where everything is at all times

uncleanliness drives me crazy now
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.