[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opening the Door for Women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
File: door.jpg (830 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
830 KB, 2000x1000
Do you still do this?
>>
>>26592993

i do this for everyone though
>>
I usually try holding the door open as I walk through it for the people behind me, regardless of gender
>>
I hold the door if someones close. I usually don't do it for women anymore, because I noticed that they never seem to do it for me. Men, everytime. No questions asked.

Have you ever noticed women never hold the door for you? Would they hold it for chad?
>>
It's still common courtesy to do this for anyone, male or female, in the South.
>>
>>26593009
This. I won't ever go out my way to open the door for anyone else, but hold it if someone is right behind me. I don't even look, it's just something most people instinctively do in the city.
>>
Only for old people .
>>
>>26593024
>because I noticed that they never seem to do it for me

True. Most woman are entitled cunts.
>>
Yes, i do.
But why americucks tip?
>>
>>26593024
>Have you ever noticed women never hold the door for you?
they dont even notice when people are behind them

they are generally oblivious to their surrounding, completely uncaring about anything but themselves
>>
>>26592993
No.
Unless someone is behind me.
>>
It's a matter of both power and kindness, a gesture of manliness.

Of course, if you are a cuck, you'll hold the door out of cuckness.
>>
>>26592993
I open doors for myself.
>>
>>26592993
I do this and will probably continue to do so, because I'm stupid
>>
The elderly and people with wheelchairs or crutches are the only ones I consistently get the door for.
>>
File: 1450678200549.png (82 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
1450678200549.png
82 KB, 500x211
>>26592993
Used to, i never let women go first. I'll open the door for myself and with my right or left hand i might hold the door ope behind me.

That's it.
>>
>>26593003

yes, exactly. this.
>>
>>26592993
I just hold the door for 1or 2 secs for anyone directly behind me
>>
>hold door open for guy
"hey thanks bro"
>hold door open for girl
"..."
>don't hold door for guy
"..."
>don't hold door for girl
"what an asshole, guess chivalry's dead"

this has been the results of my experiments on my uni campus
>>
File: 1412846830760.png (304 KB, 1148x1022) Image search: [Google]
1412846830760.png
304 KB, 1148x1022
>mfw slipping through the door just as it closes from someone opening it
>mfw hearing a sigh behind me as someone has to open the door
>mfw especially if its one of those heavy iron ones
>>
>>26592993
Oh fuck no. Open it yourself.
>>
>>26592993
only for the disable, old people and retards
>>
>he has the opportunity to hold doors for other people
Fucking normies ruining this board
>>
>>26593092
I have a different take on it.

Reciprocation is a powerful subconscious drive, if someone does something for us/gives us something we feel compelled to repay them somehow.
This is why waiters leave a mint with your bill, charities send a small gift when asking for a donation.

The act of holding a door is a small gesture and isn't some magic key, but often in reciprocation the gesture returned is of greater value, and even if it isn't a gentleman knows that holding the door is a free and easy way to exploit the concept which can build up over time.
>>
Some things I've noticed:
Usually girls hold doors for me if I'm behind. Even had one awkwardly hold it as I was approaching it 15 feet away. I'll hold it for anyone immediately behind me.

If you ask for a cigarette, smoking women NEVER give. With men it's about 50/50 I guess. I usually don't beg for cigs but if I'm really high I'll sometimes do it.

Women seem to expect me to let them enter the bus first. I never cave in unless she is clearly infront of me. Fuck them, I get first pick on the seats if I can.
>>
>>26593217
Bitch please.
I need to go outside to get food. Not to interact with people.
>>
>>26593024
>>26593164
basically this, senpai

i hold the door if it's convenient enough for me. guys will always thank you for it, roasties will never thank you nor will they open it for you in return
>>
why do you guys hold open door for women?

sorry i just don't understand is that something old people do? sorry about my ignorance i'm 18
>>
Openly for men and nonwhite women. White women NEVER thank you for holding a door open, in fact I don't think white women even say excuse me if they bump into you either. Other races of women do.
>>
>>26593354
white people especially women are literally scum

can't wait until they go extinct in a couple of years
>>
>>26592993

I don't understand the rules we had for men's interactions with women

>hold doors open for women
Or hold the door open for everyone, because it'd be a dick move not to

>stand up when a woman walks in the room
Literally why? Maybe if she were someone important like the First Lady or one of the Supreme Court justices, but they actually did something other than have a vagina.

>help a woman put on/take off her coat
>pull out a woman's chair and push it in for her when she sits
Are women children now? I do this for my 5 year old niece.
>>
If you don't cut women off when driving, you are a cuck.
>>
>>26593454

they're high-class rules. nobody middle-class or below ever acted like this because they had better things to do with their time. high-class people are so alienated from basic struggles that they need shit like that to stay conscious
>>
>>26593228
Women give cigarettes too, atleast to me.
you just need to say the magic words "Hey, you all wonderful people, could I have a cigarette"
works every fucking time.

also, you should be drunk/high when doing this.
>>
>>26593476
This thread is like cuck central. Women are biologically wired to go after men who dont hold doors for them and either cuck or blatantly ignore men who do hold doors for them.
>>
>>26592993
I thought it was just good manners to hold the door open for someone who was walking in behind you?
>>
>>26592993
I hold the door open for people coming in/out the same time I am. Common courtesy.
>>
>>26593354
>>26593395
enough with this anti white shilling, jew fucks
>>
I just usually leave the door open for everyone these days. I also see quite a few people do the same thing as me, regardless who it is.

I guess we just got alot of nice people in town here.
>>
I open the door for everyone if they are <10ft behind me.

I don't understand all this bullshit about the death of chivalry, who gives a shit? You can open your own goddamn door, right? I hold doors open as a courtesy, not a god damned fucking duty.
>>
>>26592993
If a young women is close. A young man or elderly can be a bit further and I'll wait a moment.
>>
>be me
>be in shop
>see woman pushing her baby pram
>decide to be a gentlemen and hold the door open for her
>doorway was really thin so I had to stand against the wall with my arm out
>used my weak left arm
>could barely hold it open without my whole body shaking
>she struggled to get through but thanked me anyway
>knew she was laughing on the inside
>got my shopping and went home and cried
>>
>>26594340
It's true tho, not even white. White women a shit.
>>
File: 1447203109502.jpg (41 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1447203109502.jpg
41 KB, 720x720
>instinctively hold door open behind you
>turn around
>person is far away but has made eye contact with you now
>>
>>26594393
er, not even a jew, rather

fuck drunk i'm you
>>
>>26593003
This. I also don't care if anyone never does it in return.
>>
>>26594416
I do, a person is fucking uncivilized scum if they don't hold doors open for others in return. It's rude as fuck
>>
>>26594395
Simple, move on, don't be that beta fgt waiting for someone to take their sweet time to get to the door while you're holding it open.

My rule is if they're more than ~5 seconds away, just keep walking
>>
>>26592993
I never open or hold doors for anyone anymore, it's a sign of submission, fuck that. Even if there is some faggot walking right behind me he better be ready to hold the door for himself or get slammed in the noggin.
>>
>>26594510
Same. I never say "thank you" or "sorry"
I feel a lot more dominant ever since I made these small changes.
>>
>>26594510
>it's a sign of submission
Do people somehow see an aura of betaness emanating from me whenever they see me? I hold doors open for everyone if they are close behind me or are moving some shit. 9 times out of 10 I have to step to the side when walking on the sidewalk because the three or four faggots walking towards me couldn't alter their path just a little bit or just even have one of them turn sideways. Yesterday I had to step into a ditch to not be overrun by a bunch of elderly women.

fuck, I don't even know anymore
>>
>>26594510
>I never open or hold doors for anyone anymore
This. Why are so many people in this thread submissive cucks?
>>
I do it for everyone, it's just muscle memory.
>>
>>26594574
Yeah, same here unless i am really thanking someone for something he actually did for me, or i say sorry if i really mean it for something i did, none of this automaton be nice to random faggots that probably won't respond in the same way.

>>26594598
Yes you are definitely a major beta bitch if elderly women push you to the ditch. Just walk in a straight line looking through them, they will move unless they want trouble.

>>26594612
I used to be one too but then i realized what i am doing when two women i knew in my uni started acting weird after i opened the door for them once and the next time they fucking RAN in front of me so i won't be able to try it again. I felt so weirded out by whatever the fuck thought process was going on in their heads, i was like fuck this shit and now i only open the door for someone if i want a favor out of him or it's family.
>>
>>26594627
is it also muscle memory when you jack off to your gf being pounded by an alpha man?
>>
File: end is nigh.png (32 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
end is nigh.png
32 KB, 633x758
>>26594722
>Just walk in a straight line looking through them, they will move unless they want trouble.
b-but what if I get in trouble myself for "assaulting" another person?

Now that I think back to my childhood, I used to be an arrogant cunt and people liked me better than they do now. At some point I got so ashamed of my behaviour that I try to take everyone else in mind now and maximize efficiency when doing whatever, be it holding door open for someone for additional 3-4 seconds so that they won't have to pull the door open again or walk a little slower when I see a car coming so that they won't have to stop for me and waste gas to gain momentum again
>>
>>26594792
Yeah society wants you to be a fucking doormat so it can walk over you, main weapons to do that is shame and guilting you into it. Most people just want to do their thing, they will mostly avoid trouble unless they are some thugs looking for it or something.
>>
>two days ago
>go have lunch at some place with a friend
>as we're about to go in the waitress also wants to get out and she's carrying something
>I just open the door and keep it open for her to pass first
>she looks at me like I murdered her mother

why are women such shitheads? it's like they don't know how to be courteous
>>
>>26594819
muh feminism. you're patriarchally oppressing her by opening the door for her
>>
>>26594510
>it's a sign of submission
It's a sign of dominance. That's why men traditionally do it for women. You clearly don't actually know how to be socially dominant, so your go-to method is being a dick.
>>
>>26593066

Boomer enabling faggot.
>>
File: 1441396024804.jpg (93 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
1441396024804.jpg
93 KB, 800x680
>>26594817
>society
Well what the fuck, my insecurities are the main reasons why I have been NEET for 5 years now. My government paid therapist kept telling me to not think so much about everyone else and focus on myself, but meanwhile I am being taught the opposite by society? If I focus on myself in the presence of others I feel like a huge cunt and instead just choose to remain in solitude to not have to deal with that.
>>
yes and its appreciated
they always say thanks
>>
Nope, I used to do it a lot when I was younger and bluepilled
>>
>>26594870
Just like throwing my coat in a puddle of water so women don't get their boots wet is dominant.

>Muh outdated social norm
>>
>>26593284
People are taught as kids "ladies first" and that they need to go out of their way to do stupid shit like pulling out a chair for a woman or opening tge door for them. Remember, women only claim to be equal when it benefits them, otherwise they're helpless victims and oppressed and men need to do everything for them.
>>
>>26594952
>like pulling out a chair for a woman
at least no one actually does this anymore
right
>>
>>26594962
God I hope not. Are women so fucking retarded they need ti be told how/when to sit down?
>>
>>26594937
Taking the initiative to be gracious and not giving them the option to decline is dominant. The coat thing wouldn't work today because they actually can throw that back in your face, but they can't decline the open door without making a fool of themselves in the process, so you come out on top there.
>>
>>26594937
Why the fuck would I throw a $300 (assuming you have a "nice") coat in a puddle so some bitch's boots that cost less won't get wet? That's literally the dumbest fucking shit.
>>
>>26595026
To show how little a $300 coat means to you.
>>
I purposely don't hold it for women in any situation but I will hold it for a man if he is nearby

>tfw you hear the door almost slam shut behind you and the roastie cunt sighs as she heaves it back open
If I could get away with it I'd slam her head in the door a dozen or so times and leave her for the custodian
>>
>>26594874
Boomers aren't even that old. ~65 max.

Old people older than boomers are pretty based.
>>
>>26595048
You'd waste your time and property for zero gain? That's not just being a cuck, it's plain idiotic.
>>
>>26595048
Or because women are too fucking stupid to go around a puddle
>>
>>26594734
What does that have to do with anything? Is it really such a Beta thing to do to hold open a door for not even two seconds?
>>
>>26595005

Women can get away with telling you to get the fuck off the door and at the same time not looking like an idiot due to femenism wks and sjws, but making you one instead for 'trying to act dominant'. They can also use another door.
As for men, there's really zero reason to do it at all unless you personally know them.

>>26595026

It's a really old norm back when women were rightfully suppressed and obedient. I doubt any alphas back then would do it though.
>>
>>26595066
It's not zero gain, it's a to establish reputation, which can be worth a lot more than any coat. Being protective of material possessions is effeminate.
>>
>>26595162
Letting society fuck you over in exchange for "reputation" is also effeminate.
>>
>>26595162
My reputation will stand as the guy who keeps having to buy coats.
>>
>>26592993
you bet I do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_alIOeuktY
>>
>>26595184
You're not getting fucked over, you're choosing to do it because it's nothing to you.

>>26595185
Which is fine, because you can afford it. At least that was the idea.
>>
>>26592993
I don't wait for them but if they're right behind me I will like it was anybody else. It's funny you bring this up because the other night a girl was behind me at the gas station and I didn't hold the door. She asked me why I didn't hold the door I just said "I'm not trying to Fuck you." She left it at that. Just let go robots, fuck being polite anymore because who actually cares about you.
>>
>>26593003
>>26592993
this

you hold the door open if someone is walking towards it

doesnt matter which sex they are
>>
>>26593164
>chivalry is dead

i REALLY wish roasties and cucks would stop it with this meme. next time someone says it i'll challenge em to a joust in england, then they can talk about chivalry all they fuckin like.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.