[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hat shaming, it's fucking stupid.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
"Look at that man, he's wearing a hat, in public no less! Lets all point and laugh at him!"

The mentality behind hat shaming is beyond stupid.
Especially regarding the trilby/fedora.

I've heard people unironically say, "Well, at least I'm self aware!"

Aware of what? That people wear hats? Congrats on your stunning observation.

I understand in our culture we have to villainize something, but does it have to be,

'All people who wear this hat are social outcasts and their opinion is uninformed and preposterous to boot?'
>>
>>26592613
Hats are useful to hide a balding head.

Women can't be having that. Can't be having men with confidence in their image. It has to be taken away from them.
>>
>>26592613
You can't deny the connection between autists and fedoras, mang.

I don't know, it's something about the faux stylishness and a crippled sense of identity that really mixes well.
>>
Actually kill yourself if you think being a literal fedora tipper is okay
>>
>>26592685
Its a fucking hat!
>>
File: pain-gain.jpg (36 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
pain-gain.jpg
36 KB, 333x500
>>26592613
>>26592708
You dumbasses aren't grizzled old men who've seen some shit.
>>
>>26592708
It's like sonic the hedgehog, something about the myth around it attracts autism.

Don't feel bad. Autism is not a bad thing.
>>
File: deadly-facts.jpg (53 KB, 720x616) Image search: [Google]
deadly-facts.jpg
53 KB, 720x616
>>26592685
>>26592732
>>26592771
Hurr hurr, some people who wear a certain type of hat are losers, therefore all people who wear this hat are losers.

Pic related is LITERALLY your argument.
>>
>>26592708

The fedora is a fine hat.

Sonic the Hedgehog is an acceptable mascot.

Both of them are loved by autistic people because autistic people take "this is the choice of COOL people" at face value. When Sonic says he is "way past cool," autistic people believe it. When a mobster in a movie wears a fedora, autistic people believe it is cool. Because of this, they are the first choice of any autist, when the need arises.

Over time, non-autistic people notice that the majority of people that like this things are autistic. Because of this, the fedora quit being stylish and started being a red flag that someone was possibly autistic. Sadly, these subtle social signals are things that autistic people never pick up on, so they continue to wear the "cool" hat unaware of how it now makes them look.

This isn't a matter of shaming someone for wearing a fedora. It is shaming someone for wearing a hat worn by those that can't know shame.

Similarly, most people wearing hats are mocked because hats are the life-change of choice for balding men. Because of this, hats are now seen as a way of hiding baldness, leading to the mockery.
>>
>>26592899
>It is shaming someone for wearing a hat worn by those that can't know shame.

You fucking bastards, have you no shame!? How DARE you have the audacity to wear a hat?

How dare you display any kind of self confidence. You should just hide in your room because that's what all the cool kids are doing.

Do what everyone else does, if everyone else is jumping off a bridge, then you'd better jump off that bridge too!

Remember guys, that the majority is always right no matter the context!
>>
File: ed-harris-pain-and-gain.jpg (146 KB, 623x338) Image search: [Google]
ed-harris-pain-and-gain.jpg
146 KB, 623x338
>>26592975
>this asshurt because you don't look good in a fedora
wew lad
>>
It's a shame fedoras have become the target of ridicule.
But the tendency of socially impaired individuals of wearing it is real. I think it's something about it being used by "Real Gentlemanly Gentlemen" and some form of "cool" factor they fail to see it's long been disassociated with.
>>
>>26592899
>Over time, non-autistic people notice that the majority of people that like this things on the internet are autistic.

FTFY
>>
>>26593078
It's only the target of ridicule when worn by idiots in their 20s rocking jeans and a graphic t-shirt while smoking an e-cigarette.
>>
>>26593121
This extends to any fat person with a beard. Even a properly kept one.
>>
I asked /fa/ about getting a Tyrolean and they laughed at me and called me names :/
>>
>>26593180
Silly you, the majority isn't wearing Tyroleans.

Remember, it's not about what you want, it's about what everyone else wants.
>>
>>26592613
Just a fucking hat.
Why the fuck someone would care about a stupid hat. If it goes with an outfit. There's nothing bad about a stupid hat. What if wearing caps will be autistic now ? Seriously it is just an hat. No one actually give a shit about a piece of wool and polyester.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.