[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>normal people literally look forward to and get excited about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 89898989.jpg (20 KB, 780x400) Image search: [Google]
89898989.jpg
20 KB, 780x400
>normal people literally look forward to and get excited about going out

>I literally try everything in my power to avoid going out and have massive anxiety at the thought of having to do it

Why am I like this? Why are other people not?
>>
>>26591871
Well, maybe they have associated a lot of pleasure with the act of going out, and somehow you have associated a lot of pain. I don't know.
>>
>>26591871
I thought I had social anxiety but really I was just fat and poor.

Once I got fit and a job that paid 100k going out got really fucking fun.
>>
>>26591952

I associate "going out" with

>being mocked,ridiculed,put-down for no reason even when I am being nice to everyone
>being ignored,ostracized,alienated
>being made to feel like a worthless piece of shit

And people have the audacity to wonder why I have no friends, never had a GF and don't like meeting new people.

Maybe I've just been insanely unlucky in that every single social situation has ended up like this, but it's happened more than enough times in a row to make me drop out of society.
>>
>>26591970

I am extremely /fit/. Not poor either.

>>26592074
Still happened.
>>
>>26591871
Legit introvert here.
I have a job and all that, and I'm in pretty good shape, but I absolutely despise interacting with other people for any reason. If there are too many people in a room, I'll just leave. If I'm forced to go to a social event, it'll be the only time I go outside for a few days before and after.

Might just be how your brain is wired.
>>
>>26593534
Same here. I can forcefully be outgoing enough at work, but if someone wants to hang out on the weekend I need 24 hours notice yo
>>
>>26592074

Either you're hanging out with legit assholes, or you're an oblivious asshole.
>>
I hate the initial part of going out and clubs but I love getting drunk
such is life
>>
>>26594333
everyone is an asshole

when people see a weakling they swarm on him to make themselves feel better
>>
>>26591871
>normal people literally look forward to and get excited about something
I envy this part of the norm.
>>
Imagine if every time you went out people were happy to see you. That you knew you'd never make a spergy comment. That you could be yourself 100% without the people around you judging you.

You'd probably be a bit more excited about going out.
>>
I fucking hate social anxiety.
>>
>>26594388
Can't begin to.
Well said, though.
>>
>>26591871
>Why are other people not?
Lots of us are, its just hard to meet each other an even if we could we would choose not to.
>>
And the worst part of this is that when I finally manage going out and meeting people, there is a 60% chance that I will not have fun for variety of reasons.

Then people start looking at me weird and become borderline hostile as if they could get the fun out of me by force. Most of the time all this ends on me fading away when no one is looking and feeling like shit. Then after 3 hours I start getting messages asking about my whereabouts and people wondering why I had left and when.

I recently had a 3 hour talk with my mom about all this and why is socializing so difficult for me. All she had to say about it was that I have always been noticeably different from other kids my age and she associates me in the same group that she puts herself and my little sister on. My dad and 2 brothers are the other group and are basically normal males, but I turned out to be extremely self conchious and a little bit womanish in some of my habits, this all while being mostly straight.

I try to make sense of all of this the best I can but nothing seems to make sense. I'm not worried about the future though I have all kinds of plans for it, but the thought of never having sex crosses my mind every now and then and that is pretty much the only thing that depresses me anymote. 25V
>>
>>26591871
>gf tells me we have to go out on friday to a club
>week ruined because of that
>cant enjoy a singlr moment because i know i will have a horrible time there
>she wont go out without me and vicecersa

It could be worse i guess and she could be going out by herself, having male friends and cucking me though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.