[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /word aversion/ here? The following words cause me to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 799x1086) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 799x1086
Who else /word aversion/ here? The following words cause me to cringe internally when I hear them, and I refuse to say them:

>tasty
>egg(s)
>stink(y)
>smelly
>fart
>poop

I honestly don't know how I can be this autistic about something and still function like I have. Even my girlfriend doesn't know about my word aversion. I find ways around these words in conversation so that I don't have to say them. Even typing them was difficult.
>>
holy shit that picture is creepy
>>
File: 1451692284921.jpg (38 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1451692284921.jpg
38 KB, 400x388
>stinky
dont do this to me OP
>>
>>26591660
Forgot to add:
>yummy
>delectable
And to a lesser degree:
>delicious

Literally all I can bring myself to say is that something tastes really good. I cannot use any other adjectives. >>26591726
Found it in a hmmm thread
>>
>>26591660
Poop is the worst word in history.
>>
>>26591660
toot really gets me
>>
>>26591791
Also forgot to add "turd." I don't know why these words trigger me so much. Only a few are associated with one another. I hate eggs, but the others shouldn't trigger me, and I didn't always have an aversion to some of them.
>>
>>26591832
I didn't think that one bothered me until I tried to say it. Hearing it doesn't bother me, though.
>>
I don't like saying any words that relate to bodily functions. I don't even like mentioning. If I have to go to the bathroom I will say I will be back in a minute or something like that. It freaks me out when people around me say they have to pee or whatever. I do not want to hear that. Why do they think it's totally okay to say that?
>>
>>26591991
I don't know why I have an aversion to the word "fart" considering that I have a fart fetish. I have to use phrases like "blow ass" and such when I talk to people. Pee, piss, crap, and shit don't bother me.
>>
>>26591991
Agreed on "pee". I also hate "tinkle" and "ladies room". Another thing I cringe at is when women talk about childhood and they always say "when I was a little girl". Why can't they just say "when I was a kid"? The former sounds so infantile.
>>
>>26591660

Yummy
Tummy
Jammies

Basically any childish and "cute" substitute for an adult word. Fucking die.
>>
>>26592422
Tummy is one I forgot.
>>
File: 1445433431032.jpg (59 KB, 896x921) Image search: [Google]
1445433431032.jpg
59 KB, 896x921
>Crisp
>>
>>26591660
Here are mine

>tabarnak
>calisse
>hostie
>chu

Basically cause of cultural cringe and I live in French Canada. cause these word sound like shit and are pretty redneck white thrash tier.
>>
>>26591832
I'm glad you said it, I couldn't even bring myself to type it out
>>
>shit
>fuck
>cunt
>loser
>asshole

I think these are pretty common though, at least that's what I tell myself.
>>
>>26591660
I have the same aversion to any word/colloquialism that ends in -ski.

Like Chomsky Normal Form, or broski.
>>
>>26591660
I do /word aversion/ when I catch myself using the same word too often. I'm very conscious of my choice of words when I speak and try to say things in a way that isn't generic as fuck. It keeps me learning new words too. But it really bothers me when I'll be talking and use some little phrase that I've used a million times before. I like words and language and I love to read.

>tfw you can't read all that you want to read because it takes time to actually read
speed reading is for fags. appreciate the shit you read instead of trying to burn through it for the sake of being able to tell people you've read it
>>
>>26591660
>fancy

Ugh

Triggers my autism 2bh
>>
>filth
My fucking father says it all the fucking time and it literally sends shivers down my spine and makes me feel ill
>>
I can't take the word degenerate seriously anymore because of /pol/
>>
>>26592338
yes little boys/girls room also
>>
I cant call people on their names. Is that the same?
>>
People who say bathroom not washroom in a formal setting.

Swearing really bugs me. It just seems so trashy and low-class.

Using meme words(ex.fail) in public.
>>
File: 1455874968764.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1455874968764.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>26591660
I averse this aversion with the word "smug."
>>
>>26593721
>I cant call people on their names
I have the same thing, or actually I can if I really put in a lot of effort, but that makes me exhausted.

>>26591660
I had the aversion for "meme" but not anymore.
>>
Available.
>>
>>26593721
I rarely actually learn anyone's name, usually it only sticks if they aren't a full force shitter.

more or less 75% of the time I don't know their name at all even if I see them daily, 20% of the time I make up a nickname for them because I don't give a fuck about their name and the other 5% is actually consciously attempting to put their face with their name.
it's unnecessary labor
>>
>>26593840
>Swearing really bugs me. It just seems so trashy and low-class.
I swear a ton for the purposes of hiding my asp, you reach a certain point where if people know you as the 'harsh talking honest/mean guy' it's perfectly accepted that you speak that way, but I do change the way i speak around certain people if I'm trying not to be a smarmy cunt
>>
>Belly

>Stomach

>Digest

>Wacky
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.