[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As far as melee weapons go, if they weren't fedora tier,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: viAKc.gif (394 KB, 350x164) Image search: [Google]
viAKc.gif
394 KB, 350x164
As far as melee weapons go, if they weren't fedora tier, would you EDC a katana? Surely it's better for self defense than a baton or knife.
>>
Bat is always the way to go. Non lethal and highly effective
>>
Rapier(or a gun) is the best. I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>26591588
>Surely it's better for self defense than a knife.
no
>>
>>26591588
I'd rather have a bat or some sort of blunt object tbqh.
>>
Katana needs nonstop maintaince.
Unlike your Tomahawk, it doesnt need any.

Although a non-lethal strong weapon i'd use is a bat. Pretty normal and easy to use.
>>
>>26591588
Just use a crowbar
>>
File: zombieweapon001_03.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zombieweapon001_03.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
I'd carry a table leg around and club niggers with it.
>>
>>26591601
Maybe, but you risk angering your attacker if they recover from the blow. A katana will stop them almost for sure if they're brave enough to get near with you pointing it at them.
>>
>bat
>non lethal
L
M
A
O
>>
>>26591644
Sharpening a katana sounds comfy desu lad.
>>
File: happymonkey.jpg (80 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
happymonkey.jpg
80 KB, 576x768
I guess you tie rope around a chunk of lead and swing it at people
>>
MACHETE
A
C
H
E
T
E

Eliminate your enemies and trek through dense brush.
>>
I would prefer carrying a halberd, it's more intimidating
>>
>>26591720
Cute, maybe your boyfriend will buy you one so you can feel safer on your jogs :^)
>>
>>26591720

That's supposed to be a weapon? I always thought it was a cat toy women like to carry around.
>>
I live in a free state so I carry my Glock 26.
>>
>>26591718
>comfy

Stop using comfy in place of the word fun. And no, sharpening a katana is not fun, it's fucking work.
>>
>>26591588

Of course it's miles better than a baton or knife, it's a sword, but you can't really conceal a katana, which is part of the requirements of EDC in the modern world.

Any weapon that you plan to carry around all the time has to be concealable enough that no one ever knows you're carrying it, or it's going to be a big social stigma. And that makes it uncarryable, because your weapon will probably never see use, and if it does see use it'll be one time in many, many years. Ultimately that means that carrying your katana would result in years and years of social stigma, with no attending benefits because you probably won't need it ever. That just makes it not a good idea.
>>
>>26591588
You can't just say fedoras aside and act like it's not autistic anymore. What situation would you really use this in?
>guy robs you at gunpoint
What are you going to do?
>someone threatens to beat the shit out of you
Better be careful or you could get charged with some terrible things
>>
File: 1453958210192.jpg (6 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1453958210192.jpg
6 KB, 325x325
>>26591644
>Although a non-lethal strong weapon i'd use is a bat
>non-lethal
>weapon that caves in skulls, breaks bones, and causes all sorts of nasty internal damage
>>
>>26591720
>>26591752
>>26591765

Yeah, who exactly is that going to stop? I feel like a good hit with one of those wouldn't leave much more than a minor bruise.
>>
Katanas are objectively worse than European longswords. I'd EDC a halberd though for sure.
>doubles as a walking stick
>fuck shit up from a distance
>utility of axe and a spear
>split wood or the heads of normies
>girls love that shit
>>
>>26591851
I've held one, it's pretty heavy, it could mess someone up getting hit in the face or crotch, even with a female's strength.
>>
>>26591741

This

fuckoffrobotbloxx
>>
>>26591851
Its just a knot, it can be whatever size and whatever inside it.
>>
This deserves that katana story where a kid and his friend both test out a weapon to prove katanas aren't better and he breaks his expensive katana immediatly.
>>
>>26592009
THIS
Katanas look cool but are apparently shit and break at the drop of a hat desu senpai
>>
>>26592009

just because it was expensive doesn't mean it was good

the straight fact is that katanas/longswords/rapiers/whatever are not practical self defense or war weapons anymore and haven't been for a long time, so there aren't a ton of ready and willing manufacturers making them to battle-ready specs anymore. if you buy an ak-47 you can rest well assured that it'll be plenty usable in life or death struggles, but you definitely can't say the same about swords, where most of them are purchased for the purposes of hanging on a wall. not even in japan would you buy a katana for self defense.
>>
/k/ needs to know of the autism and heresy in this thread
>>
>>26591588
what's edc?

I can't believe nobody asked yet
>>
>>26591588
A fucking spiked machete, like a saw blade, two of them, on your hip
>>
>>26592465
literally google it
>>
File: cz75 compact with wood grips.jpg (165 KB, 1023x769) Image search: [Google]
cz75 compact with wood grips.jpg
165 KB, 1023x769
Fucking idiots, buy a gun.
>>
>>26592522
We're talking melee weapons. Now go die you stupid fucking waste of shit
>>
File: 1455133340809s.jpg (3 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1455133340809s.jpg
3 KB, 125x124
>>26591798

>he's not emotionally intelligent enough to be able to tell the abstract difference between "fun" and "comfy"
>>
>>26592536
Life isn't like your chinese cartoons faggot lmao.
>>
>>26591588
if you EDC a weapon you're a pussy, unless you live in a big city full of niggers and crack heads and being mugged is a actually a legitimate concern but then you should carry a gun not a katana that's just retarded
>>
>>26591588
a short double edged european style sword would be better than the meme katana.
>>
>>26591709
>>26591850
almost anything has the potential to be lethal if you got crazy with it. Give someone a couple whacks to incapacitate them if you need to defend yourself. you dont need to club their brain into a pulp after they're on the ground, you need to slow them down and get away unless you know they are trying to murder your ass.
>>
>>26592677
WHAT PART OF " MELEE WEAPON " DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? ARE YOU MENTALLY RETARDED? HELLO? YOU GOT DOWN SYNDROME BUDDY? DO YOU NEED HELP ?
>>
File: 420 blaze it kek.jpg (107 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
420 blaze it kek.jpg
107 KB, 800x800
>>26592775
>if they weren't fedora tier
>literally admitting to being a fucking fedora
wew lad, calm your autism before your wranglers come lmao.
>>
>>26592728
>short

hell no, the best dueling weapons for europeans ended up being long thrusting swords for the most part.

well, then again, that's dueling. but in any unarmored conflict, any cutting weapon is great, and a katana is a great cutting weapon.
>>
>>26592804
wew lad you're a moron wewwww weeeeeeeewww
AUTISM XD FEDORA MEMEMEMEE
I"M TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THIS IS A MELEE THREAD LET ME POST A FROG NOW HSHAHAHAHAHAHH

>look at this greentext
>look at this greentext>look at this greentext>look at this greentext>look at this greentext>look at this greentext>look at this greentext>look at this greentext>look at this greentext>look at this greentext>look at this greentext
>>
>>26592827
>he's this bootybothered
WOW
OW
W

I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.
>>
>>26592846
I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.I bet you nigger even touched a woman lel.

>Hi, my name is Jeremy and I"m an idiot xD
>>
I preffer using a Tanto or a Tonfa
They are 10 times more useful
>>
>>26592870
Katana are shit, just buy a swiss army knife loser.

Keep displaying that autism and pretending to be retarded haha :^)
>>
Bowie knife and tomahawk

Plus a pistol and rifle or shotgun depending on where I'm going
>>
>>26592870
Wew lad I don't know why you're freaking the fuck out. Just buy a gun if you want protection.
>>
>>26591588
>As far as melee weapons go,
I suggest a gun, and then you can hit things with it and shoot things. mostly shoot things
>>
>>26591798
Found the guy who is not comfy lads
>>
File: luger.gif (1 MB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
luger.gif
1 MB, 300x204
>>26591588
handguns are the answer, anyone that disagrees, should fuck off back to rebbiit
>>
>>26593107
The best answer is any long gun
>>
>>26591588
In an apocalyptic scenario, where guns aren't common or easy to get yes. It's perfect for non armored enemies.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.