[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is marketing a meme degree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: college.jpg (63 KB, 565x330) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
63 KB, 565x330
Is marketing a meme degree?
>>
One of the memeist, actually. Even women's studies is more academically respectable, and as far as usefulness goes, it's like a business degree for exceptionally dumb people.
>>
>>26591446
is business not meme enough? come on anon

not only that, but only shit colleges or community colleges offer marketing degrees
>>
>>26591446

probably not, it has to do with general business and that makes for a broadly applicable degree.

the roll of paper only exists to get your foot in the door.
>>
Yes. A good rule of thumb is if a good career is not intimately associated with a degree (ex. Medicine -> doctor, engineering -> engineer) your degree is a general education about a few things, and subject to varying degress of meme status. Worst is gender studies, then african american studies, followed by liberal arts, communications, marketing, and so on.

Chemical engineering masterrace reporting in
>>
File: 56676785.jpg (32 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
56676785.jpg
32 KB, 300x269
>>26591659

>he fell for the stemcuck meme
>>
>>26591730
Butthurt <insert shit major> major detected.

I live in a country with a shortage of engineers, and engineers from here are in demand in other countries.

Enjoy your NEETbux tho
>>
>>26591494

No, it (women's studies) isn't. Marketing is actually germane to psychology, business, and is applicable to whatever you wish - your personal brand, memeing your way to the top of a presidential field, etc. You can choose both sexy and dull examples which all vindicate this.

I myself was an edgy STEM autist who didn't care about these things at all. A bit later, upon really engaging with a business, I remembered what the public schools had warned against (and what always works): the power of psy ops and advertising. Marketing is very, very serious business today, especially given our fluid meme-discourse.

It's still not my temperament, but if you can't see why marketing is an important area of human inquiry/warfare, you're seriously blue-pilled. And I use that phrase unironically.
>>
>>26591907

I will add to this that the trick is to already be a physically attractive person, so that you can effectively work sales. Hint: this goes for men as well as women.

In an old job I was charged with picking show orders to meet marketing at various trade shows. The CEO was careful to pick attractive, inoffensive, non-fat turbo-normie people for this particular unit.
>>
>>26591730
Not all stem fields are created equal. Engineers have better job opportunities than for example a mathematician, and get paid a lot more than some autist with an IT diploma.
>>
What's the middle ground between the STEM meme and actual worthless careers?
>>
>>26591730
This is literally the only reason to go to college, soon enough the Stem meme will die but those who hop on the ride now can get themselves some shekels.
>>
>>26591446
Yes, one of the marketers we just hired has a computer science degree from MIT.

Business degrees are only good if you do management, information systems, economics, shit like that.
>>
>>26591990
>MIT
Anon..
>>
>>26592012
Seriously, his boss (CMO) just sent an e-mail to the whole company. Dudes got an MBA (from stanford) but his BS is CompSci from MIT.

I should say that we're a tech company based in silicon valley btw.
>>
>>26591446
Marketing Major here. Can kind of confirm. There's lots of people hiring, but unless you go into analysis you will pretty much be the guy who makes flyers and updates the company twitter. Really wish I had planned my college better but its too late to go back now. I'll probably end up not even working in that field for very long, might just go learn a trade after I graduate.
>>
>>26591659
what about physics? or math?

your opinion is wrong
>>
>>26591950
this exactly, I don't understand people who blatantly yell STEM is bad
yeah with math or phys or some IT or CS bullshit you're fucked but most engy degrees are top tier, especially if you get a masters and specialize in something that's not easy but is in demand
>>
>>26591446

It depends. I have a bachelor of commerce with a major in marketing so I would suggest that my education was pretty well rounded. I work in an organisation where marketing is one of the biggest teams and is responsible for a large portion of yearly sales and growth so it doesn't seem so memey to me because I use a lot of things I learned every day.
>>
>>26591976
not really, STEM degress already greatly outnumber STEM jobs. you're fucked unless you're a charismatic chad or you know someone who will hook you up.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.