[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has gottent treatment for mental illness? I suffer from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: med.jpg (97 KB, 608x270) Image search: [Google]
med.jpg
97 KB, 608x270
Who here has gottent treatment for mental illness? I suffer from bad anxiety and a little bit of depression. If I go to a doctor what will happen? Anything I should lookout for? I'm hoping they will just ask me some questions and prescribe me medicine. I'm scared robots.
>>
>>26590977
Describe panic attack symptoms so they give you benzos, the most effective treatment for anxiety
>>
>>26590977
if you describe normal anxiety symptoms they'll give you SSRI's
they're next to useless, and have horrible side effects
if you describe panic attack symptoms, they'll give you benzos
they work well, but are highly addictive, withdrawal is hell
>>
I got given antidepressants and told to see a psychologist

I was too autistic to tell the psych anything and I gave up on the medication eventually
>>
>>26591464
This won't happen lmfao. Doctors tend to stay away from giving those, especially for a first treatment. A proper psychiatrist would be better.
Source: years of treatment, multiple psychiatrists and doctors, 15+ psych meds (have tried 3 benzos)
>>
Tell them you're despressed and a little schizo and get seroquel.
You won't feel anything anymore.
Trust me senpai.
>>
>>26591528
If I don't abuse the benzos I shouldn't get addicted right?
>>
you'll get a SSRI script, it will break your dick, it won't do shit for your anxiety, your doc will up your dose and/or switch you to a different SSRI, they won't do shit either except break your dick further, you'll eventually get tried of taking them and quit, which will cause you to feel like you're getting shocked in the brain for a week or two, your dick may or may not recover

>>26591464
this. Absolutely positively do not describe anxiety or see above. Don't even call them panic attacks, just look up the symptoms to lead dr. normie to the right conclusion
>>
>>26591641
What do you mean by don' call it anxiety? You mean not use the term and just describe symptoms?
>>
>>26591580
No. I got addicted to my prescription of Xanax. Just dont take it every day, and try to limit its use as much as possible.
>>
Not me bitches, I will never fall for the medical jew ever again.
>>
>>26591580
Yeah. Don't take it daily, just when you might an anxiolytic.

Depending on the specific drug (shorter half-life = safer to take more often), you could take'em 2-4x week with little dependency liability
>>
>>26591580
if you're using them every day you will probably develop a tolerance, and become dependent

if you can limit yourself they're great, maybe try cycling anxiety drugs with different mechanisms of action, like a benzo one day, phenibut the next, kava the next and a break.
>>
>>26591569
Don't do this. 2 months of seroquel killed my dick and made me gain 30 kg. Luckily I lost all the weight pretty quickly and my dick recovered
>>
>>26591758
Seconded I have taken it. Feeling nothing < feeling shitty
>>
>>26591684
If you're too knowledge (especially if you aren't personable, which you aren't, because you're here) the doc will assume you're drug-seeking and you'll get shit (SSRI)

Frankly, just buy etizolam online, it's superior for anxiety anyway

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16107249
>>
>>26590977
I went to the doc for depression and anxiety. They just asked me some questions like if I had thought about killing of harming myself and asked me to describe hoe my anxiety makes me feel

They recommended therapy to begin with then if I felt like I wasn't making progress I could go back and be given anti depressants
>>
>>26591910
>>26591940
Well I don't want to pay for medicine that doesn't work and I don't have time or the will to go to therapy. Guess it's not worth going then
>>
File: ii.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ii.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
I've taken paxil and after a month I generally felt a bit better. Ended up not taking it anymore. Honestly op, you'd be better off seeing a good therapist and cutting all the toxic shit out of your life before you should start ingesting chemically brain altering designer drugs.

See a therapist. Don't mention hurting yourself or other people (unless you're underageb&) cause then you go to the adult mental hospital, where you get to sit in a room with nothing, but white walls and chairs all day and talk to people wayyy worse off than you and can only lie down at night to sleep if inpatient. Also they will try to force a shit load of random drugs on you (DONT TAKE ANY FROM THEM). Especially if the psych doctor is foreign.
>>
>I suffer from bad anxiety and a little bit of depression.
This made me laugh good, thanks for the last good thought before bed.
>>
>>26592098
No therapy, including le CBT, has any better efficacy than SSRIs, which are shit.

Thus goes triply for a fucking bot, whose problems almost certainly stem from being a bitch, how the fuck is going ultra-bitch gonna help?
>>
>>26592298
Hey, it's still better than nothing.

Try and find a qt lady therapist. Even if it doesn't help you, talking to a qt once a week is therapeutic in it's own way.
>>
>>26590977
I have adderall for my ADHD but I usually smoke cannabis for my anxiety because I don't want to be physically dependent on benzos or have my head fucked up with SSRIs
>>
>>26592488
I would just smoke weed but at best I can get 3 or 4 joints a month. It sucks.
>>
>>26592528
I know how you feel, I can only smoke on the weekends. Can't wait until medicinal marijuana gets legalised in all 50 States.
>>
>>26592432
No, it is literally worse than nothing.

>qt lady therapist
jesus fucking christ. ya, go talk to some roastie who will barely be able to contain her laughter at what a pathetic faggot you are, great fucking advice, shitcunt.
>>
>>26592946
I like qt's telling me it'll be ok. Feels good mayne.
>>
bumperin0 blox
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.