[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: kR62B.gif (454 KB, 300x185) Image search: [Google]
kR62B.gif
454 KB, 300x185
>tfw a normie who has a gf tries to tell people about "depression"
>>
File: mfw13.jpg (81 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
mfw13.jpg
81 KB, 1136x640
>he lives in a first world country
>he claims he suffers from depression
>>
>>26590240
>Implying Africans are smart enough to feel depression
Depression is linked to intelligence sorry Tyrone
>>
>has access to food and water
>claims to have "depression"
>>
>>26590274
If youre so smart, why don't you just find a way to stop being so depressed? :)
>>
>mfw normies try to whine to me over not getting laid in 3 whole weeks :((((

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ__LyhyNoA
>>
>>26590240

3rd world countries can riot

First world cannot
>>
>>26590332
Depression results from bad brain chemistry not external circumstances
>>
>>26590240
You mean those shitty countries where everyone gets to marry a qt virginal gf and has a fuckton of friends and supportive relatives?

Seriously, living in a wealthy country isn't all that great. Sure I have easy access to food and water (if I work to pay for it) but thats where my privileges end. Eat, drink, work or spend time doing work related things for 10+ hours, come home and screw around on the internet considering suicide
>>
>>26590198

>tfw a straight white male living in the first world tells me he has "depression"
>>
>>26590398
You seriously cannot be this dense
>>
>>26590399
>tfw when a third worlder thinks he actually has time or insight to be "depressed"
>>
>>26590274
>muh no future
>muh shit life
>muh no gf
Yeah buddy, you're real smart.
>>
File: 1453259275967.png (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453259275967.png
99 KB, 500x500
>>26590383
incorrect

depression is a result of supressed neurogenesis causing atrophy of the hippocampus due to emotional trauma or neglect, (or through other genetic defects, but that's rare) but there is a genetic disposition element to it, some people are more likely to take these external stimuli and develop neurosis out of them.

>>26590332
not how it works either

depression is not the result of a lack of physical resources, or third world circumstances. It is the result of neglect and alienation, which is rarely an issue in third world countries as their poor circumstances make it less likely to be emotionally neglected, due to their reliance on eachother and lack of privacy.

People do not feel emotions relative to the entirety of the human race, they feel emotion relative to their culture, what they were raised in. When they are outcasted from this, abused or sink into a feeling of inferiority these negative emotions overwhelm them and lead to suppression of development in important regions in the brain.
>>
>>26590399
>depression is sadness

heh
>>
>>26590383
It's from doing nothing all day silly.
>>
>>26590413
>unable to refute
>gives this reddit tier response
>>
>>26590399
>tfw a shitskin or female tries to imply they have feelings
>>
>>26590198
You robots always say
"If I can be sad because others have it worse I can't be happy because others have it better"
How does that not apply? Your "depression" legitimacy hinges on it.
Also depression isn't "oh I have it shit, therefore I'm sad", it's a chemical imbalance in the brain, it can affect or not affect anyone no matter how bad or how good they have it. It's a very well documented medical and psychological condition.
>>
>>26590775
If I can't*
>>
>>26590684
Hey careful speaking all that sense around here!
>>
Every time a young person tells me they're depressed I just assume they're pussies who are finally facing an actual challenge in their lives. It's different when I hear it from a middle age man, it makes more sense at the point in life.
>>
File: 1455388845014.gif (132 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1455388845014.gif
132 KB, 500x281
>chads talk about drinking to forget about last night
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 740x737) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 740x737
If you guys wouldn't constantly try to one-up eachother on who's the most miserable, maybe you could start working on NOT being miserable. You wonder why you've grown ill stewing in your own filth, it's sad.
>>
>>26590684
This is too true to be a meme. Get out.
>>
>>26591231
or maybe talking to other robots about how fucking shitty they feel and want to die every day is the only form of therapy and comfort they can find
fuck off
>>
>>26590285
"hahaha i'm so happy with food and water i think like a dog hahahaha funny water i love it"

Fucking retard
>>
>>26591231
Maybe you don't know what depression is like and should stop try to pretend like that's an easy thing to do. This isn't even one upping. We're constantly faced with these examples of claims of depression we can't relate to at all. It feels terrible. It's like if you were sad and when everyone else say they're sad what they mean is exhausted after a long day or some shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.