[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone else have literally no passion or interesting hobbies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: 1450864381317.png (225 KB, 478x556) Image search: [Google]
1450864381317.png
225 KB, 478x556
does anyone else have literally no passion or interesting hobbies?

i can't think of single thing i would want to study or do as a career every day without getting bored and wanting to quit

i would be content with just staying inside and hiding from the world forever as long as i had a friend to do it with
>>
>>26586644
Where you live op? Have you never done a single fun thing in your entire life?
>>
>>26586780
the only fun things I do are solitary escapism things like playing videogames or watching movies/anime or listening to and playing music
>>
Yeah same here

I just read, watch anime and watch movies.

I'm too autistic to ever mention anime in real life and I don't like talking about books with other people, so basically the only talking point I have is movies.
>>
>>26586644
>>26586800
>>26586816
at least escapism works for you faggots.

I must either have a negative attention span or just an inherent disinterest in things. I do absolutely nothing nowadays. can't even watch a god damn movie.
>>
>>26586800
>videogames or watching movies/anime

None of the things that happen in these mediums interest you at all?

Do you have income op? You can't really start a hobby "properly" without money.
>>
Same here
I'm interested in everything, but nothing seems to have the upper hand over the rest
Also, I have strictly no friend, i'm locked at home and I never talked to anyone beside family for 5 years. I hate to admit it but i'm starting to feel lonely.
>>
>>26586644
I used to enjoy doing creative writing, but then I realized what I wrote was shit tier chicken scratches that belong in the trash. Then I also used to like reading, but I read all the books I wanted and it was to expensive buying new ones. And then there's 3d modelling, but I sucked at it and was too impatient to work on things for very long before getting very bored. At least I still have vidya. T-that's a hobby too, r-right?
>>
>>26586862
It only works for me if I do it routinely. If I stop watching movies on specific days I go months without watching them, same for anime.
>>
>>26586874
I'm 19 and still live with my parents, I have a part-time job but it's not much

I took a year off after high school because I had a near mental breakdown and I'm paying for school out of pocket so I don't want to dive in headfirst to college if I don't have a plan

>None of the things that happen in these mediums interest you at all?
not really

the closest thing I have to a hobby is playing the viola, but I've never been very good and it's definitely not something I could manifest into a career
>>
Become a house-husband. Maintain the house, watch the kids, do chores, and NEET the day away while your wife wins the bread.
>>
>>26586930
I don't know what to tell you op.

Aside from stuff I always liked as a kid, My first real hobby I'm still heavily in today I discovered from spending time with my sister and listening to her play weird music all the time EDM. Then that progressed into getting more into the music (a lot of other music too) seeing videos of people dancing to it, learning the dances and then going to raves which became a hobby because it was cheap and fun. Aside from cars (which came from vidya/anime) I probably have pretty basic indoor millennial hobbies.

Nothing you've ever been around interests you at all man? When was the last time you saw something and that it was "cool"?
>>
>>26587387
>Nothing you've ever been around interests you at all man?
not really, no. it's a pretty fucking pathetic existence.

things fall into two categories for me

>that doesn't interest me at all
and
>that's kinda cool, here let me try it. oh, i'm terrible at it. i don't really care enough about this to invest time into practicing it. plus i'll be subpar compared to everyone else, even with practice.
>>
Nah, I have a couple of interesting hobbies. I like to cook, bake, garden, as well as do some programming.
>>
>>26586883

So you have hobbys and interests but you quit very early on not because you didnt enjoy them but because you werent some savant who was miraculously good at something right away?

Its doesnt sound like you have a problem like OP but are a problem.
>>
>>26588711
>Programming
Please for the love god, don't say that it's Python or html related stuff.
>>
>>26588743
>You have a problem
Thanks for your diagnosis, armchair reddit. It's not like I started and stopped with that stuff, but was doing it for years. So kindly shut the fuck up and take your putrid opinion elsewhere.
>>
File: 1440458550090.jpg (6 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
1440458550090.jpg
6 KB, 245x206
>>26586644

You're basically me OP. I've been this way my entire life. I'd be willing to befriend you on steam or whatever but don't expect much out of me. I'll game with you but overall I'm not enthused very often.
>>
File: 1455559793410.png (416 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455559793410.png
416 KB, 500x500
>>26588746
>Python or html
Of course not, my current favorite language is scheme.
>>
>>26586800
I'm 20 and do about the same thing. Hiking and generally being outdoors is a nice way to spend time, there are trails every where just look some up near your area.
>>
>>26588746
Why does everyone freak out about Python?

also
>HTML
>programming language
>>
I'm with you OP. Nothing is fun. I can't even get myself to play video games anymore. I've never had a hobby and never will. Everything that I've ever tried I was terrible at. It's too late to pick anything up.
>>
>>26586800
>professional 4chan browser :^)
I'm pretty sure I could make a career out of it if I studied hard enough.
>>
>>26588775
>Thanks for your diagnosis, armchair reddit. It's not like I started and stopped with that stuff, but was doing it for years. So kindly shut the fuck up and take your putrid opinion elsewhere.

See? Youre completely cancerous. Why do you think you can come in here and pretend that your """"problems"""" compare to others. If you want to be a failure thats up to you but dont pretend you're anything less than a quitter.
>>
>>26588919
do you have a job? are you in school?
>>
>>26588926
>I'm cancerous
>I'm the one acting like an armchair psychologist and jumping to conclusions
You're the cancer here faggot.
>>>/out/
>>
>>26588743
>>26589032
Literally you jumped to conclusions saying he is a problem because he can't stick to stuff.
>>
>>26589032

Reading what you wrote isnt jumping to conclusions. This isnt your circlejerk where everyones going to validate you.

>>26589068

The kid literally has shit he ENJOYS doing which is the exact antithesis of the thread, but stopped doing it and has the audacity to come here and act like hes not just a shit human being?
>>
>>26589207
He wants to find something he is passionate about and something that grasps his interest. He's probably tired of constantly playing video games and watching TV and movies because he knows while yes it is fun it's nothing really productive or life influencing.
>>
>>26589207
I wasn't looking for validation fucktard, I was just joining the conversation. If you're all buttblasted that someone came into your little special clique then choke on my dirty unwashed cock you filthy bitch.
>>
>>26589266
i think you are confused. we're talking about this guy:

>>26586883
>>
Always remember: most normies do not have hobbies. They mostly watch Netflix and go out to get drunk with friends. Your problem is just general lack of happiness, and pretending you have new hobbies won't fix that. Go out and make friends.
>>
>>26589282
>I wasn't looking for validation fucktard, I was just joining the conversation. If you're all buttblasted that someone came into your little special clique then choke on my dirty unwashed cock you filthy bitch.

>he doesnt even wash his cock regulary

Holy shit how lazy can you get
Like every sentence that you write just makes you look worse and worse
>>
>>26589328
i don't know how

i haven't made a friend since elementary school, and friends at that age just happen

i legit have no idea how to make a friend. i'm pretty scared of people in general. i have no friends and making new ones is a very scary prospect.
>>
>do things because you enjoy them
>thinks they're not valuable hobbies
I do knitting and programming. Let me tell you, knitting is the worst shit imaginable. It takes you attention and tons of your time, you get frustrated and the results are almost always bad. The only nice thing is that you can bring it along to torture yourself while waiting on the bus or whatever. People ask about it too which is nice. See how this compares to videogames? It's like playing shitty games on a mobile platform.

Programming is amazing. Once you get to a certain level of proficiency you just make anything you want. All that limits you is the time you can spend. There's no intellectual barrier past a certain point. It's a lot of knowledge at worst.

I wouldn't mind a person enjoying consumer content at all. As long as you're intellectually involved in it to some degree, even stuff like Naruto is fine. (moe shit and hentai isn't supposed to be your 'hobby' though)
>>
>>26586644
Yeah, most of 4chan. Is this a serious question? The vast majority of channers are seriously boring motherfuckers. Actually, that goes for most people, really.
>>
>>26589385
>Actually, that goes for most people, really.
i think my problem goes beyond "boring"

i don't know what to do for a career. i never excelled or cared about anything in school, i got alright grades but nothing ever stuck out to me in any way. i just did the classes because it's what you gotta do.

i want to go to university because a degree opens your opportunities, but NOTHING interests me. i can't afford to waste money trying things and not liking them.

i've gone to every job fair and career center available, and they look at me like i'm insane when i say i'm not interested in ANYTHING.

no talent + no passion/interest = literal walking corpse
>>
>>26589459
So you're literally like 80% of the population? I'm not by any means trying to make you feel better, because this is shit and it's killing the species, but did you really think this was unique to you?
>>
File: 1364612107765.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1364612107765.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>26589328
>Go out and make friends.
Easier said than done.
>>
>>26589510
>did you really think this was unique to you?
not at all, i made this thread to talk to other like-minded people and see how they deal with it. it's been eating away at me for a while.
>>
File: 1455853995667.jpg (333 KB, 1106x962) Image search: [Google]
1455853995667.jpg
333 KB, 1106x962
>>26589510

Its nothing like 80%, a good amount of people actually enjoy working because they love x(money/the people they work with/working with people/what they do while at work/million other reasons) Its just in lower end jobs that everyone hates life.

>>26589385

People arent actually boring, you just find them boring for whatever reason.
>>
>>26588890
wish i knew m8
>>
>>26586644
>does anyone else have literally no passion or interesting hobbies?
Me. I hate when people say follow your heart or do something you love. There's nothing I want to do or care about.
>>
File: 1451003322934.jpg (868 KB, 1500x1972) Image search: [Google]
1451003322934.jpg
868 KB, 1500x1972
Same boat OP until I discovered bionics.

Basically application of biological principles to modern machines.

I mean, I'm a very boring person. I don't know how to keep conversations going and barely react to stuff most of the time. Just dead inside because I'm so fucking anxious, nervous as hell, just not a cute little girl.

I'm gonna try to take up learning about bionics as a hobby and go back to Uni for math and physics. Maybe. I go back in 2017.
>>
File: 1450597869783.jpg (33 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
1450597869783.jpg
33 KB, 1008x720
I feel like I have the capacity to study hard and bust my ass for something but nothing has ever captured my interest to prove it.

I don't know, man. I'm doomed to be a fucking NEET.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.