[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ADD Thread? I was 'diagnosed' with 'ADD'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: chief.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
chief.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
ADD Thread?

I was 'diagnosed' with 'ADD' when I was younger and I never really took it serious. I was on Ritalin (which was a bit too strong) so my Dr. ended up giving me Concert. I stopped taking it around 14 and started heavily smoking weed.

Just recently at 22, I stopped smoking weed and while my anxiety and depression disappeared, I still had racing thoughts and my ability to focus was gone. I had no trouble focusing while stoned, although I was constantly tired and getting fat from munchies.

I went back to my Dr. and within minutes was re-prescribed Concerta because she remembers my issues as a child.

Holy fuck, is this what it's like to be calm, thinking regular, non-jumbled thoughts?

Any warnings/tips anyone would give me about this stuff? I know it is a stimulant and pretty much just time-released Ritalin.
>>
do not get fat or you'll always feel dizzy after a month or two no matter how strong the dose is
>>
i probably need something like that, but so far my experience with doctors and touchy drugs like that, theyll give you something that doesnt work, expecting you to come back and ask for something different. ive only got money for one visit man, just gimme the real deal.
>>
>>26584878

how could you get fat on something that suppresses the appetite so much?
>>
>>26584958

tfw living in Canada :-)
>>
No, this is what it's like to take stimulants

It will have this effect for a while but the comedown can be miserable and dependency and tolerance are inevitable, big double edged sword. Be careful. With proper precaution and harm reduction technique you should be good to go, enjoy your enhanced cognition
>>
File: 1410295997512.jpg (30 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1410295997512.jpg
30 KB, 400x388
I don't have ADD but I'm taking a Ritalin research chemical I buy off the internet. It gives a rush that's just like coke, but longer. I keep twitching in this really pleasurable way. It feels really good. I'm also a lot more focused and motivated. Able to take on the day. And that's all I could ask for.

Truly we must say thank you to our chemical angel. Thank you, Ritalin, for all you have given us. You have tweaked me out on your beautiful vibes countless times. For this I am thankful. Amen.
>>
>>26585286

Any tips? I suppose not taking it when isn't necessary would be useful
>>
>>26585286

Also, you seem pretty aware.

I've read that some people gain weight on stims due to not eating all day and then crashing/munching hard at night?
>>
>>26585328
Don't take it on days when you don't really need to focus, don't take more than you're prescribed, stay on a regular diet and sleep schedule even if you're wide awake and not hungry. Make sure your heartrate and blood pressure aren't elevated to excess when you're on it. Don't redose when you're coming down, seriously you never get as high the second time and each redose just gets weaker and weaker and the crash harder and harder.

Just apply some common sense and you'll be alright
>>
>>26585370
Yeah, I'm no nutritionist by any means but I guess that could happen, yeah. I would force myself to eat even if I wasn't hungry. Isn't it just calories in/calories out?
>>
Focalin doesn't cause dependancies if you want to try something else
>>
>>26585446

yeah thats what i figured too. i get that if some people don't eat enough they may possibly fuck up their metabolism causing them to store fat via metabolic disturbance (unless that is bro science)

i don't really have much of an appetite sober either way so i figure ill be good
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.