[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really though, what's the point of life? I mean, what is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: 1453846803525.jpg (211 KB, 858x952) Image search: [Google]
1453846803525.jpg
211 KB, 858x952
Really though, what's the point of life?

I mean, what is the actual point?
>>
Becoming one with memes.
>>
>>26581510
what is the point? to suffer
>>
that's like asking "what is the plot of literature?"
>>
being a hedonistic yolofag. the normies were always right
>>
no point, we are just shitty chemical reactions on a rock in space that managed to get self aware to some extent
>>
>>26581510

there is no point in life, how many times do I have to mention Schopenhauer, for you little faggots, read who this guy was and learn his philosophy, he knew that life is pointless, fuck this gay earth.
>>
There is no point to life. Life happened by accident.

So essentially, life is what you make of it.
>>
>>26581510
none. youre some fucking cumshot in a vagina, then a drooling crying piece of shit until you die

once you allow yourself to look into the void you cant ever go back..
>>
To realize you want to die
>>
>>26581585
if life is pointless why do u care whether we read this faggot.. and why should we care if we don't read him.. theres no "goal" to get towards, so no action can be rated against another, the end result is just death and deletion. simples u faggot
>>
no trace of humanity will exist
muh dick
>>
>>26581551
To exemplify the meaning of life, which then must exemplify something else. You are merely a simulation from which an advanced race attempts to discern a definitive meaning to life.
>>
There's no point in life. As soon as we die, it's gonna turn to be the same as if we never were born to begin with.
Such fun.
>>
>>26581510
To be like Hashem
>>
>>26581510
Get as much pleasure as possible, then become worm food.
>>
File: 1449795959137.jpg (40 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1449795959137.jpg
40 KB, 400x402
I honestly think there is no point in life. I think stupid folks try and put value in their life or make try and make their life matter by having kids. Which I don't understand at all.

Sadly there is too many stupid people in the world ( America/Socal has a lot of dumb fucks ) and until I see a small awakening I am just going to keep not giving a fuck. Why put my neck out there for folks who have their eyes and ears shut.
>>
File: 1452678237739.jpg (98 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1452678237739.jpg
98 KB, 640x480
>>26583980
try to make*
-2nd make lol
>>
>>26581510
To fuck with normies. A woman at the Gym had a new hair cut, I said...
"It's cool, looks very emo" feigning enthusiasm.
"What!? I'm no emo" she is somehow thrown by this and I end the engagement. Without meaning to I undermined her appearance, I hope she cuts it. I might share a link with her on Facebook to an emo band like Courage my Love or Picture me Broken see how she reacts.
>>
There is no inherent purpose. You just make up your own "point" or purpose.

There isn't some really 2deep4u philosophical answer to this question. It's that simple.
>>
>>26581510
To pass your genes.
>>
>>26581510
to find the point
>>
>>26581510
there is no purpose, embrace nihilism
>>
>>26581510
a mix of hedonism/feng shui

you are star dust one with nature, but also an animal who loves to fuck
>>
to experience what life has to offer
in a lifetime someone cant experience everything so chose your path, have kids, and let them experience their path
>>
>>26584298
I think that creates an infinite loop...
>>
File: 12333.png (981 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
12333.png
981 KB, 960x1280
>>26584053
edgy
{orginal comment no mute]
>>
File: 1437739589191.jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1437739589191.jpg
16 KB, 320x240
How come when anyone says they're a nihilist or that they think life has no meaning, somebody comes along and gives them shit for it?
>Nihilism is for 15-year-olds
>It's a meme
>You'll grow out of it.
Is this philosophy really that fucking edgy?
>>
>>26581510
Continuation of the species until everything dies. So death I guess.
>>
File: discordia.gif (6 KB, 359x353) Image search: [Google]
discordia.gif
6 KB, 359x353
There is none, for Eris does not will it to be there.
>>
>>26584452
People who berate others for claiming to be nihilist know as little about the actual philosophy as they do.
>>
>>26581510
We're just characters in each others' meaningless stories.
>>
/r9k ?

So this is the forum for sociopaths?
>>
File: 1454949947280.jpg (288 KB, 714x1100) Image search: [Google]
1454949947280.jpg
288 KB, 714x1100
well seeing as there is no known higher purpose its more or less "do whatever". So do whatever makes you happy. this board is too full of negative ass people to see that though.
>>
>>26584452
Some people don't like the idea of their existence being purposeless, I assume it makes them feel like every effort they've ever made was in vain. It makes me feel like that sometimes. You can find purpose in life but that doesn't mean life has purpose.

It's not that edgy, some people just like to be contrarian and condescending on anonymous Taiwanese kayaking forums because they can. You can spout any bullshit you want with no repercussions other than being called a faggot which is probably going to happen anyway, so you know what spew whatever philosophy you want
>>
>>26581716
You shouldn't. I was only pointing you in one direction if you wanted a certain insight.
>>
If we look at this at the level of a human and the genes he contains, it is to pass on your genes, this may not have always been the case, but if you want a reasonable answer this is the one i would give. You exist because contain genes that are good at making survival machines, these survival machines are "good" in the sense that they code for machines that produce offspring's who will then also grow up to produce offspring. So, in a way, you as a person(body) are just a vehicle made to propagate your genes.
>>
Let me tell you what my point in life is. It is essentially emotion. It is this for every single human being. The point of life is for me to do what feels good and right for me. I do not give a shit if there is no meaning given from an outside source. I enjoy tasty coffee in the morning, I enjoy learning something new. I Enjoy good food my fiancee cooks. I enjoy the rain. I also spend time doing things I find important and act upon my own moral standards. Why would I need more "reason" that the fact that things in life FEEL worth while doing.

That is what everyone does. All goals and things in life are based on emotions, what does it matter if they are an by product of chemical processes in the brain. The way they feel is still the same no matter the reason behind them.
>>
>>26581510
You were born. Your mother and father fucked and you were created. You formed inside her womb, your consciousness being created at that time, and permanently marking you with your current being.

Someday, you will die. You will die, and you will turn into dust after a couple hundred years in the ground, or turn into ashes from cremation. You could have done anything in your life, and you would still end up at this final stop.

You could be a multi-billionaire, living in a mansion the size of several city blocks, or a poverty-stricken, unwashed vagrant, living in the streets, and you are still going to meet this fate.

Both the man who pulls the trigger, and the man who the gun is aimed at will suffer the same fate that every living being is destined to.

To answer your question, the meaning of life? It's to try to find one. The loop continues; one philosopher writes and publishes his ideas about a meaning, or lack thereof. One individual in particular finally realizes that life truly does have no meaning, but he can't accept it, so he begins to deny it, creating some elaborate fantasies to prove his delusions to be true.

Other people like the latter man flock together, until eventually the majority of the world's population now indulges in that man's denial, but now they don't call it denial, they call it faith. The people with "faith" begin to delude themselves with a lie to attempt to comfort them from the truth that they have known since they were born:

The only true meaning in life is the cruel loop that we were born into: trying to find meaning where there is none.
>>
File: 1427391072475.jpg (469 KB, 697x667) Image search: [Google]
1427391072475.jpg
469 KB, 697x667
Personally, I'd say it's pleasure.
>>
Everything is perspective, regardless of what your beliefs about our existence are.

Life is impossibly complex to us because our limited minds are unable to comprehend infinity, which means our perception of our own place in this infinity can only be vague.
1 in comparison to infinity is infinitely small, but 10^1000 is equally small. Due to our limited perspective, we believe that becoming significant in the eyes of many other people will make our existence greater; same idea with doing something significant enough to be remembered in history, or humanity doing something significant enough to be remembered by another race after we're all gone.
By extension of that same logic, we also consider ourselves, humanity, the world and life in general to be worthless for not having that kind of significance, but it's all an illusion. You can become the greatest person in all of history, but all the history books will someday become dust along with everything else on the world. You can become emperor of a whole galaxy with millions of sentient races and have your face sculpted into a giant nebula, but soon enough the gasses will disperse, and everyone who ever knew your name will die along with you.

No matter how big a piece you become, you're still just a piece of a piece of a piece of something else. Don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>26584648
There are people born unable to feel any emotions.
>>
>>26581510
It's subjective.
The big three in Greek philosophy, Aristotle, Plato, & Socrates all agree that the highest good for humans is happiness, and that a rational choice of life will be one directed to one's own happiness.
>>26584287
The objective, biological purpose does not tend to be a viable purpose. Consider Kierkegaard's take on the meaning of life for example.
>For Kierkegaard, the type of objectivity that a scientist or historian might use misses the point- humans are not motivated and do not find meaning in life through pure objectivity. Instead, they find it through passion, desire, and moral and religious commitment. These phenomena are not objectively provable- nor do they come about through any form of analysis of the external world; they come about through inward reflection, a way of looking at one's life that evades objective scrutiny.
>>
File: speedkatana.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
speedkatana.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>26581510
Like dust being blown in the wind or a drop of water falling from the sky, we only react to objects and wave patterns that are unavoidable.

Just like katanas are superior to long swords because of their aerodynamic curved blades which allows them to move faster through air.
>>
>>26584825
You mean find meaning through memes? I'm using the word meme to refer to the transfer/replication of ideas that are kind of units of selection proposed by Richard dawkins.
>>
>>26581510
The point of life is reaching nirvana.
>>
>>26584494
What could this and the pic mean?
>>
>>26584422
underated filename holy bejezuz

>the movie "lucy" put it pretty well- to pass on something. leave a legacy- kids, knowledge etc
>>
The one true path in life is to move to the countryside, find a young country girl, make her your wife, start a farm, raise a family, and live out the rest of your days selling goat cheese at market and experiencing the happiness of simplicity.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.