[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else here ugly but not ugly? I can get treated like a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 7zDE0EB.png (189 KB, 598x239) Image search: [Google]
7zDE0EB.png
189 KB, 598x239
anyone else here ugly but not ugly?

I can get treated like a 3/10 but then the next day I can be like a 7/10. I don't know why.

it's retarded and I feel bad.
>>
i'm nearly good looking but prematurely (@29?) losing my hair so i feel like i'm good looking but also just disgusting.
>>
>>26578660

you just need hair then or buzz it off.

My problem is more like, some girls think my face is literally creep and others think I'm handsome etc.

A lot the times I carry myself like I'm better looking than I am. I don't waste money on drugs or alcohol. I'm pretty much just trying to be a decent guy. It's really fucking annoying and I want to just get a surgery so I can look like a generic chad or something.
>>
>>26578732
you probably just have low self esteem which you actually project onto your appearance. it's like plato's analogy of the cave...you're processing the actual world through your perception, and if your perception is colored with doubt and self-loathing then naturally you will have a distorted perception. As for people having different tastes go, I can't explain it..but you probably have your own tastes in women which aren't consistent with all other men. So, in short, at least there are *some* people who think you are handsome. You are likely struggling with some unresolved emotional pain which is a lot harder to get at then being shallow and judging your external appearance against a model that sells commodities to the loathesome masses.
>>
>>26578577
I'm pretty handsome, besides my shit jawline.

Kinda sucks.
>>
>>26578577
yup, i think girls flirt just to fuck with me
>>
>>26578812

I don't know what to do, man. It's been really rough. I'm a college dropout working a dead-end job right now. I went on some dates from a girls from tinder but they all ended badly in the same way kind of. None of them were ever dtf and sometimes they just didn't seem interested in me. Before I deleted my account I had like 100 matches, but if you take away the bots and all the girls who unmatched me or never responded it would be more like 15 legit matches including conversation. And this is with my bio being nonexistent, only showing what university I attend, and some really lonely mirror/room selfies.

I dunno. I'm trying. But it's just not happening.
>>
It's just your brain fucking with you. If you're wondering if you're ugly or not, you're ugly. Come one now it's really simple. Do you really think if you were handsome people stop treating you like you were handsome ever?
>>
so basically you're average
>>
File: 1453580765364.jpg (31 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
1453580765364.jpg
31 KB, 425x300
>>26578577
I was kind of handsome when i was 13-14 (i had 2 or 3 girls crushing on me). Now i'm 3-4/10 so that's that.
>>
>>26579036
>>26579052

it's hurt a lot to hear this. :(

I honestly thought I was attractive and it was kind of the only thing I had going for me. I have nothing now.

Feels bad.
>>
>>26579104
i'm average too, some girls go for me and some don't. it's not that bad, stop being a narcissist
>>
I'm ugly with glasses on and average without
>>
>>26579141
Sure. You're like 5-6/10 because there are no real ugly people on r9k.
i've never seen truly ugly person except that one with fucked up teeth
>>
I'm a 2/10 but go up to a 6/10 with a haircut and a shave. Can't be fucked tho
>>
>>26579130

I don't want to die feeling like this man. I'm so alone. I hope I figure it out. I am really falling apart. aaaa
>>
>>26579104
Lol I used to think the same thing until I started posting my pictures online. Reality is brutal.
>>
>>26579020
you seem pretty depressed, honestly. and i mean like perhaps it is literal clinical depression. i don't know what's up..it could be that you're judging yourself so harshly. i am fucking weird, senpai, in fact i usually browse /x/...but the thing is, i am happy. at some point in my life i realized that the normalizing standards that are modeled for us everywhere (especially in pop culture) don't apply to me. i have come to the conclusion that mass-media is actual propaganda and the message is that *you* are lacking something essential to being a happy person...it might be your looks, your job, your family-life, your love-life, etc. ad nauseum...and all of that shit just creates a gnawing sense of inferiority in *most* people (even chads, or maybe *especially* chads) so that they buy things...they buy a trip to "find" themselves, they buy time at the gym to get /fit/ or they buy vidya or drugs or food to escape...but ultimately, none of this is fulfilling because there is no way for it to be fulfilling...that hole inside is just a falsehood running wild..unfortunately you can't just turn off the t.v. because real people become little viral marketers for pop culture even when they are careful not to...it comes to the point when you need to take a definitive break from it...this usually means radically acting in ways that completely go against your routine. i've accepted myself and now i value my inner self more than anything and i do have a gf...i haven't not had a gf or a side piece in years now..and really that doesn't matter but i think you have to experience it to know that it doesn't...i wish you luck and i'm sorry for the rant, but i've gotten stoned this morning and feel all enthusiastic.
>>
>>26579020
Try living for yourself. If you pursue something, something that interests you, the women will come and so will the happiness and self improvement.
>>
>>26579271
> be a very cute bany child
> girls fall for me all the time in earlier grades
> actually feels pretty nice being a proto-ch-BAMM!!! Puberty strikes!
> terrible acne
> face grows, nose grows, jaw retreats back to childhood memories
> ugly as sin now
At least I almost made it, right? It's better than not having gotten close at all, right???
>>
>>26579271
so basically don't give a shit, only take a shit?
>>
>>26579243

I know. I remember the first time I posted my pic on /soc/ actually got a pity 6.5/10 from some girl. Should've just took that and ran with it lol.

I even tried the r/amiugly and of course they never fucking tell anyone they are ugly (rarely, and that's only if the person is fat or a hobo) but I got no responses and barely anyone wanted to tell me I looked good.

So yeah, I feel pretty fucked m80.

>>26579271

I like enjoying things. I want to enjoy life. I want to be with a girl and share myself with her, but it's so unobtainable for me. I can't just be some self-deprecating guy with a funny as fuck personality, because at my core I don't agree with that. I have a price and that's not what I'm after.

I think I'm tired of thinking. Tired of trying to figure out this fucking world. At this point I wanna turn my mind off, forget that I am me. Just evaporate.

Thanks dude, good luck to you as well.
>>
>>26579397
you are definitely not as bad as you think based anon...acne is something i don't know about but i'm sure your face is fine

>>26579398
i think really it's about caring even more, not just passively accepting what is given to you. but yea being nihilistic and not giving a shit is a really good first step. i did heroin for years and acted like a complete asshole..part of the process i think.
>>
>>26579196
it's subjective

I'm pretty much with you, but not being an eyesore isn't the only way you could have unfortunate looks.
>>
>>26579488
nice dubs. we're all gonna make it. brah
>>
>>26579397
Same here. Acne fucked up me pretty bad. It has started since 13 and now i'm 23 and still acne remains. It isnt from food or hormones so just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>26579527

It's like what if your passion was simply looking nice?

It's the same way some person might have a passion for cooking good food but they were born with no arms. They can probably still find a way to make some tasty food, but they'll never be a great cook.

I'm sure that person would fantasize about getting artificial arms the same way I do about replacing my face.

When you're faced with accepting these cold hard realities and taking that to your grave, it really weighs on you. Especially with how looks obsessed our society is.
>>
>>26579069
Same when I was 12-13 had girls all over me was pretty much a chad, and now I'm an ugly 20yr old virgin, funny how life is
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.