[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /medschool/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
I reckon theres more than a few of us
>>
>>26578285
Dropped out kek
>>
>>26578331

Same here

You should too OP
>>
>>26578285
Question for you, from someone not in medical school...
Are you rich? Do you need to be rich before medschool to be a doctor?
>>
Prospective med student here. Is it hard? I'm in second year uni, getting good grades, want to make big bucks
>>
>>26578532
I thought doctors don't make much unless you get into a very good medschool and use connection to get to a nice hospital
>>
>>26578571
ER docs at the run-of-the-mill level 2 hospital I used to work at made hundreds of thousands a year. One of em worked for six months then took 6 month vacations every year.
>>
>>26578596
that is the ideal life

ER would be so stressful though
>>
>>26578348
Reasonably well off. 70k+ pounds post taxes.

>>26578532
If youre after money go pick something that doesnt require you to be a literal cuck for the first 7/8 years of your working life for shit pay. Law or investment banking is what you want.

>>26578596
kek. not in glorious UK. Thanks, conservicucks.
>>
medstudent here.

its sad, currently facilitating stacies fucking chad for half the visits. these women come in and its all about their birth control.

shit is depressing
>>
>>26578621
I worked in the ER for a while as a paramedic, so I can't exactly speak from an ER doc's POV, but I found the ER setting to be an incredibly supportive atmosphere to work in. Certainly stressful at times, but with the staff on hand and millions of dollars of state-of-the-art tech everywhere, it never felt out of control, even during difficult codes and one-off rare situations. Mostly the ER docs stood back and barked orders while we busied ourselves performing our appointed tasks. I guess if you like being in charge and shouldering responsibility its probably pretty fun. That's one reason I enjoy the ambulance so much.
>>
File: 1453760488678.png (372 KB, 429x596) Image search: [Google]
1453760488678.png
372 KB, 429x596
Who /suffering in residency/ atm? Only 2 more years before I'm a fucking heart surgeon.

I have debt out my ass yo.
>>
>>26578823
>Dat cardiac surgeon pay tho

In five years with prudent financial planning you'll be free, anon.
>>
>>26578904
That's what I'm hoping for, still living with my moms. Ain't gotta pay shit.
>>
File: MTI5ODcyMjQ1NDQ2MjA5NTA2.jpg (108 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTI5ODcyMjQ1NDQ2MjA5NTA2.jpg
108 KB, 1200x1200
>>26578823
>yfw you'll be paying that debt for the rest of your life
Feel the Bern.
>>
>>26578994
Fuck you Bernie you jew fuck.
>>
>tfw palpation exercises with qt grills
>>
It's all a big joke.
>>
>>26579362
Every single med school practical examination involved QT grills. I swear They literally just want to see if you pop a boner performing a cardiac exam on some boobies.
>>
>>26578686
You get cucked in law as well. Expect to get shit on for a decade at least.
>>
>>26581034
Only had one so far, no chest area though. Still pretty nice.
>>
As a general point, am i the only one who finds med school hard? How long do you guys spend revising a day on average? Im maybe 2-3 a day and 7-8 hrs during exam times.
>>
>>26581162
I underestimated the difficulty when I started. Probably gonna fail my next exam but no biggie.
>>
>>26578285
reporting. About to leave for another boring day at the psych ward.
God I hate mental illness, especially considering I have one kek
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.