[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is required for success in life? Is it: >10% skill,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: fort minor.jpg (112 KB, 891x575) Image search: [Google]
fort minor.jpg
112 KB, 891x575
What is required for success in life? Is it:

>10% skill, 90% luck
>50% skill, 20% luck, 30% connections
>20% skill, 20% luck, 60% determination

Or what?
>>
>>26577609
More like score multipliers.

100 units of good luck will put you 1,000 points closer to success.
100 units of hard-work will only put you 100 points closer to success.
>>
>>26577609
Option number 3 sir
>>
>>26577609
100% concentrated orange juicd
>>
inb4 someone writes the lyrics to fort minor - remember the name
>>
10% luck
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain
and a 100% reason to remember the name
>>
>>26577609

Depends. But the latest is usually more accurate.
>>
>>26577609
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain
>>
>>26577679
get outta here mike.
>>
I'd say at least 40% is luck, but you're all forgetting how lucky you are to be born

>in a first world country
>speak English already
>be white (probably)
>not have any physical disabilities or actual mental problems (XD autism does not count)

So yeah, luck is a massive part of it, and you've already had a shit ton of luck. You just missed out on "have a flawless childhood" and "be ultra handsome",

If you put in work and skill, you'd be 85% to 90% there.
>>
10% Luck
20% Skill
15% Concentrated Power of Will
5% Pleasure
50% Pain
100% Reason to Remember the Name
>>
30% skill
30% determination
30% connections
10% luck
>>
Overall, 99% luck since most people are born in shit holes.

After being born in a western nation, 99% connections or ability to make connections. Hard "skills" are irrelevant for most jobs.
>>
The only real predictors of success, all other things being equal, are grit, resilience, and the ability to delay gratification. Even those might not be able to be developed.

So, 100% luck- luck in how well your temperament matches your appetite.
>>
No luck required assuming you don't have bad luck.
Depends of course were you consider success.
>>
>>26577731

My absolute nigga
>>
>>26577609
Maybe something like
75% luck
15% connections
8% effort
2% skill
>>
>>26577678
OP was way ahead of you.
>>
Pizza with bumperoni
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 1024x724
>>26577609

Determination. Determination.

Cold judgement: know your flaws, learn from your mistakes, evaluate the situation and take calculated risks.
>>
>>26579836
I don't believe determination is the only thing though. At least luck has to play a major part as well. You have to have SOME skill to get into a particular field, otherwise what's your worth? And it's really difficult to be successful on your own (unless you're Pajeet writing million-dollar apps in your mom's basement), so connections are vital.

What would the percentage distribution be though? That's the question.
>>
Rich people will say it's all about skill and determination
Poor people will say it's all about luck
The ones in the middle will say it's all about connections

So who's right?
>>
File: fuck_you.jpg (31 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you.jpg
31 KB, 495x495
99% luck, 1% determination. Most truly successful people are from rich families. Every once in a while theres a Martin Shrekli who makes it big through hard work or some nigger from the streets who gets lucky in Hollywood. Everyone else is a wage cuck working for pennies to make the top men rich.

Working hard is a meme.
>>
I'd say it's like 50% luck, 50% effort.
Every other factor is decided by how lucky you are and how much effort you put into it. Maybe luck is more important than effort, I dunno. Some people are just born successful and others never had a choice, so unlike effort luck is a must.
>>
>>26580924
That's actually a good observation. Over the years, I've accepted that there's no truth when it comes to most things, but that luck is ALWAYS a factor. A fat midget could win against a professional MMA fighter if he's lucky enough. The question now is, how much luck does one need if he has all the skill and determination in the world?
>>
>>26577720
youre missing
>genetic predisposition to various mental illness
>fucking hideous
>actually do have mental illnesses
>dont have the neural hardware required to have a conversation
>dumb
>no friends or any kind of support network

even people in the 2nd and 3rd world probably have better lives than me
>>
you need great genetics and the correct race, and being born in the right country to well connected parents

all of which are beyond your control
>>
>>26577609
and 17% bashluck
>>
>>26577679
This right here

FORT MINOR
M.SHINODA
>>
>>26577679
>>26577695
I love the dichotomy
>>26577731
>>26577782
>>
>>26577609

50% skill, 50% luck...

skill is important, but don't diminish the role of luck...
you could be the best in the world, but if you get hit by a bus as you're walking down the street... you're fucked

even the best king could be fucked because of unfortuitous circumstances (plague, drought, etc.)

likewise, you could be a bumbling idiot, but if you're lucky, you could become immensely successful
>>
100% WILL TO POWER
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.