[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /r9k/'s thoughts on libertarianism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: 1280px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png (121 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png
121 KB, 1280x853
What are /r9k/'s thoughts on libertarianism?
>>
>>26576122
Literal God-tier philosophy for rational people. After reading Atlas Shrugged and some Rothbard, you will begin to understand that the individual should be placed above all else.

>inb4 retarded collectivists
>>
it makes being a NEET impossible since in its endgame everyone is a tryhard yuppie who would kick their children out whenever they're ready to work, and there are no government NEET-facilitating institutions
>>
>>26576122
Libertarians are Republicans who have a bad relationship with their father.
>>
>>26576172
forgot to add ", so it's shit"
>>
File: The_rule_of_thirds_cover.jpg (636 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
The_rule_of_thirds_cover.jpg
636 KB, 400x400
libtards are getting btfo on the daily as,
>society adopts collective values of post-nationalism, interpersonal tolerance, financial egalitarianism, post-gender equality
>individual "liberty" is exposed for the spook it is, and a more rational approach to personal autonomy is developed via the gradual liberation of persons from constraints of "self reliance" and "familial loyalty"
>the international community dissolves nation states, all the world's people are working towards the common goal of peace and a healthy ecosystem.

libtards will be recognized for what they are, criminally minded subhumans and either reeducated or executed on a as needed basis.
>>
Lolbertarianism. It refuses to address real world issues beyond "just let the market sort it out and let freedum ring" and then wonders why people reject it in favor of an ideology that gets direct results.

The ideas are good ones, but they will be defeated every time, because people will not suffer such handwaving.
>>
>>26576122
My thoughts? My fucking thoughts?? WHO WILL BUILD
>>
>>26576458
THE

THA
>>
File: 1455221814382.jpg (47 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1455221814382.jpg
47 KB, 640x427
>>26576122
Related image and a (you)
>>
File: 1408117385587.jpg (449 KB, 680x865) Image search: [Google]
1408117385587.jpg
449 KB, 680x865
I believe that radical conservatism is the only solution to modern ills. Check my tumblr for more info.

http://generousbirdcollection.tumblr.com/
>>
File: 997_Snake-Hiss.jpg-628x250.jpg (21 KB, 628x250) Image search: [Google]
997_Snake-Hiss.jpg-628x250.jpg
21 KB, 628x250
>>26576594
HISSSSSSS

original
>>
>>26576586
ROADS
O
A
D
S
>>
>>26576122
>What are /r9k/'s thoughts on libertarianism?

There are different approaches to libertarianism, such as left-libertarianism. It's hard to know which interpretation you're referring to specifically. Libertarianism in the U.S. seems to mean the same thing as fiscally conservative, which may not imply any actual concern for civil liberties.

I can certainly agree with minimizing the presence of government in our daily lives and especially our personal affairs, but I do think economic regulations are a necessity. In fact, I don't think corporations are regulated nearly enough as it is.
>>
File: 09fc4a8[1].jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
09fc4a8[1].jpg
7 KB, 200x200
My dad is a republican, but everyone at school will think i'm not cool if I don't support the left's social issues, so I'm a libertarian.
>>
I'm a Libertarian. Registered Republican though. Will vote for Trump in the primaries since Rand dropped out. Still voting Libertarian in the general election.
>>
>>26576924
Who will build the roads though?
>>
>>26576924
>I want to vote in a candidate who shits all over civil liberties
>lol, I'm a libertarian!

That's entirely antithetical to libertarianism. Go read a book sometime.
>>
>>26576775
>left-libertarian

No such thing.
>>
>>26577023

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-libertarianism
https://duckduckgo.com/lite?q=left-libertarianism&kg=g&kp=-1
>>
>>26576318
>society
>financial egalitarianism
are you fucking kidding me? men are expected to pay for everything for their girlfriends/wives
you're a fucking liar
>>
>>26576775
>left-libertarianism
That's called Liberalism.
Americans in general have no idea what terms are the correct ones to use in political matters, so they just misuse what they have and make up new shit every day.

>>26576170
>reading Rand for philosophy
lmao how's high school?
>>
>>26577110
>wiki
>cuckcuckgo
>>
>>26577156
>That's called Liberalism

>"What is political science?"

Liberalism encompasses a much broader selection of political beliefs categorized into sub-types. Left-libertarianism is a specific ideology.

That's like "correcting" someone by pointing out that they're an "adherent to Abrahamic theology," not a so-called "Christian."
>>
File: chadly.jpg (60 KB, 600x645) Image search: [Google]
chadly.jpg
60 KB, 600x645
>>26577238
>political science
I actually took this and even the professor wasn't this pedantic. Stop trying to contrive arguments.
>>
>>26577312
>I actually took this

Sure. You studied political sciences at the Arkansas Center of Agriculture, and your professor was Jethro Joe Bob, and your classmates were Goober and Gomer and Beau. Nice try.
>>
>>26577375
Nope It's part of a STEM degree and I don't live in the US.
>>
>>26576942
State government. I'm not an Ancap.

>>26576957
Any better Republican standing in the polls now? At least Trump will get the ball rolling.
>>
>>26577507
Ok ok, but who will build the benches?
>>
It seems like libertarianism would be utter shit for a NEET.

As a political philosophy, it's ultimately short-sighted and rigid in stupid ways. Not that any civilization would ever live under libertarianism for any significant time anyway.
>>
>>26577575
I don't know faggot. I just believe government spending should be reduced and people should be able to do what they want.

I still believe the government should exist, but only for necessities. Law enforcement, national defense, etc. Not for babying the population with "free" money and we wuz kings programs.
>>
>>26577653
I get what you're saying but who will install the tower viewers?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.