[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love isn't real.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
I've always been a very love driven person. More than anything else, the thing that makes me most happy is the idea of finding someone to love.

Its a pure love, unconditional between two partners.

But more and more, I'm finding that this love may just be a hollywood fabrication.

A cheap materialistic relationship based on convenience.

I went out on a date with someone, and she never called back, and I'm almost positive its because I didn't have a job or a car.

Because I didn't obtain physical possessions, I as a person carry less value to a female.

Such thoughts wound me. Though I should have expected it.

Why should I have expected someone out there to love me for who I am? Silly me, personalities don't matter, it's all about how much stuff you have and your physical appearance.

I am damned to loneliness, cursed to shoulder the burden of existence isolated. All because I don't own things..

Damn this place.. It's no wonder there are so many murderers and scoundrels, without love what else could one possibly expect?
>>
Do you love yourself though?
>>
The worst.

In America this idea was drilled into my head from pretty much all angles since I was like 5 years old. I think people need to have some ideal to chase or there would be more layabouts.
>>
Find a bro, bitches will never love you for who you are
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 750x754) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 750x754
You can find love if you meet someone else at a young enough age who has the same expectations as you and you will fall in unadultarated and infinite love.

But even here you'll get tired and want to move on. The love you speak of is infinite in size but fleeting with time.

We're all horrible people. Just some are more horrible than others.

Pic related. Either you change or she changes.
>>
>>26574781
It seems like it could be just as hard to do that sometimes.
>>
Don't worry about inevitable hatred/"man up bro xD"/"toughen up fagget" responses you'll get, OP, I fully and wholly sympathise.

I don't think it's a Hollywood fabrication, love's roots go much deeper and penetrate deep into the heart of man. Tenderness is a deeper instinct than seduction, which is why it is so hard to give up hope.

Love to me is about unbroken loyalty, complete fidelity, total acceptance (not the self-serving "accept my past xp" kind) of your partner, caring and cherishing and sacrificing oneself for another loved being. An embrace that nurtures emotional vulnerability and creates a small oasis that protects against the world and against life.

When I was much younger I thought this was what all people wanted, what would come about naturally for everyone; you can imagine how surprised, disarmed and eventually disillusioned I became when I found out otherwise.

In my opinion, it takes many decades of loyalty for real love to become clear, and when we're living in a world as utterly cold, hostile and ruthless as ours where we vote on prospective sex partners with dating apps then dump them after we get bored, the question of love's continued existence is not even a demonstrable fact.

Being alive long enough makes you eventually understand no such thing exists, or it's phenomenally rare. Girls are like Rose at the end of the Titanic, saying, "I'll never let go" while they let you drown.
>>
>>26574749

Why do people always say this>
>>
>>26576291
Because if you don't love yourself, you can't expect others to love you (for the long term, anyway).

It sounds cliche, but it's true.
>>
What, are you surprised the girl didn't fall into unconditional love with you after one date?
>>
>>26574688
Nobody wants to take care of manbaby as a relationship that's why
>>
>>26574923
Not sure if pasta or not, but truly this is right on
>>
File: whatcannotbedone.gif (657 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
whatcannotbedone.gif
657 KB, 500x213
>>26574688
Still searching for that honest person I am today
yet none has been spotted at the bay.
>>
>>26574688
not having a job or car as a grown adult is a huge red flag. it doesn't matter how nice you are. nobody wants to date a manchild (which it sounds like you are)

this should all be self-evident
>>
>>26576368
I don't know how to love myself. I have nothing worth loving.
>>
>>26576503
>date

I really hate America and Americans.
>>
>>26574688
>I went on a date and she never called back! Love is a sham!
Are you 12?
One girl did something for reasons you don't know (she didn't say, right?).
The end.
Stop whining.
>>
>>26576518
And that is a very common problem. You are not alone in not loving yourself. That issue, though, needs to be addressed before you can start worrying about other people loving you.

I know a lot of this board thinks it's a meme, but if you really cannot love yourself you should seek therapy. You need external input into how to change your thinking because you're current mindset won't allow any change.
>>
>>26576914

Telling a depressive to love themselves first is setting them up for failure. They're going to ride a temporary upswing that'll mislead their partner into their fuller nature.
>>
I understand you want to be loved unconditionally, but you really should take care of yourself. I strongly suggest getting your life together before you start pursuing a marriage. Maybe not every girl wants a rich guy but in this world you have to have some kind of financial stability to provide for a family.
>>
Robot don't need love
This idea is not that kind of "keep telling yourself" stuff
>>
>>26577125
I get what you're saying, but telling a depressive that it's okay to hate themselves and be in a relationship is setting then up for even bigger failure.

If one can truly begin to love themself, then failing in a relationship, while still quite painful, will be an experience they can learn from, rather than an experience that just reinforces their self loathing.
>>
Men will fall in love with everyone they can fuck which isnt to ugly or annoying and who also likes. Real love as presented by hollywood is a delusion. Dont worry youll find someone who you love.
>>
>>26577968
Also the realest love there is is basically when you could be someones best friend and she also is a woman and not to ugly. This is pretty much the only relationship that will sustain in the end.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.