[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other robots that work in IT here? Is it a meme degree? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: OGHFTGHIANGWCAd.jpg (13 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
OGHFTGHIANGWCAd.jpg
13 KB, 300x250
Any other robots that work in IT here? Is it a meme degree? I don't want to dump thousands of dollars on a degree that won't be worth anything.
>>
>>26573676
Life is about trial and error. You gotta make mistakes in order to learn from them. You learn from them and you become wiser, you become wiser chances of success increase. So stop pussy footing around
>>
>nedm

There's a cat I haven't seen in years
>>
File: 1344515414817.gif (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1344515414817.gif
35 KB, 400x300
Not a meme degree huge field with lots of options.

Here's a suggestion based on my father. He's a biz.talk developer and makes 100k+ a year. There's consistently been work for him even through the 2008 recession. Just learn the language and somebody will hire you, may not start at 100k+ a year it took him a long time to get that good, but you could make 40-50k+ a year starting if I had to estimate. You could even get started working before you're done with your degree.
>>
>>26573676
>getting a degree for IT
Shit nigger, just configure networks on your own time. Learn them inside and out. You don't need to drop thousands of dollars for this line of work. If you did, I'd slap the fuck out of you.
>>
>>26573831
Most places that I've looked at for entry level positions want at least an associates degree though. How do I get a job if my resume will just be disregarded because I have no degree?
>>
>needing a degree to reboot computers and run windows update

lad?

wew.
>>
>>26573858
tell them you have a degree you moron

>he thought it was more difficult than that
>>
All US college degrees are a waste of money. Go do trade school.
>>
There is no such thing as an "IT degree"
>>
IT is soon to be a toilet paper degree, that field is so oversaturated it's not even funny

don't do it
>>
>>26573858
Work for lower than average wage but still have lots of things you've made in your portfolio.

Once you have lots of experience then start upping your demands. This is just an idea. There is in fact an element of negotiation in independent contracting. Same for working at a company, although maybe less I don't know for sure.
>>
>>26573983
Even if it's not just the western world that's in IT anymore, westerners still usually get paid more.
>>
>>26573858
If you would've gotten a start on this when you were younger, you could've listed it as your years of experience. Right now, I have 15 years experience in IT and programming. I work from home and run two businesses. I can tell you right now that I would hire someone with experience over a degree.

Faggots with degrees usually don't know what the hell they're doing and often say shit like, "But in my CS major, our professor said..." They have no idea how the real world works yet.
>>
>>26573858
This guy >>26574101 is right, get experience and tailor your resume to fit the needs of a position. Experience beats a college degree for IT and will make you not look like an ass

t. a retard with an associates degree and no experience in IT
>>
>dump thousands
Literally at my CC the degree is free if you get Tap and Pell. I lived with my parents and was getting like $1k back per semester, at least. Transferring for my BS, although I'm accruing like $10k per semester, I'm living on campus, get a small amount back, and was able to get tutoring work to pay for food and stuff. (I tutored at CC for many years, they're more laid-back there). I would infinitely support CC's over Unis. Universities are just so shit, at CC's the teachers know your name and stuff. Even if you fail a class (I failed/withdrew from 8 total lolsperg) it won't put you like $5k in the hole. My AS was free, and my BS will be like $50k, and I am an Electrical Engineer. Bottom 10% of wages is $60k, so I could probably expect that in a year or two at minimum.

At Uni, I know a sperg cuck who came to be a professional weeb (literally a degree in Japanese culture or some shit). He'll be $120k in debt. By Bachelors. Other normalfags are still going "If I can't find a job with my BS, I'll go back for my MS or PhD". I LITERALLY cannot understand how normalfags could be THAT retarded.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.