[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>apply apply apply Still nothing. I want to work and slave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1424984484222.jpg (445 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1424984484222.jpg
445 KB, 1920x1200
>apply apply apply

Still nothing. I want to work and slave my life away, as is considered normal, but apparently im not even good enough for that

ive gone completely numb

pic unrelated
>>
>>26572195
>whine whine whine

Still nothing. I want to whine and whine my life away, as is considered normal, but apparently im not even good enough for whining

ive whined myself completely numb

pic unrelated
>>
>>26572195
Are you not fat?
Join the military.
They won't turn down a loser like you.
You might even get a cool job/free college.
Hell, you might even get normie experiences.
>>
File: 1395159825956.jpg (54 KB, 477x637) Image search: [Google]
1395159825956.jpg
54 KB, 477x637
>>26572231

Too bad you can't have a history of mental health problems if you want to get into the military, you stupid prick.

They don't want losers either.
>>
>>26572243
How was I supposed to know you had a history of mental illness you daft cunt?
Where the fuck did it say in the post there was a history of mental illness?
Anyway, unless it's documented, they'll never know
>>
>>26572309

I've been on antidepressants for 7 years; I'm fucked.
>>
>>26572195
Keep it up senpai, and make sure you're searching on different websites. I applied to 5 a day for a month and eventually got a pretty good job out of it.

Make sure you're doing cover letters as well.
>>
>>26572243
Just don't tell them about it. My brothers have a history of mental illness and drug abuse. All three still got in just fine. I've spoken to recruiters before, and even if you say something that you're not supposed to, they will ask you again. That's when you revise your answer so as not to incriminate yourself. I didn't join, because I went to college instead, but sometimes I wish I had.
>>
>>26572225
rude

>>26572367
im required to have a certain level of activity, so that makes it harder to make tailored applications, because all they care about is numbers; regardless, i used to have a 3 paragraph cover letter with every application. Then i started to think of the number of other people applying and the even lower chance of having cv and cover letter read, and it seemed fruitless? so now i send out applications in bulk with no cover letter
>>
>>26572444

Well, they want the cover letter, unfortunately, even though they don't give a shit.

Hiring managers and HR departments are the shittiest things on the planet, and they enjoy your pain more than anything else. It makes them feel important.
>>
>>26572444
If you're having that much trouble, you should get some help with your resume, an go to a staff in agency.
>>
>>26572231

This desu. My degree is useless, so I'm going to join after I graduate and get trained as a mechanic or something.
>>
>>26572484
Don't enlist if you have a degree, you fool. Become an officer.
>>
>>26572463
i do warehouse work on and off with an agency. id hate to lose my passion for studying and just end up doing warehouse shit for a living. I guess the kind of jobs im applying for arent easy to get into (e.g. entry level accounting with study support), especially with my grades

>>26572457
guess ill go back to writing them out. its hard to stay motivated when it feel hopeless sometimes. fuck i just wanna move on with my life
>>
>>26572509
>Become an officer

I'd have to go through OCS, and even if I passed (unlikely, if I had that kind of work ethic I'd be applying to grad school right now) I'd have to spend all my time leading and giving orders. Fuck that.
>>
I applied to 25 internships through my uni's job search site. I got three interview requests.

First interview I'll admit I fucked up. They emailed me early asking if I'd come to their headquarters. I just never responded. Eventually so much time had passed that it would've been rude to send a response. So I just pretend I never got the email.

Second interview request, I got an email from the recruiter on a Wednesday. I decided to be nonchalant and wait a little bit to open it and reply. Well, on Friday I opened up the email. It fucking TOLD me to come in for an interview that Friday, no exchange of times I'm free or busy. Didn't go to that one, didn't even reply.

The third interview request, I never got an email for. I guess they didn't even bother.

Funny thing is my uni makes it "mandatory" to go to all these interviews. Fuck that, no one's ever gonna know I never went to any of them.
>>
>>26572570
So you're looking for an internship, then. Almost nobody will hire you while you're still in school. Go to your career center, man. What are you doing on 4chan?
>>
>>26572593
>Almost nobody will hire you while you're still in school.

graduated last year. getting real anxious because of an increasing unemployment period and the next batch of graduates are coming out soon. about to retry the career centre now. they werent much help b4
>>
File: 1424363242885.jpg (265 KB, 480x767) Image search: [Google]
1424363242885.jpg
265 KB, 480x767
>tfw all this fucking effort required just to goddamned get a chance to do shit you don't want to do in the first place so you have the money to continue to be unable to afford the things you need to survive a life of misery

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>26572672
meant for
>>26572626

>>26572695
the uselessness from not working and mooching off parents is a much worse feeling personally
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.