[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of improving myself if I'll never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: octoqt.jpg (85 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
octoqt.jpg
85 KB, 500x666
What's the point of improving myself if I'll never be good enough?
>>
>>26571472
If you try hard enough, you can be more than the sum of your parts.
>>
>>26571472
You won't know you aren't good enough if you never try to improve yourself, idiot.
>>
>>26571472
this ugly ass octopus is eating some good young titties, whats your excuse anon?
>>
>>26571472
What's the point in trying if I'll never have eight legs?
>>
>tfw octopi get more action than you do
That really hurts.
>>
>>26571472
I'd love to be a cute, busty chick and let octopuses and starfish cling to my privates
>>
you expand your threshold of suffering and it doesn't bother you so much

god, it's like you people don't even understand basic fundamental neurochemistry
>>
>>26571472
Never be good enough

For what?
>>
>>26572017
>you expand your threshold of suffering and it doesn't bother you so much
>god, it's like you people don't even understand basic fundamental neurochemistry
we don't, please explain.

Is that related to exposure therapy type stuff?
>>
>>26571472
>"What's the point in wiping my ass after taking a shit if I'll have to do it again tomorrow?"
Because the alternative is to live in freakish misery until you die a pathetic and unremarkable death with no one around you because they've long been driven away by your smell and lack of basic higiene.
By then you'll only have regrets for all the occasions you had to start wiping your shit-encrusted ass, remembering with painful lucidity how you could have done it in the shower or maybe even have made it slightly enjoyable by using 3-ply TP.
By then it will be too late and all you'll have ever amounted to will have been being a sad and repulsive waste of a life who hated himself until his very last thoughts.
By then your life will be over.

Metaphor aside I swear to god robots, you're one of the few sentient beings the universe will ever possess, you've been given a chance at life, you are the product of billions of years of biological evolution and thousands of years of cultural history; this precious little stretch of time that is yours is crushed between two eternities, the one before your birth and the one after your death, and it will come to pass, never to return, so start fucking acting like it.
>>
>>26571612
>tfw cucked by a cephalopod
D:
>>
>>26572675
*saved

That's some good motivational stuff. Maybe not enough but I will re-read it sometimes.
>>
>>26571472
I agree OP. Nobody liked me when I tried hard, so what's wrong with quitting?
>>
>>26573245
Intrinsically? Nothing, the universe won't care.
It's just that there is the same difference between quitting and trying that there is between buying a lottery ticket and having a very small probability of winning and not buying it and never have a chance in the first place.
>>
File: me training.jpg (97 KB, 564x1002) Image search: [Google]
me training.jpg
97 KB, 564x1002
i used to be fat, always fought over anything growing up (broken as fuck nose), and hated everything. start training bodyweight, sparring and some weights. now im 6% bodyfat and would fuck all your sisters
>>
>>26572492
this might not help anyone. i believe there's some smart drill sergeant quote that said the only way out of hell is straight through it.
>>
>>26571526
I already know

I can't see for shit. It holds me back in nearly every aspect of life and can't be fixed barring some medical science breakthrough
>>
>>26571472
Good enough for who?

How about you start being good enough for yourself first?
>>
>>26574288
But what if things typically seen as shitty like being a fat NEET who plays vidya all day is good enough for myself?
>>
>>26574288
This.
Robots need to understand at some point that nothing can be achieved on any level if you don't start respecting and loving yourself.
>>
Depends on what your purpose is. Mindlessly improving yourself for no reason can seem appealing so you don't waste your time and life magically fixes itself, but it's better to be a piece of shit and enjoy the little things you can get instead of suffering in blind hope things get better.

tl;dr don't worry, be happy
>>
>>26574335
If that made you truly happy there wouldn't be any problem with it, it'd be great.
Yet here we are because you have the indistinct feeling that you long for companionship, that this company would be good for you in a way that being a fat neet and playing vidya all day never will, so you're not really content with yourself in the end.
>>
>>26574288
why do dubs always contain truth posts.

because 4chan is run by reptilians
>>
File: 1454189642984.jpg (35 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1454189642984.jpg
35 KB, 500x338
>>26571472
>a fucking octopus touched more boobs then you ever did
>>
>tfw I used to constantly read stuff from dating coaches and PUA
>tried to expand my social circle and get fit
>nothing ever works
>>
>>26574335
But do you like that? Don't care what others think. Care what you think. There's not enough time to care about what others think of you and remember that every niche has atleast some girls in it.
>>
>>26574349
>introspective hippie nonsense

good for you if your problems can be solved with positive thoughts and shit
>>
>>26571612
But you can probably get more Octopus boobs than he can.
>>
>>26573956
who cares, you're a normie incarnate
>>
File: wolf.jpg (99 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
99 KB, 550x550
>>26574288
>>26574349
How the fuck do I love myself when there's nothing to love?
>>
>>26574788
Prerequisite is bettering yourself first.
>>
>>26574699
Fine then, continue dwelling, lingering and festering within your limitations, let your incapability to fulfill your needs be dependent on the external which you can not control, continue being your own prisoner and guard.

Doing whatever it takes to like yourself for no other reason than to be content with yourself has nothing to do with bubbleheaded optimists or any of their tripe.

Men overcome their limitations, or try and try again at least, woman do not, does /r9k/ like being an ironic parody of the very mindset they so despise?

>>26574788
If you can not satisfy the mind, start with the body. Start small, continue and try becoming content with that first, make any improvement at all and the next one will present itself, the downward spiral will become an upward one, you will start thirsting to achieve whatever next improvement you set your sights on, the mind will follow this thirst, you will have genuine interests you will want to explore again.
Do not stand still until you are content, never lose sight of the way forward or you will come to a halt and then downward again.
>>
Everyone's good enough to be loved, anon.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.