[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck do I do with my life? I don't have any great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: fffffffffffff.png (355 KB, 470x483) Image search: [Google]
fffffffffffff.png
355 KB, 470x483
What the fuck do I do with my life? I don't have any great skills or any kind of "future". I could go into thousands of dollars in debt to get a degree and become a lawyer or something (I don't even know if I have what it takes to get through law school, let alone get into one with my shitty GPA) and then what? I'd still being doing stuff I really don't want to, just like my shitty job at a cafe right now. I don't have a passion or anything like that to pursue. I feel like I could spend the next 20 years smoking weed and working shitty jobs or I could spend it going to college and getting a degree and focusing on advancing my career, but 20 years from now won't that time feel wasted either way? It seems like everyone who is traditionally successful always says they wished they spent more time doing what they really wanted and everyone who's a deadbeat at 40 who spent their time doing what they felt like wished they had focused more on their career.

FUCK the pressure to be fulfilled in life is like the cloud looming over me all the time and I have no idea what to do about it.

Anyone else here feel the same?
>>
bumping i guess

orginality
>>
youll drift into a job you will soon come to hate like the rest of us broken toys.

youll hate life more and more as you age

youll realize fear is the only real emotion in our society.

so dont have kids, and get your slave ass back to work.
>>
>>26568166
then why not just end it?
>>
>>26567538
I know this exact same feel. I graduated from college with a liberal arts double major and now I'm living with my parents again and delivering pizzas. I've been thinking about going to a trade school and becoming a plumber or some shit but I dont want to spend the time or money on anymore schooling.
>>
>>26568445
church brainwashing induced cowardice.
>>
I'm in the same boat OP. Got kicked out of college and I've been wageslaving over a year. I just wish I knew what I wanted to do with my life because I'm sure I could be successful if I managed to figure it out.
>>
Ok, first I'll give my rec:

Computer science. You don't even have to go the college route to get good enough training in this (though its preferred in today's economy). Computer science will take you anywhere since almost every trade needs computers at some point. Want to get hooked up with some businesses? Do their website / manage their servers. Medical? Assist with 3D modeling or data compression. Music? Digital Audio Software. Shitposting on r9k at a rate of 45 shit posts per second? Buddy boy, learn C and live ur dreemz

Or you can just do vocational stuff to get you by until retirement. Cheaper. But desu familia I think that lower level comp science work will be vocational education soon
>>
File: cantdodgetheodds.png (446 KB, 492x479) Image search: [Google]
cantdodgetheodds.png
446 KB, 492x479
Buy Iottery tickets
>>
>>26567538
>going to school
>not networking
>not developing your social skills and other shit
>literally going to school just for classes
>k e k
>>
>>26568753

this desu

I fell for the college meme and the "that nerdy kid will be your boss one day" meme and thought that just because I was smart and could get a STEM degree I'd be able to "make it".

I've been unemployed for the last 7 months, rarely even get called back from places I apply to, and people who graduated with me who have my degree but better social skills found jobs literally WEEKS after graduation.

There truly is no hope for robots in this world.
>>
>>26567538
Decide soon because you won't have the room to change course in 20 years
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.