[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Hey robots. Life is hard, often downright terrible.

What makes you all happy? What is the best advice you can give someone on how to be happy?

I think some very good advice is to love yourself. What else do you have?
>>
>>26566416
Be virtuous, live life without the shame of how you lived your life.
>>
The thought of it ending makes me almost happy
Love makes me happy too but I am always still restless on the inside anyway
>>
>>26566416
>What is the best advice you can give someone on how to be happy?

Watch lots and lots of media where other people find happiness. Anime, disney movies, romcoms, fuck it, watch couples in the park. The sky's the limit when your life is complete shit. Things can only look better in your eyes.
>>
is there a certain philosophy to which any of you adhere that brings you happiness?
>>
>>26566819
Eightfold paths of Buddhism.

>1. Right view
Understanding, accepting and adhering to the view that shallow materialism and consumerism doesn't bring lasting happiness
>2. Right intention
Pure of heart, good intentions for the right unselfish reasons
>3. Right speech
What comes out of your mouth should not be intended to hurt or corrupt
>4. Right action
Conduct should not hurt, corrupt, destroy
>5. Right livelihood
Live just and virtuously
>6. Right effort
Don't be lazy put in the right amount of effort to achieve your noble pursuit
>7. Right mindfulness
Pure of thought etc
>8. Right concentration
Focus your mind, self reflect on your thoughts your actions and aim to improve

This is my pursuit. Its working so far and im still young so the longer I practice naturally I should only improve. I fall over sometimes, but the eightpaths guide me to pick myself up and press forward.
>>
To be happy pour your life into your hobbies.
>>
>>26566416
To be happy, a man has to have a mission and cultivate happiness and self worth which is not reliant on other people. Figure out what you truly want in life and pursue it as best you can.
I want to be financially completely set by 35, have a good feminine woman, have kids eventually, learn interesting things, help others and indulge in my passions (currently surfing, vidya, hiking, etc).
I'm living in line with the goals of my mission so I'm happy.
>>
>>26566416
>Happiness
gratitude is helpful and i like to meditate
>>
I'm just happy being alive, I guess.

I'm a NEET shut in with no experience or skills in anything in particular, I have no friends, never had a girlfriend or been intimate with the opposite sex, and I'll most likely be alone for the rest of my life.
But even then, I'm still happy that I got to experience some good things in life, even if they were few. I don't need very much, so I suppose I'm content with living like I do right now.
>>
>>26566416
not giving a fuck makes me happy
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.