[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else shoftlift a lot? Ive been shoplifting on and off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14
File: trumped.jpg (380 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
trumped.jpg
380 KB, 1024x682
Anyone else shoftlift a lot?

Ive been shoplifting on and off for the last 10 years and have never been caught, but I generally never steal from the same place more than once every 4 months or so.

Curious on stories of getting caught, I've generally been shoplifting to eat because I dont want to work more than part time and all of my money goes to rent.

Biggest haul I ever did was 6 PC games from walmart that I sold the keys on the internet. I usually just take the htings im stealing along with legitimate items during busy hours to self checkout, and place them into the bags i purchased as I'm leaving.

How far will places go to find shoplifters I wonder, I'm almost curious if some Loss Prevention guys would know my face, and if they would actually do anything to be based on past thefts.

I justify my actions by stating the only people that lose when a company like walmart or target lose money are the people that are already too rich for me to give a fuck about.
>>
I originally got into shoplifting as a way to fuel DXM trips.

Id steal bottles of DXM containing medication, never been caught though.

Nowadays I do it for the thrill I guess. My biggest theft was a car battery worth about 200.
>>
>>26564700
I work at Target and the loss preventation office has tons of pictures of suspects.

With that being said, apprehension rate is very low. They have to actually catch you on tape from the moment you come in until the moment you leave in order to prove you stole anything, otherwise you're completely in the clear.

If they had any actual evidence on you right now, they'd have already reported you to the police.
>>
thieves are scum

honestly that's fucked up
>>
>>26564804
OP Here

I agree somewhat

Stealing from people who need it, or friends or family is completely fucked, even stealing from big corporations is kind of shitty because if everyone did it the world would be fucked, but, it's hard to care about the store managers on their 100k salaries that wont get their christmas bonuses.

>>26564789
I've worked at Home Depot and it seemed the LP guy spent most of his time walking around and asking questions around the returns desk.

Seemed like at home depot they cared more about people stealing stuff then returning it to the store than people stealing stuff in general.

That being said, how big are LP teams?

The Home depot I worked at literally only had one guy.
>>
>>26564872
My mid-size Target currently has an AP manager, a plainclothes girl, and a uniformed guy. I believe we have an opening for a second. There's rarely more than two of them in the store at once and they actually all leave by 8:30 or so even though we're open until 11.
>>
>>26564872
stealing from anyone is fucked, i don't care what logic you use to justify it to yourself

it's a literal child's mentality. i want the thing, i want the thing! but i can't afford it or don't want to, so i'm just gonna take it!

you are a child. that is what children do. what if some guy robbed your house because was poor and he just assumed you were well-to-do and wouldn't even notice
>>
>>26564985
You aren't thinking with logic. Of course stealing is wrong, however I wouldn't hold a grudge against someone for stealing from me. I'd never trust someone like that, and if I ever caught someone trying to steal from my apartment id definitely use lethal force to protect my belongings

But that's a risk everyone who steals knows about. The world isn't as black and white as you seem to think. I don't need to justify my actions to anymore, and I don't believe in karma or morality. What I do is purely for my own sustenance, and happiness.

Might as well just cut off the hands of every caught thief right?
>>
>>26565147
>The world isn't as black and white as you seem to think

>tfw raised religious, /morals/, thought there was always a Right and Wrong option
>tfw took years to realize stealing could be right and saving someone's life could be wrong
>tfw didn't realize until my twenties that morality is subjective and "wrong" doesn't mean anything if you're arguing with someone who doesn't believe it's wrong
>>
Question to any shoplifters.

I need to replace a shitty controller that broke and is out of warranty. if I buy a brand new one at Walmart, and just switch it out with the other one and return it as defective and pay with cash what are the chances of getting caught?

I was even thinking about heating the stickers and switching them. Maybe even replacing the outer casings since the problem is internal and the returned controller will still look like the new one I just bought the other day.
>>
>>26564700
>I justify my actions

>He fell for the "every villain is a twisted hero" meme
>>
When I was in hs marching band a few years back, my friends and I would ransack the shit out of sheetz. It was so easy because we were dressed the same as the other band kids and there were tons of them. Most I ever stole was a can of monster, bottle of vanilla coke, chex mix, full bottle of pringles, some ice cream, and doritos. We would go to the bathroom and put the loot in our backpacks. We had a prety good deal until we were caught by one of the fucking band moms, and from then on we couldn't go to sheetz anymore.
>>
>>26564700
I am neet and have very little money. Despite this I can't really find things I actually want, so shop lifting is pointless.
>>
>justifying theft with "it only hurts the 100k p/a manager salary"

Loss prevention costs are passed on to the consumer, you idiot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>26564985
>letting morals get in the way of personal gain
How does it feel to be a cuckold?
>>
>>26565458
I've done it before with a 360 controller, just remember there is typically a serial code on the controller that matches it to the box. Just switch the codes and you'll be fine.
>>
>>26565733
why not just kill people you don't like then?

kill chad and take his woman

if she doesn't want it just kidnap her and rape her

don't let morals stand in the way
>>
>>26565147
>I don't need to justify my actions to anymore
in your OP post, you literally say

>I justify my actions by stating...
>>
>>26565765
Cause you'll get arrested and sent to prison.
>>
>>26565458
You won't get caught.
People working min wage at Walmart won't give a shit
>>
i've stolen shoes, socks, hygiene products, candy, kitchen utensils, magazines all from this one superstore (not a walmart, fuck that place i won't step foot in it if i can help it).
the majority i've given to people as gifts. i dont think about the morality of it and i don't care, i just do it because i have a personal grudge against the place. so yea :' )
>>
>>26564985

came just to post how much of a child (YOU) are

stealing from companies means jack shit, simply because you cant steal everything

>>26565393
thank you
>>
>>26565765
aww poor baby trying to defend his corporate overlords
>>
>>26565789
You'd like to believe that, except I've known people who are macho enough they want to smack the shit out of a thief rather than avoid the risk of assault charges. A lot of people are fucking animals.
>>
File: 2.jpg (230 KB, 680x907) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
230 KB, 680x907
>>26564700
>Anyone else a nigger?

fixed it for ya
>>
File: 1448815218425.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1448815218425.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>26565765
back before society, this was a viable option retard

>being proud of indoctrination
>>
File: 1454204858958.png (347 KB, 705x500) Image search: [Google]
1454204858958.png
347 KB, 705x500
>>26565865
>only colored people steal
>whites are native to America
>>
>>26565917
You missed the point, mate. OP does bad thing and he should feel bad, he's distancing himself from a position in which he can steal legally from his subordinates' mental and physical labor.
>>
tj maxx and marshalls are incredibly easy to steal from. there is no LP in stores (1 guy comes to review tapes after a big hit and that's it) and the regular employees and managers can't stop you. you can literally say to their face that you're stealing and they can't do anything. just grab as many purses as you can carry and walk out. park far away or at an angle where they can't see your car and that's it. they can't even go out to see your car/plate. pretty fucking dumb but that's their policy
>>
I stole everyday for 3-4 years and I stopped when I got caught last september. Turns out my country has a kind of program considered it as a youth error. Oh well.

I stole everyday, I stole everywhere I went, sometimes multiple times a day, oh well I really don't remember. I stole so much stuff. Sometimes it was because it costed too much, sometimes it was because the waiting line was too line, sometimes I just didn't want to break my 20$ bill or get out my credit card, or I was in a hurry so I stole to save some time, sometimes it was just for fun.

I stole 10-15$ every week at the same grocery store. There comes a time when you just get used to it, it's everyday business. You see something, you realize you can steal it, you put it in your pockets then afterwards you ask yourself if you really want it. If no, you put it back if you feel it would take too much space if you took it back (for instance, a USB key didn't have that problem, I didn't mind stealing myself a 4th USB key because anyways I always lose them).

Well whatever. It was regular business. Just make sure you do it with your back turned to the cameras, and no stress. They won't try to find the thief unless you made a very big move. Even if I stole everyday at some places, managers probably thought it was all done by multiple people.
>>
>>26565982
>inb4 people try this and get apprehended by security guards
>>
>>26565885
haha yeah life was awesome before civilized society, i wish i was a peasant that would be awesome
>>
File: wrestling.jpg (35 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
wrestling.jpg
35 KB, 450x253
>>26566036
You stole a lot of things, but you didn't steal her heart.
>>
My mom is a kleptomaniac. I am not exaggerating either. Our house is full of shit that she's stole, mostly from thrift stores, because they have less security and new things almost daily.

My mom goes to Goodwill or Salvation army practically every day. She loads her cart with things she wants, takes the cart into the dressing room, and puts all the things in her huge purse. (Think of something like a ladies beach bag but leather and lots of pouches. These are common among old women so it doesn't look strange.) She also switches price tags to get larger items that aren't purse sized for free.

When I was I kid I thought it was normal. She taught me how to shoplift, and we would regularly do shit like steal rocks from construction sites, steal corn for our horse from neighboring farms. Hell, one time she dug up flowers from a public park. I didn't really think of it at the time but that one was really fucking low. She also stole rocks from our elderly neighbors property.

Oh, and the first computer I had was one she stole from storage at her work. We were too poor to afford one and everyone else in my class had a computer but me, so mommy risked her job just for me.
>>
>>26565974

stealing from corporations isn't bad

do you even see what is happening?

if you simply knew how much the store buys shit for, and knew how much they charge YOU for it, you'd sing a different tune

this isn't taking into account of what they use the money they do gain from over charging you on.. Think.
>>
>>26566036
>shoplifting because the lines are too long
I've done this.
>>
>>26566036

The place I got caught was a first for me, I never even went to that place. I think the manager was looking at the cameras, because he's the one who caught me. He was waiting at the door, and as soon as I paid and opened the door to leave, he asked me to empty my pockets. I was like, oh well, shit happens. Turns out we got in the basement of the store and he called the cops, I was supposed to receive a letter to go in court, I could've had a criminal case, but as I said earlier, I got away with all of it because it was a small crime. I didn't even go to court. I was later told I was really lucky, and that I got this slip-out because of my attitude towards the policemen. I admitted I stole, I was very peaceful, no anger towards them, and at the same time I really showed that I learned my lesson (I did, because it prevented me from going to a trip in british columbia that was in two weeks, so I was quite unhappy with that).
>>
>>26566072
*she switches tags to get lower prices, not free. ugh
>>
>>26566072
>rich people stealing from goodwill to feed their horse for free
>>
>>26566056
People would most likely not make it pass their childhood if they couldn't adjust to the relatively comfy modern day western living condition.

>>26566081
You're missing the point, I'm telling OP to look at the long run.
>>
holy shit in 8th grade my friend and i would shoplift snacks at the nearby safeway before going to school

those were fun times
>>
>>26566068

well I'm on my way to do that, she has a boyfriend but things are gonna work out someday, even if it doesn't I really have fun with her, you may call me a cuck but I prefer being a cuck than to not see her. And yes, she knows I love her a lot, and she shows me more and more love with time passing.

One day, anon. Sorry for dodging that sick burn you wanted to make
>>
>>26566113
We're not rich. We live in the country, hay is cheap. We have no heat in our house in the winter. My room is the only one with a space heater, my mom uses electric blankets.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (128 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
128 KB, 633x758
>>26566139
It's alright, all the power to you.
>>
>>26566145
Can't you just burn hay for warmth during winter since it's cheap?
>>
>>26566153

I'm still a virgin, I browsed /b/ a lot back in the days
>>
>>26566121
>long run

you think those companies give a shit? "In the long run", you are essentially working to give corporations money to control you.

Who do you think buys all the judges? Makes the laws?

I bet you think art sales in museums are really just that, huh? not that anyone is laundering money or anything because thats totally not what it is
>>
>>26564700
Shoplifting ain't worth it

There are cameras everywhere and eventually you're gonna slip up
>>
File: skeleton.jpg (419 KB, 1240x930) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
419 KB, 1240x930
>>26566192
>I bet you think art sales in museums are really just that, huh? not that anyone is laundering money or anything because thats totally not what it is

>inb4 illuminati
>>
>>26566072
Stealing rocks

the absolute madman
>>
>>26566153

gosh coming here always breaks my heart

you're not alone
>>
>someone saying that shoplifting hurts the consumer
>prices are lower than ever at walmart
>walmart big whigs millionaires

OH NO, MR SHEKELSTEIN WONT GET THAT 400k BONUS IF YOU GUYS KEEP STEALING!

Fuck off, as someone that has worked at walmart, no one is getting hurt when some fat fuck walks out of the store with 3 plasma TVs.

Theres a thing called MSRP that FORCES retailers to set specific prices because of competition

Even if a store is losing money, they wont just fucking raise the prices on everything because customers will go elsewhere.

I encourage everyone to steal from walmart as much as possible, because the only one you're hurting are people that are already rich anyways, and they wont even fucking feel it.
>>
>>26566239
I don't think anyone would feel bad if walmart gets fucked over

this is the store that spies on it's employees and immediately fires them if they even say the word "union"
>>
>>26566219
there are cameras everywhere sure, but you generally need someone to actually see the crime to have any idea of when it happened. There isnt some hawk eye on cameras 24/7 looking at every single customer in the store.

As long as people aren't obvious about it, LP guys wont notice it
>>
File: 1454425547021.jpg (20 KB, 343x248) Image search: [Google]
1454425547021.jpg
20 KB, 343x248
>>26566225
>i believe that this old piece of scrap some fag drew on is worth 100
>being this underage

>>26566260
walmart is better than albertsons at least. I've worked at both places, and earned more at wally, than Al's. Even got treated better at walmart
>>
>>26564700
Nah too risky. If you get caught, it will leave a nasty stain on your employment prospect.
>>
File: kek2.jpg (4 KB, 145x130) Image search: [Google]
kek2.jpg
4 KB, 145x130
>>26566239
ye right, once people start stealing they will stick to stealing walmart exclusively
>>
>>26564737
You made that thread earlier lol
>>
>>26566311
You're implying there aren't already thousands of people that steal from walmart exclusively already.

Not only can you do it without feeling bad about it, It's easy as fuck because of how large and busy they are.
>>
>>26566367
So thieves have some principal in the lines of stealing only from large corporations, huh?

Are you gonna hack their mainframes too while you are at it?
>>
File: A3ANE93.png (8 KB, 450x401) Image search: [Google]
A3ANE93.png
8 KB, 450x401
>>26564700
I used to shoplift daily from about 7-8 right up until like 17 I would do it, I started so young because I grew up in a low income neighborhood and many people around me stole including my parents so I started emulating them. I have a lot of tales I could share about stealing I don't do it anymore but I have a lot of memories of when I did.
>>
>>26566460
Have you ever stolen from a sex shop?
>>
>>26565458
my friend fucked up his xbox one hdmi cable while drunk

what he did was go to gamestop, buy a new xbox so we could play for the weekend, then he put the broken hdmi back in the box and returned it

kek

that cable is worth like 50 bucks i think
>>
>>26566574
>hdmi cable
>50$

is that uganda dollar
>>
>>26566623
the gamestop would ave charged us 70 bucks for a new xbox one hdmi
>>
>>26564700
No, because I'm not a lowlife nigger and I'm not going to put myself in a situation where I'd get into trouble with the law for a pair of fucking sneakers.

>I justify my actions ...
Those aren't justifications, those are excuses.

Rights don't disappear because you deem someone to have "too much" (whatever that means) money.
>>
>>26566623
>>26566636
oh fuck im retarded, it wasnt the hdmi it was the power supply

fuck me
>>
>>26566234
They are the huge, decorative ones. It was always a bitch to load and carry them but my mom would flip shit if us kids didn't help since she's too weak to do it.
>>
>>26566693
around here you can get rocks for free my nigga
>>
Btw what do you guys think of a youtube haul channel where I showcase the dumb shit my mom has shoplifted? She really does come home with the most bizarre things that no one would ever want or need.
>>
I've stolen books from my uni library.
>>
>>26566728
now this is actually scumfuckery
>>
>>26566682
wew mate, that reassures me, you can get HDMI for dirt cheap and they work just the same as those expensive ones
>>
>>26566751
I only did it for the thrill actually. I hate myself.
>>
>tfw psychopath
>tfw i would steal but i have a green card and im not a citizen yet so if i get caught im probably fucked
>>
>>26564700
Yes, I've lifted over $10,000 worth of stuff in the past year.
I use it to get all my clothing, some groceries, and then sell popular items for the rest of my groceries, to supplement rent, and shop at small business/restaurants.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 800x800
>>26567281
Lol epic!!!
Original post
>>
>>26564700
One time I went to walmart and picked up about $300 of PC games up that used keys for online activation. I took them to a deserted aisle, opened up the boxes, photographed the keys, and then put everything back. Next time I went to that walmart they had little protective boxes on all the PC games kek

The games I did were a WoW expansion, SC2+expansion, the d3 expansion, a Civ 5 complete pack, elder scrolls online, and a couple others i forget

Haven't really stolen anything else that I can remember
>>
>>26568336
OP Here

I generally do something similar for games I want to use myself as well. Just open the box and take the thing with the key on it, then put everything back in the box.

I generally peel everything real nice too so im able to cleanly repackage it so they never know
>>
I got really good at stealing Warhammer models and paints from GW stores. Never the FLGS.
>>
>>26567281
Would you please share how you do this? I need to make a few hundred dollars in a couple weeks. Just a little info, I can piece it all together if I have to
>>
>>26565700
I don't steal, but they budget for theft. Unless there's a ton more theft than what's anticipated on their books, prices won't change a bit.
>>
>>26565789
This.

To ensure extra protection, go at a time when there's an edgy teen or mid-aged black woman working the counter. These type of employees almost always don't give a shit.
>>
>>26568731
I shoplift minor things at the Walmart self-scanner. (It's so easy to do with the new self check outs.) There's this fat older lady who looked me directly in the eye once and glanced down at the water and milk that I put on the bottom of the cart, and she didn't say a word. Walmart employers are treated like shit, if I were them I wouldn't care either.

Of course you'd be a fool to just assume you'll get away. There's always busybodies who have to fuck other people over just because they can.

Also, with the self scanner machines, if you have a very light object the machine can't detect its easy to scan two in your hand at once. You can also take the bags off the belt and put them in your cart next to large items that don't have to be bagged, and the cashier will assume you already scanned those. I steal cat litter using this method.
>>
File: 1450333484151s.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450333484151s.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>be me February 2015
>driving through the asshole of america (utah)
>stop in st. George for gas
>sees an albertsons
>go's inside to see if they sell slingshots
>tfw no slingshots
>>
I always wanted to burglarize a home
>>
>>26564737
Oh shit I remember you
>>
>>26564700

I think you pretty much stated it in your OP, but would you say that the key to never getting caught is to never get greedy?

What kind of mindset do you have that allowed you to not become greedy and raid the same store more than once every 4 months? Isn't that just too much time? Wouldn't once a month also be enough?
>>
>>26567281
How to steal clothes
>>
>>26569130
put them on underneath your own clothes in the dressing room.
>>
>>26567083
>psychopath

TWISTED
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.