[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /existentialist/ here? >always trying to be authentic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: sartre.jpg (238 KB, 655x500) Image search: [Google]
sartre.jpg
238 KB, 655x500
who /existentialist/ here?

>always trying to be authentic
>never making excuses
>>
>>26564236
Even Sartre rejected the label "existentialist". You ought to as well.
>>
File: 1366825187887.jpg (10 KB, 194x273) Image search: [Google]
1366825187887.jpg
10 KB, 194x273
what the actual fuck is the difference between existentialism, nihilism, and cynicism?

i see people fedora memeing all 3 but i dont know why, i dont know what these belief systems are

this is all i've got.
>nihilism
nothing matters
>existentialism
why should it even matter
>cynicism
everyone is a faggot
>>
Authenticity is a facile unverifiable fantasy game that we play within the boundaries of our own minds and immediate social groups.

Life is joke and the punch-line is death, the sooner you get over the absurdity of existence the sooner you can help me kill everybody and defile their bodies with my dung.
>>
>>26564292

nihilsm: nothing matters, therefore everything is pointless.

existentialism: reality doesn't have any meaning, YOU create it.

cynism: everyone is a faggot.

absurdism: nothing matters, and that's why it's great
>>
>>26564245
Can't get an ought from an is.
>>
it is impossible to be original
>>
File: Stirner02.jpg (22 KB, 220x567) Image search: [Google]
Stirner02.jpg
22 KB, 220x567
>>26564236

Who /egoist/ here?

>Am as inauthentic as I feel like from moment to moment
>Will make any excuse if it serves my interests
>>
>>26564292
>nihilism
there is no meaning or value in anything
>existentialism
nihilism is true but that sucks so we'll make up some meaning
>cynicism (philosophical)
the way to be happy is to just fucking scrap everything and be a hobo

cynicism isn't really related to the first two very much
>>
>>26565326
so existentialism and the absurd are 2 separate things?

i thought the absurd was a component of existentialism
>>
i just punched a bee because pain isn't really real
>>
>>26564236
OP stop being a poseur. If you were any kind of existentialist you would be nauseating yourself with this thread.
>>
>>26566224
existentialism, nihilsm and absurdism is the same tree, just different branches
>>
>>26565326
Absurdism sounds cool.
>let's do all this crazy cool stuff because we fucking can
>i want to make a 20 foot ice sculpture for the fuck of it
>we're on a floating space rock and nobody can stop us!
>>
>>26565326
why is great/not-great philosophical points?
>>
>>26564236
Sartre was a pretentious hack and a literal cuckold. He also looked like a bug.

>Sartre has also been noted for his open relationship with the prominent feminist theorist Simone de Beauvoir.

>He was awarded the 1964 Nobel Prize in Literature but refused it, saying that he always declined official honours and that "a writer should not allow himself to be turned into an institution".[5] According to Nobel committee member Lars Gyllensten,[6] Sartre asked for the $53,000[7] prize money later on but was turned down.[8]
>>
>>26566288
kek

>nausea
>>
File: albert-camus.jpg (202 KB, 1381x874) Image search: [Google]
albert-camus.jpg
202 KB, 1381x874
>>26566569
Agreed. Being and nothingness is the only thing I can read by him without cringing. I think his marxo-feminist bullshit is why he and based womanizing-alpha-genius Camus fell out.
>>
>>26566501
i don't think i understood the question..
>>
>>26564236
Are you trying to be authentic or original? In my mind, someone who specifically avoids doing superficial things is trying to be original, whereas authenticity would involve staying into what would be considered superficial as one wishes.
>>
reminder that these threads are for NEETs who think that knowing the names of several philosophers and other fancy words makes them smart
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.