[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would your life been better if you lived, lets say, in the middle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 19
File: 1443667703391.jpg (64 KB, 538x482) Image search: [Google]
1443667703391.jpg
64 KB, 538x482
Would your life been better if you lived, lets say, in the middle ages?
>>
No
I would be burned as a witch
I give off magical vibes I can't help it
>>
I have epilepsy, so I'd probably be burnt at the stake at some point.

But if I were physically healthy, I think I'd do pretty well overall. I can read and write and do math which is a massive leg up over like 90% of the population. I'm also a Catholic with a pretty good understanding of the Bible.
>>
>>26562373
I would probably be a peasant, born, tied to the land of my ancestors harvesting a measly crop and still giving most of it to the lord, dying and never traveling more then a few miles from the place I was born.
>>
>>26562373
As a peasant? I was born a runt so I'd be fucked.
As a low-level scribe working for a lord or wealthy merchant? Maybe.
>>
>>26562459
this would be my fate, heck I'd probably be already dead by now.
>>
I'd stink and probably be really depressed and hungry all the time. My family would treat me like absolute shit because of religion and the closest I'd come to having any pets is working on a farm and killing and eating the only friends I have.
>>
I have double vision, I wouldnt be able to hunt or do anything worthwhile, id probably be murdered by the village or something
>>
>>26562373
I be more inclined to become a thief and live out innawoods. Set random fires everywhere possible. Be Devious
>>
I'm upper middle class so I'd probably be a knight
And if not, being a professional soldier is fine with me
>>
>>26562518
>middle ages
>hunt

Only nobles could hunt. Peasants just farmed all day. But I guess the double vision thing would still be an issue.
>>
I imagine it'd be pretty easy to slip under the radar if you really wanted to
Like run away and fuck off into the woods or something

Population wasn't that high so it's not like everywhere was settled, right?

Would be boring as fuck tho, I mean what would you even do?
>>
>>26562549
upper middle class = yeoman = farmer. think of yourself lucky, yeoman. maybe one day you can sell your farm to become a knight.
>>
>>26562373
It would be worse but I wouldn't know any better. Odds are I'd be a peasant, buy a wife for a few pigs and work non-stop until Baron Cuntingdale decides to levy me in a fight with one of his rivals in which men covered in metal and riding horses will crash into me and kill me.
Or I'd be a noble myself, live in considerably better conditions than the plebs but be constantly fending off poisonings and fucking my relatives.
I'll take now but it seems like a romantic idea. The idea of being a brave adventuring Knight is really cool but now that I know what I know, I can't imagine not having piles, dysentery and dying of syphilis.
>>
I would seriously enjoy having sex with my filthy peasant wife.

Seeing her dirt-caked face and smelling her body odor

fuck...
>>
>>26562565
He would just be like "I see funny" and they'd think he was stupid or give him a last name based on it.
>>
My family was actually minor nobility up until the late 1700's or so, so living in the Early Modern period with my arranged marriage qt would be nice. Even after that, basically everyone in family is well-educated.
>>
>>26562585
Not that anon but ackshually the middle class were merchants
You are right about knights just being upper class, however
>>
>>26562580
>Like run away and fuck off into the woods or something

It was done more than you'd think, or we'd be doing way worse than we are now.
>>
>>26562528
Same here
tfw you only live off pickpocketing people in the rich stores
>>
>>26562666
>live only near water sources
>develop way of fishing
>live off fish
>set random fires in/around local town
>steal from places at night
>set horses free randomly
>do absolutely everything to fuck with people
>>
>>26562589
Watching her die in labor leaving you with a child that you hate because you won't damn God.
>>
>>26562707
Losing an annoying wife in return for offspring sounds pretty alright. In case my loins burn I could always just fuck my hand or horse
>>
>>26562701
>village sets up watch
>you get caught
>they go medieval on your ass
>>
>>26562701
>tfw you're spotted one day and someone makes hue and cry
>you're tracked to your hideout, delivered to the sheriff and then hanged for your crimes
>>
No. I'm bad at manual labour and craft. I'd have to be one of the educated few.
>>
>>26562373
You're asking this question to a bunch of well fed upper class fat neckbeards who had everything handed to them in life but would give their left testicles for a tyrannical genocidal totalitarian government to force them into the boy scouts or some shit.
>>
No, life would be absolutely terrible. I'd have to do stupid amounts of back breaking work, have hygiene so bad even pissbottle robots would smell better and there would never ever be a chance to escape the shitty life I was born into

This is like the ancestry.com ad where the black guys wish they could go back in time a century or so
>>
>>26562701
>set random fires in/around local town
Be Brutally murdered
>set horses free randomly
Be brutally tortured
>>do absolutely everything to fuck with people
Become hated and they torture your family
>>
File: Oh no.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Oh no.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>no toothpaste
>no vaccines
>no AC
>no fresh water
>no thanks
>>
>>26562760
>>26562761
>>26562787
Since it's ye olden times wouldn't I just die young anyway?

I could always just hop from town to town :)
>>
>>26562739
You'd kill your infant children by wiping their ass back to front or feeding them honey or some shit. So just rape the woman instead of marrying her and kill her after.
>>
I'd be a different person completely if I was born then though.

Literally none of the things that have shaped who I am would exist. My entire family heritage (and thus the entirety of my genetics) would be different. Every single thing I've ever seen, thought or done would be removed.

So sure, maybe that guy would have a better life. But he wouldn't be me.
>>
>>26562823
>I could always just hop from town to town :)
The moment you step into town everyone is watching your every movement, you have no place to live, and it takes minimum 10 years before slowly gaining their trust.

You have no money, no way of surviving, You starve to death on the streets.

Nice plan faggio :)
>>
I would've died at 15 when my appendix burst. Kind of kills any enthusiasm about living in the past when you would've died at any period other than the present.
>>
>>26562919
oh shut the fuck up you little faggot
>>
>>26562373
I'd be following the footsteps of my icelandic brothers, raiding and pillaging hopefully. I'd be a pretty tall, buff viking dude with green eyes and black hair. that's so baller.
>>
>>26562925
>leave my town at 15
>fish to survive
>sneak into towns and look for pregnant cows
>suck their udders for super milk
>needing money
>I rob/threaten women and children
>kill people in woods and rob them
>fresh food every day and water from fishing
>eat bugs for protein
>poop into stolen sacks and use them as repellent for bigger animals.
>wash myself clean in river before going into new towns

:)
>>
>>26563045
you can get small pox for doing that udder shit. most of them didnt drink milk. just water
>>
>>26563045
You'd get killed pretty quickly if you tried stealing and attacking the weak
>>
>>26563045
Just shut the fuck up you cock mongling fag.
You dont have these skills becuase youre a fat neckbeard and the plan wouldnt work anyway, you would be killed or die in a matter of weeks.
>>
File: 1452762601600.jpg (88 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
1452762601600.jpg
88 KB, 620x465
>>26562508
they would hang you if you didn't go to church every sunday
>>
>>26562459
Nice meme. If you wanted to you could go on a pilgrimage (assuming you don't get killed by bandits on the way) and there's a good chance you'd try to run away to a city to escape your lord.
>>
>>26563094
Why are you so mad in a what if thread autismo.
>BE REALISTIC REEEEEEE

Okay, I'll work on a farm every day and die when I'm 37.

Man, what a fun and entertaining response.
>>
>get bubonic plague
>die
>>
>>26562373
>have to work for a living
>die of natural causes at the ripe old age of 31

no I don't think so.
>>
>>26562701
get caught, chop off your sperg hands
>>
>>26563094
>I'll do this!
>no you can't do that
>Ok I'll do this.
>nope not allowed to do that
>ok..I'll do nothing.
>good.
>>
File: notbeingcalled.jpg (37 KB, 546x512) Image search: [Google]
notbeingcalled.jpg
37 KB, 546x512
>>26563125
You're a literal retard if you think they actually did that.
>>
>>26562373
Dunno. My upbringing would be different. My parents circumstances would be different. The culture would be different. My values would be different.

Didn't sink in to depression until age 20 and in the middle ages I would've been married and had kids before then.
>>
>>26563145
>Okay, I'll work on a farm every day and die when I'm 37.
>37

whoa okay look at Mister I Want To Be The Oldest Man Alive over here
>>
>>26563094
fishing is fucking brain dead easy. stop projecting your uselessness and neckbeard onto others
>>
>>26563084
Maybe. With no technology though and all the vast untamed land, it would be hard for anyone to find you. By preying on vulnerable travellers and trade convoys, I think it wouldn't have been too hard to make money as a hedge robber. Just don't stay in one place for too long.
>>
>>26563145
>>26563168
>>26563207
Suck my dick.
We would all probably die in infancy, or live out short miserable lives farming some local lords land for fuck all money, then die.
>>
>>26563064
You would get cowpox and then never able to get smallpox

That's how we got smallpox vaccine

Vaccine literally means cow in Latin
>>
>>26563169
Openly rejecting religion wasn't really an option though.
>>
>>26563084
I highly doubt, people were afraid of absolutely everything back then.
>break into house
>OY m8 Imma turn u into a fookin newt
>AAAAHH m8 m8 m8 take moi shit yeh
>fanks bitches'eth
>*leaves*
>>26563252
Make excuses for not going to church
>>
>>26563237
>suck my dick
I'd probably be the only other human to see it besides ur mum
>>
>>26563252
You weren't going to get hanged for not going to mass every Sunday though. Even the dreaded Spanish Inquisition only killed around two thousand people during its entire history.
>>
>>26563297
Lol do you show ur penis to ur mum thats gay pham
>>
>>26563317
look it up faggot
>>
>>26563317
>You weren't going to get hanged for not going to mass every Sunday though.

It would be really weird not to go; it was a community thing. I'd imagine it would only be okay if you were really sick or something.
>>
>>26563245
I've played my fair share of mount and blade and I know that's not true
>>
>>26562373
If I was born a nord yes
>>
File: requiem.jpg (263 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
requiem.jpg
263 KB, 1200x1600
how real is it that if I was 6'6" 230 lbs to use this like Seigfreid
>>
We'd have been the serfs or paupers starving in the mud while the royal order of chad knights rode around and fucked all the maidens.
>>
>>26563340
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/jun/16/artsandhumanities.internationaleducationnews

Here you go. My only regret is that I can't copypasta from encyclopedias.
>>
>>26563473

100% historically accurate and very possible
>>
99% of the people in this thread have been so cucked by the Jews that they believe that material pleasure and well being = happiness.

You're wrong. You're all miserable and you live 100x more comfortably than the people you're describing. Struggle builds character, which is something I can tell the vast majority of you lack.

To be born in 1016 is infinitely preferable to being born in 2016.
>>
>>26563473

>he didn't train from child
>Thinks he can wield the Dragon Slayer

hahahahax
>>
File: 1442856271146.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1442856271146.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>26563505
so just because someone is saying that the inquisition wasn't that bad that the community would be pissed that you don't go to church and wouldn't brand you a hethen/heritic, satan worshiper, what ever
>>
>>26563556

well you know what faggot?

thats bullshit but i believe it
>>
>>26563556
I get what you're saying and agree to some point, but in 1016 they wouldn't be thinking "One day the world will be a dystopian nightmare, might as well go hiking or fishing *for fun*" they'd be religiously cucked
>>
>>26563556
you say so but you do not list the benefits brother.
>>
>>26563609

it probably varies between comunities

but hey i aint gonna go around on anonymous imagboards telling other people what is was like 600 years ago
>>
>>26563392
No point in arguing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox_vaccine
>>
I'm sure at least for me, things would have been a lot better in the middle ages. Have some nice parties in the village, no worries about being fired from a job because you always have one, drinking wine in the evening with everyone, lots of social interaction, and no spying on you over the internet like the gov't does now.

It would be really easy going, you know what?
>>
File: 1455537850657.png (140 KB, 543x400) Image search: [Google]
1455537850657.png
140 KB, 543x400
>tfw no sugary treats like chocolate and crisps invented in 1016.

why even live mans, bam bam dila bam bam
>>
File: 1445399432379.jpg (162 KB, 374x452) Image search: [Google]
1445399432379.jpg
162 KB, 374x452
>>26563473
I would so rock a 2h or snipezor with my epic bow skilz. like just loot the nearest corpse for their armor
>>
>>26563668
Tripping on moldy bread and dying of syphilis.
>>
>>26563689
OMG! is that dog drinking coke a cola! too funny, hope you dont mind if I save this one jeffrey?
>>
Atleast I wouldnt ahve been a manlet back then at 5'11. Still probably a shitty farmer.
>>
>>26563691
who wants to live when they're fucking old and serve no purpose? especially in the middle ages. they had the life made for them nigger, before the jew took over
>>
File: misc-spiderpman-l.png (462 KB, 1431x1500) Image search: [Google]
misc-spiderpman-l.png
462 KB, 1431x1500
>>26563706
how did you know my name
>>
>>26563691
You don't get syphillis from moldy bread.

And I wouldn't eat it anyway, I'd eat the ok stuff instead.

Life would be really nice
>>
>>26563609
And they'd tell the Priest to check up on you, and he might call in the Inquisition. You could do all kinds of shit to piss off your neighbors. I don't have it with me, but I even read an account where the Inquisition found out about an old man willingly allowing his nephew(?) to cuck him with his 20-something wife so that he could pass on his property to a member of the family, and all he had to do was go to confession and stop allowing it. He was reported because the neighbors wanted to buy his shit at auction. The community couldn't just kill you willy-nilly, there was actual government.
>>
>>26562373
yes I would've died an honorable death
>>
>>26562373
I wot I'll be dead in a ditch fore long irrespective.
>>
We'd all have social skills because we wouldn't be able to stay inside all day and play video games or watch Japanese cartoons

And you could just become a monk and no normalfags would ever bother you if you're uber autistic
>>
File: miscmaymay.jpg (6 KB, 250x151) Image search: [Google]
miscmaymay.jpg
6 KB, 250x151
>>26563714
>thinking you'd have the nutrition to real 5'11' in medieval times
>>
>>26564099
>he doesn't know that Medieval peasants ate a balanced diet of natural grains and fish and water; no soda

Medieval diets were way more nutritious than modern diets are kiddo
>>
>>26564099
Scandinavia did it, and their diets were rich in oats, meats and fish. They also drank milk.
>>
>>26564120
>being able to roast people on their nutrition
>being a manlet

Pick one
>>
>>26562949
Wow you're kind of an asshole
What'd he do to you?
>>
>>26564214

The vast majority of manlets are cucked by genetics rather than nutrition. If a person doesn't have the genetic potential, no amount of food will help him grow to an adult height of 6 foot.
>>
>>26564241
he fucked your mother and i was sticking up for you? what the fuck is your problem? he goes and fucks your mother and you have a problem of me calling him a little faggot?
>>
>Would probably be a peasant
>Could die of pretty much any disease
>Would probably never leave my village
>If I ever left my village there would be a 50% chance of getting raped, robbed, or killed on the road
>Assigned marriages made women more likely to cheat because no love
>No birth control
>Everyone super religious
Sounds fucking awful
>>
>>26564345
Actually, diseases would be less severe like the influenza strains. Most of the diseases back then would be easily curable in your immune system since lots of diseases have mutated into deadlier strains. Quite interesting, for example glycoprotein shells for viruses which makes them awkward which is a 70 year old mutation.
>>
My ancestors until 4 generations ago were Sipahis administering large tracts of land. One of them actually took part in conquering my country, another one fought against Dracula, there's even a folk song about how tyrannical and evil my ancestors were- so shit would be pretty fun.

Although it makes me wonder how a bloodline bred for hundreds of years for war and ruling plebs could produce someone like me.
>>
>>26564390
There is no winning against viruses. It is the earliest form of life and most adaptable. To surrender to it or fight it, both have the same end result.
>>
>>26564345
>would probably be a peasant

is being a neet honestly preferable to being able to eat by your own hand and raise a loving family?

>could die of pretty much any disease

death isn't something to be afraid of.

>would probably never leave my village

this is a common myth made up by freemasons in the 19th century

>If I ever left my village there would be a 50% chance of getting robbed, raped or killed on the road

Confirmed for learning everything about life from movies

>assigned marriages made women more likely to cheat because no love

women always cheat. love doesn't exist. they should be kept in their place, cuck.

>no birth control

Gypsies and witches sold birth control herbs and condoms were in use

>everyone super religious

If religion was valued in society normies won't be able to be degenerate fucks. no problem here.
>>
File: British Troops Victorian.jpg (266 KB, 1000x775) Image search: [Google]
British Troops Victorian.jpg
266 KB, 1000x775
>>26564345
Actually, you would be surprised to find that arranged marriages usually report considerably higher levels of happiness than non-arranged.
>>
>>26564427
http://www.flu.gov/about_the_flu/h1n1/ Sorry to educate you, but acshually thats not true
>>
File: BerserkGuts.jpg (75 KB, 608x732) Image search: [Google]
BerserkGuts.jpg
75 KB, 608x732
well, if I survived my birth (was a C-section) I think life would be pretty baller for me

>6 foot 5
>would be a fucking monster among men considering the average height at the time
>might get picked up by some noble or knight because of my size and childhood aggression
>would get to go down in legend like those other really tall dudes that had huge fucking swords
>travel around as a mercenary like a real life guts

mite b cool

But realistically I'd probably die during my birth and that would be that
>>
>>26564475
That's because they TRY. They put in the effort. People today have a belief that love will carry them through everything. That love is a feeling that just happens and is magical. I don't know if Disney is to blame for that.

Reality is that you have to work on love. It is a natural feeling but it dies unless nurtured. You can grow to love someone and you can nurture that love to keep it going. But if you don't put in the effort, then it will fade.
>>
>>26562589
no toilet paper...
>>
>>26564549
erection intensifies
>>
>>26564549
whos to say I wouldn't think of my own suitable alternative back then pleb?
>>
>perfectly healthy
>overall constitution of an ox
>long-lived, healthy genetic history
>have no problem killing shit
>like cold, rain, clouds and so forth

This might pan out. Which part of the middle ages are we talking about? Family are Germans and Woadniggers, so this could be ok or horrible, depending on where I'm placed.
>>
>>26562373
If I wasn't a serf or some peasant then yeah I think I'd do alright.
>>
No, I would have died young from some butt related disease since toilet paper didnt exist just like 90% of people on this board.

Or mouth related, or being bled by 'doctors', or any number of 'incurable' diseases.

How we even made it this far as a species is astounding.
>>
Probably. I'm a skinny little faggot NEET and lately I really just wish i'd be taken as a slave and forced to train as a gladiator or something and sent to my death for amusement or glory.

Something about being given a purpose and forged into something or die trying to become something I should be just sounds nice.
>>
>>26564640
You probably post nihilist memes on facebook. If you were the little or weak of your siblings, you would be dead. If you were the big, healthy one, you're fine. Barring a lance to the chest, you're pretty much guaranteed 40 good years of life, at least, assuming you make it out of your early childhood.
>>
>>26564640
You use moss and leaves, stupid. Have you never been hunting or camping? Also, if you eat natural food, and not processed sugar corn, it comes out in something like a short bratwurst, not a "I only own a microwave" sticky mash.
>>
>>26564640
Lack of toilet paper just meant people washed their ass with water. If they could, if they were rich. But you'd have thought a lot more people died of hemorrhoids or infected ass if they just let the shit sit there.
>>
>>26564693
>having a facebook

I come here to little, I forget reddit moved in
>>
This is where I belong
>>
I am a homosexual so no because gay marriage wasnt legal back then
>>
>>26564730
>>26564724
ass related diseases were a leading cause of death before running indoor water and toilet paper were invented. There are many documentaries and books on the subject. You should read them or watch one, its fascinating that most people died of crusty assholes.
>>
>>26564730
>died of an infected ass
I'm going to get bowel cancer and this will go on my tombstone. I just know it.
>>
>>26564776
As if you're getting married in this era
>>
>>26564782
i've got crohns disease too :( bowel cancer is imminent
>>
>>26563317
>only killed around two thousand people
You are aware the population of all humans wasn't anywhere near the current billions. This was practically Hitler tier.
>>
>>26564860

This is well crafted bait.
>>
File: it_cant_be_helped.jpg (24 KB, 259x181) Image search: [Google]
it_cant_be_helped.jpg
24 KB, 259x181
>be 5'1" manlet
>become Scythian priest and take proto-estrogen and anti androgenic herbs at prepubescent age
>show the middle ages the wonders of boipussy
>make good money and only ever fuck with muh goat intestine condoms
>some butthurt faggot reports me to the local lord
>two possible outcomes
>get burned for witchcraft at 24
>become lord's secret degenerate boipussy slave for the rest of life
>>
>>26564907
>5'1 in europe

You'd be burned alive for being the spawn of a witch
>>
>>26564956
desu I'd probably end up the shut-in village witch who gives local villagers herbs to help with illness, and birth control and secretly has a feminine penis.

If I don't get killed first.
>>
>>26564956
>he doesn't know where Scythia is
>>
>>26562373
Probably, since most of my skills and interests would probably have been socially acceptable then.
I'd probably be a farmer or craftsman economically, but maybe I could worm my way into a militiaman or ranger position.

Although the contrarian faggot answer is that without the aid of modern media and information resources I would never have developed said skills and interests.
>>
All you beta fucks would die at the hands of alphas.
>>
>>26562373
I think I'd do ok. I'm 6'5 and 180lbs. Either be a farmer or a bodyguard. Idk but this was interesting to think about.
>>
Probably, yes.

Would I survive as I am now?
Hell no.

But if I had been raised and manage to not get the plague or been killed by a viking, I think my life would have been better, if just more simple.
>>
File: Buttons_wig.png (389 KB, 862x614) Image search: [Google]
Buttons_wig.png
389 KB, 862x614
>>26562373
I would rather wish to be born in the 18th century and fight the britcucks in America
>>
>>26562373
As someone of a high education and handy with tools, I would probably either be a carpenter, a weapons smith, or even a monk. Medieval life sounds pretty comfy. I don't mind the religious emphasis as I am already Christian and have nothing to worry about. The middle ages weren't as bad as many faggots on here make it out to be. Plus, there weren't any niggers in Europe.

I wonder how no one here mentioned anything living in America in this time period. What tribe would be comfy?
>>
>>26562373
It would probably be objectively worse in most ways but I would probably be happier
>>
>>26562373
I'd be dead by now.
>>
File: Medieval_baker.jpg (210 KB, 800x495) Image search: [Google]
Medieval_baker.jpg
210 KB, 800x495
>>26565659
it sounds comfy, but the diseases and the psychopathic christcucks worry me
>>
File: 1439402222215.jpg (53 KB, 497x499) Image search: [Google]
1439402222215.jpg
53 KB, 497x499
>life still sucks but at least it will suck for everyone else
sign me up
>>
>>26565730
Diseases was probably more common in the more urbanized trade centric areas. I am pretty sure living out in the wilderness didn't get too much exposure from that many germs. The psychopathic Christians didn't become a thing per say until the inquisition or after the black plague. Not to mention, you didn't have junk food back then and the physical labor would had made you healthy and strong. Socially, there are taverns, music, natural food, and depending on what part of Europe you live in, nice weather. You generally didn't have too much stress like these days as all you had to do was either do your job, pay the royal taxes, and possibly get married if you wanted too. Education is also optional too, but most people back then valued specialist more than all rounded people.
>>
>>26565829
Some example of Medival "Dance" Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaRNvJLKP1E
>>
>middle ages
>good life

choose one
>>
>>26565853
Not to mention some of the outfits of medieval times were very colourful and quite attractive looking even today.
>>26565972
Peasants didn't live as long as modern people did, but they had a pretty comfy life as long as diseases didn't get to them. As I mentioned before, Medieval life wasn't as bad as many people like to claim.
>>
>>26562373
>tfw ywn see the glory of the Roman Empire restored
>tfw ywn go to mass in the Hagia Sophia ever again
>>
>>26565829
>>26566042
>cherrypicking
Nah man. Read a book or something, not everyone is rich and fancy lad
>>
>>26562373
yes because i wouldve died in a war or some sit
>>
Id be a bandit rapist, probably castrated and burned at the stake if caught
>>
>>26566341
You can just go to a monastery and live a neet life of gardening and writing.
>>
>>26566341
Peasant life wasn't all that bad. As long as you had a place to sleep, some food, and were healthy you would be fine.
>>
>>26566341
Even then, what if you weren't born in Europe around this time but instead somewhere in Asia, the Middle East, or perhaps America? I heard that specifically for the Aztecs, as long as you weren't some captive from another tribe, life would had been pretty good before the Spaniards.
>>
>>26563237
Do you enjoy being miserable?
>>
Yes, I would have been given a purpose, likely farming, I would be born into the Catholic faith, and I would live my life as my father before me
>>
If I was born as even a more minor noble,I`d do incredibly better than how I`m doing now.For one,I`d get laid a lot more,I`d have a wife and children granted from an arranged marriage.And I could go hunting,which seems to be more fun than vidya by a lot.
>>
File: French_taunting_8745.jpg (11 KB, 237x242) Image search: [Google]
French_taunting_8745.jpg
11 KB, 237x242
Let's guesstimate our economic opportunities based on our family trades.
http://hkcarms.tripod.com/occ.html

My surname doesn't indicate a specific trade so I'll just extrapolate from their modern trades.
>Grandson of a Carpenter
>Son of a Sailor/Navigator
>Family owns decent amount of land
feels good peasants

>tfw working class irl
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.