[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do girls lie like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: image_40.jpg (278 KB, 1018x1121) Image search: [Google]
image_40.jpg
278 KB, 1018x1121
Why do girls lie like this?
>>
It makes them look good when their friends see them posting things like that. Increasing their social status.

Each and every single one of those comments from those women are all strategically placed for their own personal agenda.
>>
> Expecting any form of logic or honesty from a female.

They lie because it's in their nature. It's like asking why water is wet. Women lie because they are women.
>>
>>26550257
they do it publicly, then in the company of their friends they make fun of how much of a fucking alien abomination she is and how her clothes don't suit her at all. Females are manipulative and are programmed to tear each other down by nature.
>>
because they are girls
>>
>>26550276
>strategically
You make it sound calculated, it's just how they're built.
>>
File: 1407556714424.png (264 KB, 396x421) Image search: [Google]
1407556714424.png
264 KB, 396x421
not lying, they're talking about oinkers, dumbass
>>
So do they think their actual cute friends are all gorgeous too or is it all a ruse and they consider everyone to be ugly?????

>also yfw that thing gets more sex than most of the people here
>>
More importantly, how do hideously deformed girls feel about comments like this? They must know where it's coming from, know there is no amount of sincerity, but do they appreciate it all the same?

I'd rather not be patronized like that, but then I was born a male and that danged toxic masculinity has taught me to value myself on what I can actually offer this world.
>>
>>26550327
> then in the company of their friends they make fun of how much of a fucking alien abomination she is
No they don't. Once a person reaches a set level of disfigurement women will never insult them, because they consider it no longer acceptable to do so. Ugly people get made fun of, horrifically disfigured people are complimented both in private and public to show how virtuous they are.
>>
I reckon the girl in the OP does not appreciate those messages. They literally say "ignore my face".
>>
File: 1455646931200.jpg (26 KB, 731x565) Image search: [Google]
1455646931200.jpg
26 KB, 731x565
>>26550469
This
The retarded kids in high school got complemented while I got shit on. Feels bad man
>>
It's so fucking patronizing, jesus christ. Like the girl obviously knows about her situation but these vapid whores are climbing all over themselves to spout dumb, unnecessary and over the top compliments. It's practically just rubbing it in that she's truly not beautiful

It's sickening
>>
I think the comments are referring to the black pig. Otherwise I can't believe how cynical one can be
>>
>>26550700
I don't know what you're reading here.
>>
>>26550257
all she wants to hear is: "you're ugly and it's okay"
>>
File: 1449128396477.jpg (56 KB, 545x607) Image search: [Google]
1449128396477.jpg
56 KB, 545x607
I was eating when I saw this and actually gagged.
>>
>>26550767
>You're ugly, focus on something else in life like a career and study
That's the hard truth that kids need to hear, not some fucking bullshit about how beautiful they are so they grow up valuing physical appearance so highly only to find out later in life that they're fucking ugly.

It was crushing when I realized I was ugly. I absolutely hate how everyone lied to me and told me I was handsome
>>
>>26550457
>how do hideously deformed girls feel about comments like this?
I had a very ugly friend who decided to become tranny. Hambeasts spam his photos with this adoring shit, and now he write that he's "so cute >w<" on his own photos.
Estrogen basically turns humans into preening narcissistic garbage, a woman would believe you if you told her she had divine powers she controlled with her anal sphincter.
>>
>>26550741
I meant the grills in OP's pic, not the comments here
>>
>>26550767
This. Same with people who tell their sucidal thoughts. I think they don't want to be cheered up, but receive some acceptance.
>>
>>26550257
they're just trying to be nice :-(
>>
>>26551632
No, they want attention. People who share suicidal thoughts don't actually intend to go through with it, they just want people to throw a pity party for them.
>>
>>26551752
I don't want attention, I just want my parents to admit to me that I was the biggest mistake they made in their young lives and they're actually not proud of me.
>>
>>26550257
Whats wrong? The pigs face is very beautiful, and it looks perfectly like a pigs face
>>
>>26550482
She posted that to fish for attention
>>
>>26551802
Jesus christ anon.

Maybe they don't actually think that
>>
>your face is so perfect
I mean this girl is just mimicking the others. What a fucking retard. You can't point out her flaws is that he point is that you're supposed to say everything else is great so she thinks less of it.

It's a retarded idea but it's atleast following some logical thought.
>>
>>26550257

look psycho she's got a disability, so fake comments are like a kind of wheelchair for her condition, ok? jesus christ get some empathy
>>
>>26551905
I really think my father wants to say something but can't.
>>
>>26551802
Why do you need to hear that from them? If you feel like you're a failure, then that's your problem at this point. It couldn't help you in any way for them to tell you that.
>>
>>26550257
This picture is like a compilation of all the things that make me cringe.
>Please ignore my face
Well don't put a picture where you are the center of attention then.
I mean it can't be her first time using social media, I think she knows she will get those pity comments.

But damn I can't even begin to describe how vain the commentators are.
OBVIOUSLY she is ugly as fuck, and she knows it.
But right now she is a teen so of course she'll like those compliments even if fake as fuck.
What about learning about her and finding something real to compliment?

She post a picture to get some attention and some fake ass comments, and those girls comment just to feel good about themselves. Everybody is happy everybody is a good and beautiful person.
>>
>>26552035
I just value honesty more than anything. I can't stand being coddled. Maybe it's autism, I dunno.
>>
>ignore my face
Honestly, what she wanted to show was the situation. She should have been looking at the dog.

It's not obvious because this was probably not taken to be posted like that. It's good to learn from these things though. Maybe she should be looking at things other than the camera.
>>
>>26551937
But I mean she isn't delusional right ?
If everybody started complimenting me about my appearance when I'm legit deformed, I would find it really weird.

I mean sure she is a teen right now so she must love the attention, but in the long term this is stupid as fuck
>>
File: good dog.png (76 KB, 244x152) Image search: [Google]
good dog.png
76 KB, 244x152
>>26552103
>She should have been looking at the dog.
Why?
You obviously weren't.
>>
>>26552103
There's always the possibility that the person holding the camera told her to look and this was just the best photo they came back with that day.
>>
>>26550257
>names blocked out
FUcking why?
I want to look up this girl to find out what's wrong with her but I can't because you felt the need to protect the identity of some attention whores.
>>
>>26551937
Maybe it's a girl thing but generally comments that are obviously untrue are interpreted as condescending.
What should have been done here is just what she suggested and wanted. Ignore her face focus on everything else. Ask questions about the pig or whatever.

This is painfully cruel and I just want to say sorry on their behalf and hug her. It's just tragic.
Might a well be a video of a person being bullied.
>>
if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all

they have something nice to say
>>
>>26552145
Yeah. Well that's exactly the point though. I had a very hard time not to look at her face so if that's her wish she should probably work towards assisting me ignoring it.

>>26552157
Yeah that's very likely. I'm not saying that she did the wrong thing at all. I'm just saying that she probably shouldn't give people mugshot when she's concerned about that. I can't really know the circumstance it's just advice.
>>
>>26552186
In that case I suppose the saying should go "if you don't have anything nice to say, pretend you do".
>>
I don't know man. I understand the sentiment that you shouldn't say nice things you don't really mean because it's patronizing. On the other hand, I do it all the time and it really makes people feel close to you and easier to manipulate. I don't see the point in doing so on a Facebook image post though.
>>
They are casting shade.

They sound like good people, trying to be nice.

They are making her think about how she is not what they are saying.

It's like if some girl said that your junk was "interesting."
>>
>>26551937

You're a fucking retard

Do you understand the concept of patronizing?
>>
>>26552275
It's patronizing when it's so obviously false to everyone around. Gentle encouragement isn't patronizing when false, nor is playing down someone's mistakes a bit, as long as the aim is just to keep them going. Dishonestly affirming what people already think about themselves isn't patronizing either, but it is manipulative and I think that's a bit of an ethical issue.
>>
>>26550257
Didn't read the thread, but we've had this discussion before and almost everyone got this wrong.

True answer is:

Those girls hey are trying to connote that words don't matter by uncoupling them from their established, factual senses. They are doing this unconsciously, of course, but that's what happens: When you call a hideous person beautiful, the absurdity of it is interpreted as 'wtf -> clearly they can't be serious -> so this means that, hm, hmm, that they use those words figuratively in the sense of "true beauty is in the inside", or "what matters is making the other person feel good by complimenting them, words are only tools to make people happier" or someshit -> all right, fine, why not, let's use language this way, let's use words like "beautiful" not as objective descriptors, but as mere connoters of positive feelings, "cheer up!"'.

It's basically an attempt to 'deliteralize' language by connoting 'fuck objective evaluation of words' applicability'.

/thread
>>
Those girls are not being nice, they are being sarcastic and bitchy.
>>
>>26552376
What is your major?

Also,
>/threading your own post
Not your job, m8.
>>
>>26552410
>What is your major?

You're expecting 'psychology', but if my fleeting interests in Latin, Old Norse, PIE, C, and BNF ever meant anything, it's linguistics.

>>/threading your own post
>Not your job, m8.

I never /threaded a post that wasn't mine.
>>
>>26552376
(They do it, of course, for the end aim of the fact that when 'beautiful' is made uselessly figurative, in the 'everyone is beautiful' fashion, then by extension 'ugly' is made meaningless as well -- so in those girls' short-sighted opinion, they are doing a good thing because the deformed girl won't be, given that she embraces figurative language, as offended by being called 'ugly' either. When language as a whole is being made taken with a grain of salt, no word really matters anymore.)
>>
>>26552448
I was actually expecting linguistics. My figuring being that you've read some things about the development of language and have started over-analyzing meaningless exchanges and their effects. But hell, maybe you're exacty right, I can't know.

Still:
>I never /threaded a post that wasn't mine.
Don't do this.
>>
>>26552084
Yeah, you want attention
>>
>>26552553
What's wrong with wanting people to say what they genuinely believe is the truth?
>>
File: 1455716190275.jpg (11 KB, 264x249) Image search: [Google]
1455716190275.jpg
11 KB, 264x249
>>26550257
NIGGA LOOKS LIKE SHE JUMPED OUT OF WALLACE AND GROMIT
>>
>>26552641
Nothing wrong with seeking attention to try and cover up failures in your formation. Nothing wrong with trying to lie to yourself either. Just don't try to lie to other people. That's an ethical problem you should be working on. My five cents.
>>
>>26552772
Where is the lie? I see how people look at me all the time, I just wish they would say it out loud.

>cover up failures in your formation
I'm literally saying I want others to acknowledge these failures and tell me what I am, they insist on covering them up,
>>
>>26550257
dude she's got a pet pig. That's fucking dope
>>
>>26550413
This makes sense.
That's a really cure pig.
>>
>>26550767
High levels of this.
She literally said "ignore the face", she knows she's a serious uggo and she's accepted it. What she needs to be told is that she isn't the best looking but that she shouldn't be caring about it. I don't want to sound like a "b urself" spouting ass but the best thing she can do here is to own her ugliness or just ignore it and focus on other things.
I actually kind of envy her, because she's so far away from a romantic relationship she can do anything she wants without worrying about not having a boyfriend.
>>
>>26551937
>disability
No disability, just ugly.
She also realises how ugly she is and just wants to show people a cool pig without pic related happening.
I'm empathetic but that's just coddling and lies, it's not a wheelchair, it's like saying "you're literally perfect" to a quadriplegic.
>>
>>26552186
That saying just makes me so irrationally mad.
It's almost "b yu'reself" tier.
Negativity is good, sometimes you need truth, not lies. She knows the extent of her facial disfigurement and she wants either truth or for people not to be liars.
>>
You'd look like an asshole if you were to be intentionally blunt about someone's problem, especially when it's obvious to anyone, which in this case you'd stand out like an autist.

Besides, she probably realises that they're just "being nice" and knows that it's pointless feeling negative about something they can't naturally improve. Maybe you should accept that too.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.