[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_ dFRnmdGs&index=23&am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: forward_head_comparison300.jpg (20 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
forward_head_comparison300.jpg
20 KB, 300x228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs&index=23&list=WL
>Do this twice a day for a month.
>???
>Holy fucking shit it works.
>>
>>26539259
describe the video faggot
>>
Why does the pause and volume controls not appear on embedded youtube videos anymore?
>>
> guys guys give me views!
>>
i dont want your clickbait faggot this is supposed to help us not cuck us into getting you views
>>
>>26539870
The video has 1mil views, I don't think a few of us using adblock will make a difference
>>
good posture accentuates my gyno so no
>>
>>26539259
This guy is just going on and on and on. He just loves to hear himself talk.
Describe the video or fuck off.
>>
I did lots of pushups for a couple months and that worked wonders with my posture
>>
The way he talks makes me want to punch him unconscious.
>>
>>26539949

Basically he talks about doing exercises to correct forward head posture which makes you look like a creep, takes away from your height and communicates submissiveness.

I had that problem for a long time because of too much sitting in front of a computer and also because I got really fat and many fat people do this reflexively to hide their double chin. I found this and thought what the heel lets try it. I did it for a month now:

I look an inch taller, the only problem is it does kind of accentuate a fat neck if you have it (which I do) and your man tits. Still most people say I look better. Objectively everyone sees your fat- tilting your head forward isn't going to hide that. But standing up straight makes you 50% less beta.

>>26539853
>>26539870
Yeah, because r9k is the place to shill for a fitness channel. Just found this very useful thought maybe someone else might too.
>>
>>26539259
thanks I just tried it it was actually kind of hard, oddly I felt it a lot in my lower back, hopefully it will help my bad shoulder too.
>>
>>26539914
This. My tits look so perky and firm when I stand completely erect.
>>
>>26540674
Yeah, it hurt like hell at the beginning and my joints were squeaking so loud someone standing next to me could hear it. After about a week that stopped.
>>
File: 41+JjHTYgVL._SX300_.jpg (10 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
41+JjHTYgVL._SX300_.jpg
10 KB, 300x233
>>26539914
>>26540833
Same thing as double chin: everybody knows you got man tits, don't fool yourself. Standing up straight at least fixes one telltale of robotdom.

Also, get one of these, they also help with posture and are a less humiliating alternative than actually tying down your magnificent manudders. If anybody asks it's for back pain.
>>
>>26539259
someone explain this shit to me. how the fuck does flapping and climbing ladder against a wall help? wtf is he talking about turning a computer on/off...
>>
>>26540981
Activates your cervical spinal nerves, which flex your neck and also innervate your arms allowing you to do those movements.
>>
>>26540981
Most physio exercises look easy but are actually very strenuous for people who need them. A forward head is about one group of muscles being too tight and another one being too weak, these excersises stretch the tight ones and strengthen the weak ones.

I was skeptical myself but it really works. Reddit has taken to trolling this guys videos for some reason, so most faggots in comments saying it's bullshit are redit fagotts.

As for the on/off thing: he claims another reason this works so well is because it activates nerves that are responsible for muscles that help maintain posture - exercising nerves is a thing I know from experience after physio following an accident but I don't know if that 100% correct in this case. Anyway, it helped me a lot.
>>
>>26539853
>>26539870
This video's been around for years, you faggots.
Saw this a couple years ago and did it for a while. It helped. Glad I found it again

>inb4 i'm shilling
stay hunched, niggers
>>
>>26541154
>>26541082
he seems legit. perhaps i'll try it and just hope its not a "make your own crystals" troll that actually fucks you up
>>
>>26539259
i did this once a day for a year and it completely fixed my posture after ~3 months. but i keep with it to counteract my computer use.

make damn sure you are tucking the chin or its useless.

start today anons. this guy is genuine.
>>
>>26541366
>"make your own crystals"
?

Also, no it's legit. Before I became a robot I was a gymfag and helped people who couldn't afford a physiotherapist for pocket money- this is a lot like what I had them do for fucked up necks and shoulders.
>>
Got some pain in my upper spine when tucking my chin, is that normal?
Also arms went tingly when flapping
>>
>>26541503
its an oldfag reference to an image on /b/ which told u instructions to "make your own crystals", but actually made mustard gas.. part of the instructions was to breathe into it to use the carbon dioxide to make the crystals.. but obviously killed you instead

any advice for anterior pelvic tilt/lordosis? i heard glute exercises and thrust stretches that stretch the hip flexors..
>>
>>26541526
Use a pillow to begin with you might be trying too much too soon.

Arms going tingly is most likely connected to the nerves running through the shoulder.
Have you injured them at some point?
>>
>>26541526
That means you need this shit urgently, like most robots probably. If pain goes from annoying to unbearable or if you have trouble moving your arms after more than an hour has passed then you are so far gone that you need to take it slower, visiting a chiropractician or physio probably wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>26539259
And what does it do exactly? How does this guy's life improve when his chin is here<___________________as opposed to here?
>>
>>26541663
huh? this is an original comment?
>>
>>26541582
Ball exercises are good for lordosis. All that balancing and pelvic thrust shit.
>>
>>26541663
probably saves you from crippling back pain in the future and get slightly more respect from others
>>
>>26541663
It makes him look a lot less like a beta cuck than before and he has fewer back problems / smaller likelihood of getting hurt during everyday activities. also he won't look like a windswept linden tree come age 50.
>>
>>26540968

Hahahahah >wearing an actual manbra

>Tfw just got flashback of school changing room where stereotypical Chad asked what size bra I wear and everyone lost their sides at my expense

Started lifting since then though
>>
>>26541960
>Work at a call center for one of Europes largest informercial retailers.
>We take lines for one block of commercials so we mostly only sell those five products.
>One day a full torso griddle for old women comes into rotation
>90% of calls are German men over 50 ordering the damn thing.
> I presume a lot of Swiss ones also wanted the thing but I never understood the fuckers so I just sold them our most over-priced coffee makers, never got a single complaint or reprimand.
>>
>>26542120

>I never understood the fuckers so I just sold them our most over-priced coffee makers, never got a single complaint or reprimand.

based yuropoor
>>
>>26539259
Wow. I can't touch my neck to the wall. Is that bad?
>>
I dont even have to watch this video to tell you that posture matters alot, in many, many ways.

you wanna be a man, or a mouse?

it's like you faggots keep discovering things I've known for years
>>
>>26542195
Not neck, back of head. The most critical thing though is to tuck your chin (like you would your penis) otherwise it's of no use.
>>
>>26542243
Knowing that posture is important and knowing a way to fix it that is proven effective are two different things.
>>
>>26541154
Do I keep my back flat against the wall? Isn't my back supposed to have some curvature? My ass is pretty big actually so it's literally impossible for me to put my heels and small of my back flat against the wall
>>
I like hunching though. It's a subtle notification to people that I'm depressed without ever having to say it
>>
>>26542341
The most important thing is to have the back of your head against the wall with your chin tucked back properly, the top of your back (shoulderblades, tips of shoulders) should also be against the wall as well as your heels. Don't try to press the curve of your neck or of your lower back against the wall- that's not necessary. If you have lordosis, work on that separately, maybe someone can recommend exercises for that.
>>
I'm going to add one good neck muscle trick to this thread. When I get a neck ache, I do a facepalm, but with my palm on my forehead. Then push forward with your neck and resist with your palm. Do this while moving your head down, then look to your left and use your left hand to resist, then look to your right and use your right hand to resist. Hold each position for 15 seconds. All my neck pain goes away.
>>
>>26539259

Whats the voodoo witchdoctor selling this time?
>>
I forced myself to have good posture after someone made fun of me in high school. it hurt my back and shoulders but eventually after a while of doing it, people started to compliment my posture when I wasn't even conscious of making myself have good posture. after a while of forcing I guess it just came naturally. that was years ago and I still have really good posture and get compliments on it.
>>
>>26539914
>>26540833
iktf bros. i'll look at myself in the mirror with different postures, and every one of them is a win-lose scenario. i'm either slightly hunched, or got proper cones coming off my chest
>>
File: 1454054781969.png (32 KB, 644x788) Image search: [Google]
1454054781969.png
32 KB, 644x788
>>26539259
Or lift weight, retard. Ohp fixedx my rolled shoulders
>>
>grew up poor with neglectful parents
>parents never buy the kids undergarments
>puberty hits
>+2 conical nubile boobettes
>still no undergarments
>little boobies always obvious through poorly fitted clothes
>nipples always at full powerful from the gentle chafing
>always feel like a deviant

I adopted a very sexy posture with back hunched and shoulders pushed forward to hide them. OP's solution seems perfectly low-effort enough to try.
>>
>>26543011
Lifting wont necessarily fix bad posture, worst case scenario it gets even worse. Plus lifting before attaining decent posture increases your risk of muscle/tendon/joint damage.
>>
what do I do for a nerve pain + numbness in my left back behind the heart/shoulder
>>
File: _500.jpg (55 KB, 500x473) Image search: [Google]
_500.jpg
55 KB, 500x473
>>26543091
>worst case scenario it gets even worse.

>tighter muscles
>making it worse

Are you retarded or just plain 'ol stupid?

>Plus lifting before attaining decent posture increases your risk of muscle/tendon/joint damage.

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>26543219
Go to a neurologist. Failing that lose weight and work on posture.
>>
File: 1453066803966.jpg (21 KB, 346x375) Image search: [Google]
1453066803966.jpg
21 KB, 346x375
Now that we have a gyno thread..
I'm a recovering landwhale, 5'10 and 310 to 250 currently, and I have huge tits. My hip size has gone down a little, but my gyno hasn't moved. If I go skeleton mode and starve myself with , will I finally get rid of these fucking things? I took loads of Paxil back in school and noticed them a year after.
>>
>>26543239
Yes, bad posture tends to lead to bad form, bad form leads to you fucking up your musco-skeletal system, basic medicine you faggot.

This won't happen if you take it easy at the start and take great care to stretch, maintain form and work your whole body in a balanced fashion with free weights - but it's a lot easier to fuck up if you start out with bad posture.
>>
File: 33.png (33 KB, 295x317) Image search: [Google]
33.png
33 KB, 295x317
>>26543384
>Yes, bad posture tends to lead to bad form, bad form leads to you fucking up your musco-skeletal system, basic medicine you faggot.

Sorry, but you are wrong again, not trying to sway people out of lifting because you are a gutless faggot who cant tense his body, look in the mirror at the gym and lift a dumbbell. I went against your autistic advice, which not only fixed my posture, but my shoulders are broad as fuck now that's how back my shoulders are from my 55kg OHP.

>bb-bbbut fix ur [osture first bro bfffobbfore u lift

Get the fuck out. No wonder you're a weak dog.
>>
>>26543384
>but it's a lot easier to fuck up if you start out with bad posture.

no it's not if you start with light weights you stupid cunt.
>>
>>26543378
a lot depends on if the gyno is fat tissue, or breast tissue, oriented. unfortunately, a lot of the leeching plastics (tv dinners 'cause of neglectful parents), medication, etc. oriented gyno is mostly breast tissue, which means losing weight will typically accentuate them more because of the surrounding body losing the excess fat, but your tits still being 80% there
>>
>>26543624
And how do I tell which is which?
>>
>>26543463
>>26543481
You faggots fail basic reading comprehension.
>This won't happen if you take it easy at the start and take great care to stretch, maintain form and work your whole body in a balanced fashion with free weights - but it's a lot easier to fuck up if you start out with bad posture.

Once again for the retards:
I didn't say you need to have good posture to start lifting or that lifting can't help with posture just that being a fucking hunchback will make it much easier to pull/tear something.
Proper posture makes it less likely you will have problems during everyday activities and especially during strenuous activity also some people are so far gone that need to take care what kind of lifting they do at the start/supplement with physio excersises- what is so fucking mythical about that concept that it doesn't get into your head.

Also, yeah, you're the only people here who ever stepped into a gym.
>>
>>26543659
it's pretty much impossible to tell on your own, you need to see a doctor, and even then, you might need a mammogram to confirm.

there's gyno that can be some breast tissue with fat on top, lots of breast tissue with a bit of fat, and even a mix of the two throughout (which is what I've got). outside of a mammogram, going under the knife, or going skeleton mode, there ain't much that can tell you for sure.
>>
>>26540635

So what are the exercises faggot?
>>
>>26543840
I know this is a radical notion but: maybe watch the video? You cunt.
>>
>>26543463

I lift and I think that other guy is on to something. You can still lift and have muscle imbalances and postural problems. The other day I found out from my doc that my left back is more developed than my right, probably from using the same mixed grip on deadlifts all the time.
>>
>>26543463
>hur-dur just go for those mad gains, fuck your joints and tendons. posture, form, balance fuck that nerd shit.
have fun looking like quasimodo.

>55kg OHP.
topkek
>>
>>26543771
Can you solve this by sticking a large bore needle in and hooking it up to a vacuum?
>>
>>26539853
even if he was the original uploader you'd have to be pretty stupid to think views will do anyone bad
>>
>>26544667
Even if I wanted to shill instead of helping out fellow robots, who the fuck here doesn't have adblock and noscript.
>>
I get kinda lightheaded after a session
feels kinda groovy. dat rush of blood is pretty intense especially after dabbing
>>
straight posture requires more energy

no thanks
>>
File: hkYd2z1B.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
hkYd2z1B.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
>>26539259

Christ, that was exhausting. I have it pretty bad.

Am i supposed to do the second time right after the first?
Also how should i sit while in bed or walking?
>>
>>26545576

>Am i supposed to do the second time right after the first?
That would be best but it can wait for a couple minutes.
>>
Anyone got a recommendation for treating lordosis?
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.