[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where does the energy your body houses go when you die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1454817877457.jpg (150 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
1454817877457.jpg
150 KB, 600x640
Where does the energy your body houses go when you die?
>>
>>26471966
I mean, it could go a lot of places
probably to the bacteria decaying your body first
>>
>>26471966
>>26472005
Cute thread.

I stare into the face of darkness...
>>
File: 1411906624678.gif (546 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1411906624678.gif
546 KB, 640x360
>>26471966
the air motes deliver it to babies
>>
File: dfsfdq.jpg (6 KB, 259x163) Image search: [Google]
dfsfdq.jpg
6 KB, 259x163
We have heat and energy due to all the chemical reactions going on while we're alive. When our organs shut down at death we stop these reactions and there is no more heat or other form of energy, then bacteria come in and start doing their own shit. So to answer the question: the heat we have left gets absorbed by the air or anything touching us, we don't produce any more energy then we rot.
>>
File: Giygas.jpg (249 KB, 1012x401) Image search: [Google]
Giygas.jpg
249 KB, 1012x401
This thread reminds me of "On the Soul", & that we lose 21 grams at the exact moment of death. One theory states this is due to our soul leaving our body. If there is such thing as a soul, and it leaving our body is the explanation for the occurrence, where could it go when we die?
To blend with the aether, finds its way to some paradise, or nowhere in particular? Regardless, it is liberated from the prison that is our body.
Attempting to define the soul is one of the most difficult questions in the world. Rather interesting to think about though.
>>
File: cross_lg.jpg (130 KB, 415x720) Image search: [Google]
cross_lg.jpg
130 KB, 415x720
Praise the lord. Paradise arrives upon death. Whether that is a literal paradise, where you can walk among your ancestors, or if it's just the end of you, it will arrive.
>>
>>26472068
This

>>26472345
Thoroughly debunked, the "you lose weight when you die" thing was an attempt to prove the existence of the supernatural by natural means, impossible by simple definition.

If you want to believe in an afterlife of some kind, you can choose to believe in the many worlds theory and interpret it as there existing a universe where you live forever.
>>
File: Death.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Death.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>26472392
Relieving, isn't it? Komm, susser Tod.
>>26472449
>was an attempt to prove the existence of the supernatural by natural means
Source?
>>
>>26472465
You put the positive claim that the 21 grams was lost upon death. Burden of proof lies with you.

Source?
>>
>>26472465
Ich habe Sie erwartet.
>>
>>26472482
I read an article some time ago.
Here's the source for skeptics.
http://www.livescience.com/32327-how-much-does-the-soul-weigh.html
>>26472507
Schon dich hier zu haben, Tod.
>>
>>26472345
>21 grams
Probably the fecal matter being released from your bowels and the gases leaving your body.
>>
>>26472555
>sample size of 4

Jesus christ how horrifying. You need at least six to be perform basic statistics. That assay is literally garbage.
>>
if youre buried, i guess earth bacteria n shit eat your flesh and yeah
>>
>>26471966
if you mean literally... to decomposers.

if by energy you mean the soul god knows
>>
I want to be buried in a cardboard box with a sapling planted above me so I can be a tree
>>
>>26472574
Yeah, I wasn't aware his results were inconsistent either. There were several articles positing this as fact, which were probably biased.
>>
The universe favors low energy states. The very light by which you read this is given off by electrons shedding energy to return to their normal, unexcited configuration.
>>
You'll sleep for an eternity and then start this life again over when the universe repeats, only you won't be aware of the time between
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.