[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a bad idea to cook for someone on a first date? First ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: lmaofatfuck.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
lmaofatfuck.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
Is it a bad idea to cook for someone on a first date? First ever date, on fucking valentines day, and I forgot to grab a reservation anywhere. Pls respond. I'd probably end up making chicken parm or some basic bitch pasta like carbonara.

>Captcha is 3200 NO
T-thanks.
>>
>>26464383
It's not a great idea, but you can make it work. Just don't throw some spaghetti on a plate and call it a day. Make something for an appy, get a dessert, get some flowers.
>>
>>26464383

Cooking is great for conversation. Even if you fuck up, as long as she has a good sense of humour, you'll be fine.
>>
>>26464383
http://diethood.com/rosemary-garlic-no-knead-skillet-bread/

Here's a really simple recipe that people think is fancy as fuck.
>>
>>26464383
not if you have a wine and clean your house and make the atmosphere nice. Atmosphere is everything. Don't go dark on the first night, too intimidating. Also having her at your house for the first date might be walking a thin line. It might be too intimate for her too fast. Or it might seem creepy because she doesn't know you well and you won't be in a public place she can bail if she ends up being too uncomfortable.

Keep the lights on, set the table nice, and fresh flowers on the table, off to the side but not in the middle, are great. Also have a movie ready to watch or even a video game to play, mario party or that amiibo animal crossing game are cute and not heavy on her if she doesn't play for after dinner.

good luck anon
>>
>>26464383
Do you guys know each other? If she doesn't know you very well or at all chances are she's not going to want to go to your house all alone
>>
File: cos.jpg (307 KB, 2316x1343) Image search: [Google]
cos.jpg
307 KB, 2316x1343
I think it's a great idea.
Make sure you have pudding pops for dessert.
>>
>>26464383
If you can cook well, it's a good idea.

If this is your first time cooking anything other than microwaved TV dinners, it might not turn out that well.
>>
>>26464383
I fucking love carbonara, but I don't know how you americucks make it tho. I'd go with it if it's also really good in America, but generally No, it's not a bad idea. I think it's kind of even more romantic tbqh. As >>26464435 said, just don't give her a sandwich or a can of tuna and you'll be fine.
>>
>>26464538
Also, will the dinner be ready when she arrives?
>>
>>26464383
>hey r9k you guys should be able to help me out with my relationship problems :^)

you should die
>>
I forgot to mention I am an okay cook, normally make my own food and all that shit.

>>26464538
>>26464531
Yeah I didn't even consider this, thanks robot. I guess I'll continue looking for a place.

>>26464638
And no, though the kitchen and dining room are open so I just assumed we could continue talking while I cooked.
>>
>>26464383

it's a terrible idea

don't overinvest, faggot. that's needy and creepy and not sexy at all.
>>
Welp I booked a sushi place, thanks for the advice robots.
>>
>>26464383
Normie here. I cooked for my gf the first day we met I cooked for her. We fucked hard and long that night. Vietnamese girl. Tight as fuck, and still is.
So yeah, if you're good at it, do it.
>>
Y'all like curry? I've had some success with mild red curries early on in relationships. It tastes complex and awesome and is pretty easy to pull off (curry paste, fish sauce, coconut milk a little sugar and some choice vegg along with corresponding protein). BTW.. cooking for someone implies you are either having them over or going there. Might be kind of a strong/creepy move for a first date. What's the weather like? Is a picnic an option?
>>
>>26464383
It's a bad idea to have a first date on Valentine's Day.
>>
Depends on the quality of your food and your cooking skills. If you can cook some really nice lobster or fancy pasta stuff you'll be okay, but if you try to server cereal and milk you're fucked.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.