[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all take a moment to laugh at Atheists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 28
File: jesus.jpg (58 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
58 KB, 600x400
But much limited edition Dawkins signed mountain dew fedora
>>
>>26454757
Militant atheists are literally fucking cancer

I'd give them a week to get with the program or be vanquished. The world would be a better place
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>26454757

>He actually believes there's a man in the sky.
>>
>>26454806
>He actually believes nothing created anything and we sprang from nothingness
>>
>not being gnostic
YHWH is NOT my god he is a devil and the king of lies
>>
File: 1439244634244.jpg (225 KB, 1600x1590) Image search: [Google]
1439244634244.jpg
225 KB, 1600x1590
>>26454829
>he fell for a self-reinforcing thought loop
>>
>>26454806
God isn't a man. God is a being of pure energy and light. We all got our lfie and consciousness from his energy. Energy is eternal and cannot be created or destroyed. God cannot be created or destroy. We have a piece of him, of his energy in us. He created our flesh and create order in the universe and on Earth. He set the seasons for plants to blossom. He set up the phases of the moon and rotation of the Earth. If you knew anything about the world around you and how perfect the universe it is and how scientists can understand it with math you wouldn't be shitposting. He demands order, our flesh has become corrupted and we have broken his rules and perfect universe. Men fucking each other in the ass is like taking a shit on someones essay and writing fuck you on it. That is why it is sin, I hope you understand fool.
>>
File: pwIt9O1.jpg (538 KB, 1152x1536) Image search: [Google]
pwIt9O1.jpg
538 KB, 1152x1536
>>26454757
Why are atheist overwhelmingly feminist, pro-(stupid gender), ultraprogressive, pro-fat, anytype of sexulality and over all sjw's?
>>
File: 1428976792054.png (313 KB, 506x518) Image search: [Google]
1428976792054.png
313 KB, 506x518
>>26454757
this thread is guna be really good and NOT cancerous i can ASSURE you man
>>
File: feelsgood_trump.png (295 KB, 383x441) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood_trump.png
295 KB, 383x441
Religious butthurt is the absolute best
>>
>>26454848
why does these conversations always go straight to buttfucking as the source of all evil? it's overrated, there's no biological precedent for needing to defend yourself against constant anal penetration, so there's no reason for it.

you say, "don't do anything that's bad for you. this is the word of god. the word of god is perfect and you should obey it because its perfection is plain to see."

it's so broad that it covers all manners of behavior, when you apply it to your life you think you have this amazing powerful insight when you've just brainwashed yourself into thinking common sense is divine.
>>
>>26454880
Because "progressivism" feeds on itself until it spirals out of control until it reaches the point of placating literally everyone except Christians
>>
>>26454848
did you know at the time the bible was wrote the average iq was 70 which would be considered as retard in todays age?

>>26454829
we just still dont understand how the universe started yet but scientists can admit that and are still working on an answer which is better than god created this god has a plan god loves me better than the 3rd world starving little niglets.
>>
>>26454848
be gentle with the earth the bible says. yet here you are typing through a computer that's powered by coal, which has been blasted from the earth with chemical-laden water that fucks with the environment, you eat food through a grain thresher that crushes all kinds of animals, that has been treated with pesticides that destroy EVERYTHING but the specific crop you want.

i know countless christians who live like this.

then instead of logically saying, "we went too far. there are too many people." it's "GOD IS PUNISHING US FOR ALL OF OUR EVILS!"
>>
>>26454942
>did you know at the time the bible was wrote the average iq was 70 which would be considered as retard in todays age?
Yes but I do know that IQ is very redudant and is a measure of knowledge in math, english, etc. It doesn't make you smart if you have an high IQ. IQ measures how much knowledge your brain has retained and how much education you have gotten in your life. Which is why teenagers are the smartest age group and IQ declines as you get older. IQ is nothing special.
>>
I fucking can't stand atheism for many well-researched and reflected reasons.
proud to be catholic.
>>
>>26454970
Pride in any view you hold is retarded
>>
>>26454953
>be gentle with the earth the bible says
It does not say that, you are most likely quoting the verse: Revelation 11:18: The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and small-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

You are a fool and do not understand the bible. It is talking about judging every bad man on the Earth who has caused pain and suffering to other people. Like Stalin and Hitler who killed millions and lived their lifes pretty much in luxury.

And this verse was wrote for you:

1 Corinthians 2:14: But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.
>>
>tfw atheist because I do not need religion to give me morality and the incentive to adhere to it
>tfw most people do need that
>tfw most atheists argue against religion
>tfw I am in support of it
>>
>>26454990
no, it isn't, you fucking weirdo.
it makes you feel great because it creates a sense of belonging, hence why patriotism is a thing as well and good for a country's overall morality.
>>
>>26455022
you're not allowed to have feelings if you're atheist. atheism rejects feels. too bad. back to being a biodrone with you. you made your bed, now lie in it.
>>
Religion is the biggest joke of this world. There are persons who actually need purpose for their lives and can't just admit that we don't know anything about the world but no they need to believe in a old fiction and they can't act morally without that. You guys are the scum of earth and you should just kill yourselves because you're not going to go to hell anyway as it doesn't exist.
Faggots.
>>
>>26455052

I want Atheists to die.

I hate Atheists so much that I consider them worst that Radical Islamists.

I hate them so much I LIKE MUSLIMS IN COMPARISON

why did you have to do this to me, God?
>>
>tfw would actually like to be religious, because the sense of belonging and purpose would be nice

>tfw raised without religion and the concept of an omnipotent god seems completely unbelievable to me
>>
>>26455032
>muh feelings
The fact that it makes you feel good does not mean it is good. Pride in your beliefs just reinforces the natural self serving bias we all have. It's totally normal to hold opinions and beliefs, but I maintain that being proud of them is retarded
>>
>>26455052
sucks to be you, faggot.
wanna know what you do once shit hits the fan fucking hard in your life and then you realize that faggy atheism is offering you no spiritual guidance.
>>
>>26455002
Matthew 6: 25

and this one for you

Matthew 5 : 21

once again, it's not foolish. in fact much of it is great advice and i enjoy reading it. but it is very broad and it depends on you using your best intuition. and i believe it leads to blind subservience.

or consider the parable of the sower. you come here and preach the word of god, but you forget that when the person is sick that the word of god for them is only folly. it will lead them to death. so you are ineffective at what you do.
>>
pls
all the morals you atheists are talking about comes from religion anyway.

>i don't need religion to live my life a certain way that wouldn't exist without religion anyway
>>
>>26455075
you can suck on my greasy asshole, fedora loser.
I'm not moving away from my beliefs.
>>
>tfw apatheist master race

Stay cucked, a/thiests
>>
>>26455002
you call a random stranger who wishes to see us all be saved a fool? why would you risk condemnation so easily?

perhaps you should re-read James 5. consider it in the light of the xenophobes, the racists who argue that we should murder, kill, and push out of our countries those who have given their health, prosperity and the health of their land all for the sake of our convenience and trifles.
>>
File: 186480.jpg (56 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
186480.jpg
56 KB, 1200x798
>>26455075
>The fact that it makes you feel good does not mean it is good.

you're not the judge of any of that. get fucked.
>>
>>26455081
>but it is very broad and it depends on you using your best intuition
it isn't. You just don't understand it.

The word of God is only folly to a fool without any understanding and not to someone who is "sick" spirituality by sin which separates you from the light aka God.
>>
File: C9h190Q.jpg (60 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
C9h190Q.jpg
60 KB, 480x640
>>26455090
You take that back you big meanie >:C
>>
>>26455103
>you're not the judge of any of that.
I didn't say that meant it's bad, just that it doesn't necessarily mean it is good.
>>
>>26455101
>perhaps you should re-read James 5. consider it in the light of the xenophobes, the racists who argue that we should murder, kill, and push out of our countries those who have given their health, prosperity and the health of their land all for the sake of our convenience and trifles.
LMFAO. James 5 is talking about rich people in the last day. It is no sin to deport a Mexican who is plundering a land not his own. You don't know anything about the bible. God would condemn people like you and the current U.S government and Europe for forsaking it's own people for foreigners. You must be an idiot if you think is it a sin to not allow in 30 million mexicans to work here and then send their wealth and money that they stole from Americans and the opportunities of Americans back home to their families in Mexico. You're just too much of an idiot to think outside the box or comprehend the damage an evil people like Mexicans and Arabs bring.
>>
>>26454784
Those are militant Christian, retard.
>>
I don't understand why do atheists ITT defend themselves when christfags accuse them of having no morals. Morals is just the fear of repercussion. I mean yeah, it's nice to have this common delusion that everyone participates in that it's not. It's good for the people who believe in it and for society, but that doesn't mean we should believe in it. Because it's not the truth.
>>
>>26454757
What the fuck are doing deluded Christian menchildren doing on this board?

If you really have faith in your childish belief than why does it bother you to have no social life? resist a few more year and you'll have eternity in heaven where you'll do whatever you want.

Of course even as stupid and deluded as you are you can't really believe in this fantasy as long as you're notcompletely schizophrenic, so please just fuck off because deep down you know it's bullshit too.

>>26455090
The enlightened and calm mind of a "Christian"
>>
>>26455185
Having no morals will make you unsuccessful and a loser. God will curse you and you will get a lot of troubles in life. This is the heritage God decreed for every unmoral man. Most of R9K is immoral, and they wonder they suffer from a dark depression, being losers, etc.
>>
>>26455213
>Having no morals will make you unsuccessful and a loser
Only if you are also inferior. And if you are, then you're gonna be a loser and unsuccesfull anyhow.

Also religion is just-world hypothesis institution. You even said it on your post, bad things happen to us, therefore we deserved them. The concept that there is no justness in the world and that people sometimes do get fucked over by things out of their control is too scary for your mind to comprehend. So you invent god, or the illusion of just world. It's all the same normie bullshit.
>>
File: SNJjsxy.jpg (55 KB, 520x800) Image search: [Google]
SNJjsxy.jpg
55 KB, 520x800
It's funny, I can't tell if the religious devouts calling for death of all atheists are actually joking or not.

Zealots are so funny to watch, you'll never get into your imaginary paradise if you call for the death of atheists, can't you even follow the principles of your own religious babble?
>>
File: fedora.jpg (53 KB, 488x495) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
53 KB, 488x495
Wasn't the Big Bang Theory recently proven to be 100% true?
I thought all christcucks had killed themselves out of shame by now.
>>
>>26455247
I didn't invent God. I was drawn to him. I've talked to him and he's talked to me. I've felt his presence and I felt the supernatural signs. I've talked to God just like the way the people who experience Near Death experiences talked to God. You wouldn't understand though. Becuase you are too stupid and arrogant to understand. The things I am telling you about are to your own benefit but you want to remain a fool. All near death experiences all share common narratives, all Christians say they've experienced the supernatural presence of God. Other religions do not.
>>
>>26455283

Ay, so I've met with god too, he told me you were a bitch and to stop being a faggot on the mongolian image board he made whilst fucking around.

Peace out, me and god gonna go play some squash then maybe grab some 'za.
>>
File: beli.jpg (549 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
beli.jpg
549 KB, 1200x900
>>26455283
>whatever I say is the truth no matter how retarded it sounds
You're just talking to yourself dude. I consider bronies to be more mature than you. At least they don't have imaginary friends.
>>
>When God personally speaks in the bible he talks about dust in space and how it formed the Earth
>When God personally talks in the bible he talks about how the Earth hangs on nothing like a sphere in space
>things that no human could have possibly known in the past
>le Christianity is illusion and false
>>
>>26455283
Good job proving my point. About experiencing delusion to protect yourself from the truth that is hard to accept. And about how this delusion is shared among christians.

One thing I'll give you though. It's a beneficial delusion. For sure. From the societal view obviously. Because then for example if people get treated baddly because of something they couldn't change, or get cancer. They accept it better instead of being angry at others and whole world really.

Nonetheless, it's still a delusion. And no one rational can accept a delusion even if it's beneficial.
>>
File: helpme.png (140 KB, 543x400) Image search: [Google]
helpme.png
140 KB, 543x400
>>26455310
>no one rational can accept a delusion even if it's beneficial.
that euphoric feel
>>
>>26455329
Is it euphoric? What's so bad about not wanting to believe in a delusion? Whether it's beneficial or not is irrelevant at this point.
>>
File: 1331075529463.jpg (6 KB, 161x148) Image search: [Google]
1331075529463.jpg
6 KB, 161x148
>>26454757
>2016

>Still a christian

Nigga you dumb.
>>
File: 1448124892050.jpg (2 KB, 104x124) Image search: [Google]
1448124892050.jpg
2 KB, 104x124
>he prays to the lord every night but he's still a perma-virgin, autistic robot.

wew fampai
>>
>>26455104
Sin of the flesh leads to death
God and service leads to eternal life

Romans 12

>"Bless those who persecute you...
>Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
>Do not anyone evil for evil... Honor one another above yourselves."

When you condemn sinners, the fallen to die, you stand in the company of those who say, "we must murder them" and call me the fool, that destroys the very foundation of faith and charity that your entire religion stands on.

I have read much of the bible. And I see the behavior of many christians as that of those who have lost the love of god. Why do you not campaign against the idolatry that is the foundation of the sin of homosexuality? Why do you not address my belief that many of you have missed the basic teachings of Christ? I want to believe. But I see that it has done nothing for many of you, and that I would be better off with critical thinking, wit and a strong education. And repeatedly you say I am a fool.

You do not see the world the way I do.
>>
File: bye.jpg (88 KB, 1274x1001) Image search: [Google]
bye.jpg
88 KB, 1274x1001
>>26455336
The fact that it's beneficial will always be relevant.
Religious people have more brain activity going on than non-religious. It's like a healthy drug.

I want to die. This kind of enlightenment is a Hell in that of itself.
>>
>>26455373
The fact that it's a delusion is what will be relevant. because it's a delusion. It doesn't bother you? Good for you then, it bothers me. And I honestly don't understand how can anyone not be bothered by that.
>>
>>26454829
>He actually believes nothing created an Omnipotent being who created billions of planets, gave known life to one then just watches people masturbate and hates gay marriage, after creating people gay.
>>
>>26455373
>Religious people jave more brain activity going on than non religious

No.
>>
>>26455060
What a great example of Christianity, if a God really existed he'd put people like you in hell rather than atheists.
>>
>>26455380
They live with purpose and then they die still believing they're about to enter Heaven.
Pretty sweet way to live.

>>26455391
Look it up. It was on Bill Mayer's documentary.
He is a jew though.
>>
>>26455400
Link me to an actual study.
>>
>>26455400
>They live with purpose and then they die still believing they're about to enter Heaven.
Pretty sweet way to live.

But it's based on a delusion. It could be true, don't get me wrong(who knows really). But is it really likely enough to throw away your conscience and accept this delusion?
>>
>>26455358
Sinners are not fallen, then are already dead. The fallen are those who know what it is to be righteous but have fallen into sin. You have a foolish understanding of the bible and yet you have claimed to read it but again it's obvious that God has never opened your mind to it which I why you interpret it like a fool.
>>
>>26455140
I know many latinos. Many of them are devout Christians that you are condemning. Do you believe everything Donald Trump tells you?

Christ tells you to honor him before you honor your mother and father. Before the first commandment. And here you are honoring your nation before you honor Christ.

You have no concern over saving them. You condemn them, judge them all, when they come to us thirsty, tired, and hungry, we treat them like work horses and then ship them back into their own country.

And you say a Mexican plunders his own land. We are the ones shipping the guns to the cartels. Our nation is the one consuming the drugs, making it profitable for the worst of them, their tyrants and thugs, in the first place.
>>
>>26455417
Just google 'religious brain' and you'll find a whole bunch of stuff.
>>
>>26455400
It's the opposite actually, an atheist/agnostic will plan ahead, but he will work for things that he knows will actually happen in his life, a Christian will work hard for something that won't happen to him and will never benefit from it, he will suffer and have no gain from his suffering and atheist may suffer and struggle but he will do that for something that actually exist, his friends, a job, something that he will actually see in most cases, a Christian will suffer and struggle from an imaginary life he will never have.

This is why mostly desperate people with no actual joys in their actual life turn to Christianity, because in tht way they can at least hope in another life.
>>
>>26455424

Nah m8, I met some uncontacted tribe who believed in their god, he is a turtle who's wisdom can be said to be above all of humanity and beyond.

Truly, you are a believer of a false prophet and your god was contrived from my turtle god, Mr Shelly
>>
>>26455440
No, link me to an actual study.
>>
>>26455457
>an atheist/agnostic will plan ahead, but he will work for things that he knows will actually happen in his life
As an atheist, I can tell you that this is wrong.
The only thing I'm planning ahead for is my suicide.
>>
>>26455493

I'm atheist and I'm not doing that.
>>
>>26455468
Get fucked retard.
Are you that stupid that you can't even do a google search?
No wonder you're intimidated by delusional christcucks.
>>
>>26455504
I'm not intimidated you retard, where the fuck did you even get that from?

And no, I want an actualscientifical study, not some retards spouting bullshit on his blog.
>>
I hate atheists. I don't practice belief in a god. I'd rather not have anything to identify myself by then associate with those fucking tools.
>>
>>26455548
>he takes memes seriously
Stop browsing /pol/ friendo
I bet you think all women are sluts as well
>>
>>26455548
>I don't practice belief in a god
otherwise known as atheism?
>>
>>26455548
No one cares about your retarded opinion, loser, I know that the only form of acceptance you've ever found in your life was poltard autists but it seems like you've come to the wrong board, now back to /pol/ or kill yourself.
>>
>>26455424
Romans 6 makes no distinction. A man who knows the seed of god can still lose it to death.
>For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Matthew 6

>"Noone can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

Matthew 7:15

aand matthew 13:18. there is more than one way to lose the seed of god. to the troubles of this life, to persecution, to the works of satan. those in the end times still

or to paraphrase the words of pascal: those who covet use God to serve the world, while those who are pious use the world to serve God.
>>
>>26455598
Proverbs 10 too while youre at it.
>>
christian faggots
>>
File: 1329877916049.jpg (17 KB, 298x200) Image search: [Google]
1329877916049.jpg
17 KB, 298x200
>>26455305
I have read the bible from cover to cover and it says nothing of the sort. It says god created the earth in 7 days however, which is absolute horse shit.

Christians are stubborn, emotionally driven narcissists, and god is their inflated ego. They are so emotionally attached to their religion that when someone (like an atheist) points out how fool of shit it is, they become triggered.

They are conditioned all their lives from childhood to believe what they believe, so it is incredibly hard for them to let go. They make up an endless chain of excuses using flawed and circular logic to justify said beliefs to mask their insecurities. They are incredibly emotional people.

It says something when all these supposedly "righteous" and "enlightened" people can do to counter arguments against atheists is call them fedora-bearers.
>>
File: fedora comparison.jpg (79 KB, 1500x800) Image search: [Google]
fedora comparison.jpg
79 KB, 1500x800
>>26455665
Get triggered spiritual cuckold.
>>
File: 1452965604959.gif (104 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452965604959.gif
104 KB, 400x400
>he actually believes that all the rules and traditions and other details in religion wasn't made up by completely mortal humans
>>
>>26455563
I don't browse sub-forums full of German cockroaches and cockroach culture praising
>26455582
You fucking dumb, euphoria fag?

Atheism is the explicit disbelief in the existence of any deity. Did I ever say I think it's impossible for a god to exist? Commit suicide, and find out for yourself, leddit
>>
Humans wrote the bible, mate. All of it, and they had no help from god. They just wrote the shit that would serve them best.

And then you decide to live your life by the stuff in that book?
>>
File: up in the attic.png (182 KB, 487x471) Image search: [Google]
up in the attic.png
182 KB, 487x471
Who created God?
>>
>>26455739
peasents in a desert
>>
>>26455739

Wisdom, then after realizing how she fucked up she threw god beyond all being and god did some shit and here we are.
>>
MFW fedora tippers think they know more about the teachings of Christianity more then Christians.
>>
>>26455711
It encourages eusocial behavior in a typically tribal mammal. "Them," includes the whole brotherhood of man. Look how many people here are angry about women. How much of our problems are caused by individual men switching from ingroup cooperation to competition, to greed, through things like PUA, weightlifting, selfish hoarding of money, and dishonesty? People serve themselves and say, "fuck everything else, this is the best way for society to operate, competition is king," as their companies spew toxic waste into the environment, enslave people, ruin the land around them for a modicum of wealth?

How many people have you heard here say, "We are already dead. Welcome to Hell."
>>
>>26455907
That image is not a contradiction internally, since he believes he is actually right. To everyone else they're the same though.
>>
>>26455912
Sure scripture could be used to make people behave better but it's still written by people and isn't divine or holy or have anything to do with the real god if there is one which you have to belive to be christian or many other religions.
>>
>>26455329
Point out the flaw in that sentence.
>>
File: 1396485225588.jpg (10 KB, 255x197) Image search: [Google]
1396485225588.jpg
10 KB, 255x197
>>26455907
>MFW some stupid uneducated carpenter thinks he knows more about the teachings of God than the pharisees
>>
>>26454757
go back to >>>/sci/
>>
Both atheists and Christians are stupid. Heil Satan!
>>
>>26456022
Why should that matter? My belief is that the only way humanity can move forward is if we stop deceiving and bringing harm into each others lives, hobbling them in order to sell them a cure later in their lives.
>>
File: 1395118149344.jpg (58 KB, 493x631) Image search: [Google]
1395118149344.jpg
58 KB, 493x631
>>26456212
>Hello deceiver!
>>
>>26456022
i'd argue it is holy at least and about as divine as most anything else on this planet
>>
>>26456212
>I'm still a jew/christian/slime, I'm just backing the guy who was cast down by the creator of everything because I'm a hipster and/or edgy
>>
>>26456250
>supporting the guy who gave us anime and porn
Explain why I wouldn't.
>>
>>26456351
Because when it comes down to it, he will lose and so will you.
>>
>>26456414
As compared to the people who live in delusion. These are the people who "win"?
>>
>>26454757
If god created everything than who created god?
>>
Kinda heart warming to see their are still people of faith and are strong in their faith in God. So sick of this Atheistic bullshit that is pushed so hard on us by the media it's astounding. I don't give a fuck if you are Muslim/ Christian or even a Jew, the fact that God is still relevant in your lives gives me hope even though we are on fucking 4chan.
>>
>>26456351
I spent years and years jerking it to anime and porn. My dick feels like its been in a vice. Ive had nearly every non-violent fetish in the book. I nearly developed psychosis, or the N S A was playing the sounds of crunching and slurping on my phone. I have some mild urinary incontinence. The only thing that I feel would make me happy would be knowing the touch of a woman who loves me. Even now I have my suspicions that is another delusion. So instead i'll say this. Forget about god for now, I believe that if I expand my threshold for trials, and focus on helping other people, get off my ass, do good in the world, even if I don't find what i'm looking for at least I won't be haunted by all this fucking guilt.
>>
>>26456481
Who's living in delusion? If you believe in God and Satan, then you already know that God is your Lord and you will have to answer to him.
>>
>>26455093
this desu

its futile
>>
>in the current year
>being a theist
this is why you're virgins
>>
>tfw humanity needs to live in fear of repercussion in order to not act like niggers
>>
>>26456533
Do you really want to go down this road? You know well enough this isn't actually true. You know well enough this is a shared delusion that is designed to make people think they're living happier lives. It's all based on faith, nothing else.
>>
>>26455739
noone, he's infinite.
>>
>>26456588
Explain how it's a delusion if you've already accepted that God is the creator of all things, including all angels and humans.
>>
>>26455665
>It says god created the earth in 7 days however, which is absolute horse shit.

>taking metaphors seriously

this is why you have autism. stop being so stupid.
>>
>>26456638
Why can't the universe be infinite?
>>
>>26454848
God is not a a man, refers countless times to god with words like "he" and "him"
>>
>>26456648
Only reason you can't see it because you have accepted it. Do you see the circular logic here? To accept it, means to willfully ignore the delusion.
>>
>>26456663
because it literally isn't. it's like a giant bubble.
creator = infinite, universe = finite

>hurr what r metaphysics
>>
>>26454757
The problem is that most religious people are fucking morons and don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Plus, religion in general is retarded.
God isn't some mystical man in the sky, it's the universe itself.
I don't blame atheists for not believing, partly because I used to be one and also because religion is fucking batshit crazy.
>>
>>26456710
If you haven't accepted it then you're not a Satanist.
>>
>>26456481
I never said anything about believing in delusion. I don't think I have magical insight. These are the kind of ideas you find in CBT. Don't be hypocritical. Don't be careless. Don't pretend hope alone is going to help people, actually work to better the world. I'm gonna run off now.
>>
>>26456721
Except that, historically, that's exactly what god was. That's obviously going to change now tjat we've shot through the sky.
>>
>>26456711
>isn't
>therefore can't be
Never mind the fact that everything you've said is conjecture and has yet to be demonstrated.
>>
>>26456531
>/r9k/ talks religion

This is what happens. Oh lord the cringe
>>
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts

Ill just drop this here

>Prove me wrong
>Protip you can't
>>
>>26456762
Sure he's a magic man historically, but people also used to think the sun revolved around the earth.
Just because something's traditionally thought of as true doesn't mean it is. This is why I fucking hate the way a lot of people think, they cling to ideas even if they aren't 100% sure it's true or they haven't even doubted the living fuck out of it.
>>
>>26456721
>it's the universe itself.

no, it isn't. there is something responsible for it, maybe even outside the universe.

that god isn't an anthropomorphic being is pretty clear to most religious folk but the ideal of godly benevolence is still better than pretending there is nothing whatsoever out there. which most likely isn't true anyway.
>>
>>26456785
disprove god first, fedorafaggot.
oh wait, you can't.
just pls go the fuck away and save us all the shitty cringe.
>>
>>26456813
The fact that it's changed at all is a little suspicious.
>>
>>26454834
you're jewish
>>
>>26456827
>Asking someone to disprove something
Don't commit logical fallacies.
I believe in "god" if that's what we're gonna call it but fuck that's a retarded thing to say dude.
>>
How do people still think "yeah but who created god??" is a valid criticism? Even most atheists know this not a serious objection.
>>
>>26456827
I'm not trying to prove anything here, I just want to see better arguments being made.
>>
>>26456814
Honestly I'm not 100% sure on this stuff but my theory is that a 4th or 5th dimensional being created Earth or maybe even the entire universe to explore itself in a 3rd dimensional way. It's basically a test for him/herself or whatever if that makes sense to you.
>>
File: 1451251646217.jpg (136 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
1451251646217.jpg
136 KB, 351x500
ITT: Americans who don't know that the rest of the world has undergone the Enlightenment and nobody believes in that ancient superstitious bullshit any more.

The other hundreds of millions of atheists in the world don't wear fedoras you losers. Even debating the actual existence of a supernatural deity shows you all up for the philosophical philistines that you are.
>>
What the fuck? I thought everyone on /r9k/ were intelligent beings who understands that religion is merely a tool created by the higher ups to control the general population.

If you believe in any religion you are not a robot AND SHOULD GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD YOU FUCKING NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26456711
Have you heard some of thd theories on the big bang?

Maybe any number of universes could spring from it. Maybe there is an e ntropic inverse reality correspondent to this one. Either way it's unfair to ascribe an imaginary value to an entity that we're debating the reality of.
>>
>>26456856
You can absolutely disprove something, it just requires more comprehensive proofs relying on accepted truths and deductive reasoning.

Of course, if the axioms fall through you're fucked.
>>
>>26456888
Yes, religion is a tool used for control, but it was man made.
>>
If god is real then why didn't he gave you a qt gf?

Check and mate, christians!
>>
>>26456831
If only it was in the bible you would have a case
>>
>>26456919
There's a kettle floating around the ring of saturn. Prove me wrong.
See, it's just silly to claim something and expect someone else to disprove it. If you're the one making the claim you have to prove it. The burden of proof lies on you.
>>
Isn-t the invention of tools one of the primary factors that set us apart feom animals?
>>
>>26456970
That doesn't mean it can't possibly be disproven though.
>>
>>26456961
Genesis lays it out pretty clearly with the heavens, the earth and the firmament.
>>
>>26457031
Sure, but it's illogical to to claim something then expect others to disprove rather than for you to prove.
>>
>>26456859
Because what? The claim is that the universe must have a creation, but god needn't. There''s no support for that, it's a cop out.
>>
>>26457051
Parablez son
>>
>>26455527
>so retarded that you don't know how to filter your search for only academic studies.

Not him, but why should he baby you retard?
>>
>>26457093
Right, retroactively, which was the point.
>>
Why do religious people think the Devil is a bad guy?
If anything the Devil is the true God.
>>
>>26457120
Retroactive from the period where he came down from earth, to warn the individuals propagating said ideas that they were teaching the wrong way.
>>
>>26457142
Does it really make a difference whether you think he's good or bad when he is bound to be a subject of his creator?
>>
>>26457162
Does the New Covenant revise the story of Genesis?
>>
>>26457169
He rebelled against him though, plus he's not literally real in my opinion. He stands for knowledge and freedom, God is ignorance and oppression.
Jesus backed the wrong horse back in the day.
>>
>>26457206
Would it kill you to look up the word, "parable?"
>>
>>26455089
Underrated. In the Western Nations we live a lifestyle that was completely built upon Christian values and morality. People need religion as a moral authority, without than every persons own moral authority is just as valid as the any persons, now we have bronies, furries, gays marring and the absolute worst people who use Reddit.
>>
>>26457332
We only need one fucking law or moral, do unto others as you would have done to you.
Or, more simply put, don't be a fucking dick.
Is it really that hard?
Plus, how in the flying fuck do bronies, gays getting married affect you in the slightest? You sound like an asshat.
>>
>>26457221
Satan stands for the illusion of knowledge and truth. He convinced Eve to partake of the fruit of the tree citing she would gain knowledge, not telling her how it would lead to her and Adam being cast from the presence of God and now becoming mortal. Satan leads us to destruction by giving us small parts of an entire truth.
>>
>>26457078
If you assume the universe needed a cause then bringing something uncaused into the equation is the only thing that makes sense. If God needed a cause than that cause would be the true God wouldn't it?

So it's not a cop out, it's part of the definition of God.
>>
>>26457268
You can claim it's a parable, but I don't buy it unless Jesus said it unambiguously. Seems he regarded Genesis as a historical account, so I'm thinking you're wrong right now.
>>
>>26457407
Dude they're metaphors. Plus, do you really think an all knowing all "loving" all powerful being would demand people love them or they'll burn for all eternity?
That sounds like a whiny teenager, not an immortal deity.
>>
I find it interesting that /r9k/ of all boards should have the self-awareness to acknowledge and criticize the fault in millennials' basis for supporting atheism. It's ironic.

Atheism (and the oh-so-edgy materialism) is the modern introverted teens' pseudo-intellectual alternative for going full emo. You get to think you're cool, intellectual and edgy. The last one because you're euphoric enough to realize you're not a unique snowflake, and that in fact you are not anything a bag of chemicals producing an illusion of consciousness.

There's very little difference between vocal atheists and the average religious person.
>>
>>26457427
>If you assume the universe needed a cause
This is where the argument falls down, because there is no clear reason to assume that as of yet.
>>
>>26457396
How euphoric are you right now? They lead to degeneracy of our entire race, which affects everyone, sorry I think all of humanity is important instead of the shortsightedness of atheist "ME ME ME"
>>
>>26457454
I didn't even cover that though. I just said that "who caused god?" is not a serious objection.
>>
>>26457463
You're the one who thinks he has the moral authority to tell people what they can and can't do with their own lives.
Sorry, who's the one who's all about " ME ME ME"?
>insert stoplikeingwhatidon'tlike.jpg
>>
>>26457396
>We only need one fucking law or moral, do unto others as you would have done to you.
>Or, more simply put, don't be a fucking dick.
I'd say these aren't equivalent, since I kinda want a stranger to smash my skull in with a pipe.
>>
>>26457471
I thought it highlights the flaw, which is the assumption that nothing can exist without being created.
>>
>>26457489
You know what I mean. Plus, that's quite the extreme exception to the rule you have there.
I hope you pull through man.
>>
>>26457444
They're metaphors if you don't actually believe in God. Good luck on finding verses about burning in Hell for all eternity.
>>
>>26457521
Dude I've already ascended to heaven (metaphor) because I've found the god of the self.
You're the one I feel sorry for because you live in fear and ignorance. (hell)
>>
>>26457503
>which is the assumption that nothing can exist without being created
There are many ways to form the cosmological argument but none of them state that everything needs a cause afaik. A better premise would be "everything that begins to exist has a cause", meaning that an infinite/timeless being doesn't need one.
>>
>>26457506
I mean having a general rule to apply is appealing, for sure, but I think ultimately you'll end up having to decide who deserves what kind of treatment.
>>
>>26457591
An eye for an eye is only fair in my opinion.
Plus, I don't even think we need rules as long as we apply a little common sense. People who like to hurt others or do harm are broken people who both need and deep down probably desperately want to be helped and loved.
>>
File: 1407954489048.jpg (21 KB, 454x275) Image search: [Google]
1407954489048.jpg
21 KB, 454x275
>>26454757
>downkins
>>
File: Atheist101.jpg (24 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Atheist101.jpg
24 KB, 460x276
>>26457666
other retard qoute by the one and only
>>
>>26457666
>666
>Dawkins is all about knowledge
>Dawkins is Devil
>In reality the Devil is the defender of the human race from the tyranny of God
>Dawkins is the one and only true saviour
ALL HAIL KING DAWKINS
>>
>>26457576
I oversimplified it, but the watchmaker analogy is an example of what I meant, unless the people using it want to claim that a being capable of creating the Universe is inherently simple (though in that case they wouldn't be describing the Christian god).
>>
File: Ledubsguy.jpg (11 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
Ledubsguy.jpg
11 KB, 320x272
>>26457666
DIS TRIPS
>>
>>26457722
I see where you are coming from now. I never cared for the watchmaker analogy that much but I don't think you can apply it to God because he is not some constructed object out of many parts that carefully work together. In a sense, that would make God "simple", but not simple as in easy for us to understand.
>>
>>26454848
>God created the universe in perfect order.
The universe is far from perfect, even human anatomy has major flaws, for example, same pipe for food and oxygen.
Also, if your god was really omniscient, omnipresent, etc... he made the universe knowing that he would be angry with one species on a small rock in space.
>>
>>26455665
>They are conditioned all their lives from childhood to believe what they believe, so it is incredibly hard for them to let go

Why do atheists always use this as an argument?

I didn't become a Christian until 2 years ago. Family wasn't religious
>>
Daily reminder that gods don't exist.
>>
>>26458750
Religion as a fashion isn't really worth arguing against. See where you are in 5 years.
>>
>>26458796
>Religion as a fashion isn't really worth arguing against

What are you even talking about?
>>
File: sz.jpg (452 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
sz.jpg
452 KB, 2500x1667
>>26454757
not all atheists are as simplistic and naive as Dawkins, OP
>>
File: 1454903400364.jpg (95 KB, 766x448) Image search: [Google]
1454903400364.jpg
95 KB, 766x448
Thought you guys might like this picture
>>
>>26454964
Kek, IQ isn't based on knowledge.
The only people who deny this are women and niggers.
>>
>>26458820
>I adopted Christianity as it got popular on 4chan, but really, I'm special!
>>
>>26454757
>ad hominem
>no real argument
Wew lads
>>
>>26458846
tee hee the modern-day atheist is squirting out doo doo!
>>
>>26458881
I wasn't even on 4chan 2 years ago

Good try tho
>>
>>26456886
>ITT: Americans who don't know that the rest of the world has undergone the Enlightenment and nobody believes in that ancient superstitious bullshit any more.

LOL

You mean Europeans living in their countries pretend like the other world isn't religious and then wonder why their arreligious countries are getting cucked by Islam
>>
>>26459064
You're a penis living in a cunt. REE!
>>
What's it called when you don't really care?
>>
>>26458974
So where were you?
Reddit or underage please go
>>
>ITT butthurt atheists and christians debating who is right while we conquer their godless countries
>>
>>26459171
I was farting so much, there wasn't really the opportunity to use the internet. Every time I sat down, I would fart a stream of shit into my computer chair. I mostly stayed in the bathtub farting and shitting, only moving to pull the plug to drain the poo when the tub was about to overflow.
>>
>>26459171
You sure do assume a lot don't you?

I'm 22
>>
>>26459219
Oh you!

Origional comment
>>
>>26459225
When and why did you come here?
>>
>>26459288
Only a few months ago, Idk why, I guess boredom

I started making some posts and I've been trapped here ever since
>>
>>26458846
actually Da Vinci thought about the fact that the Earth never changed since its creation, as said in the Bible. He realised it wasn't possible due to the erosion, isn't that a little bit against Christianity ? (he also thought that the deluge didn't happened)
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.