[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Lord of the Rings > Star Wars > Harry Potter > Star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
The Lord of the Rings > Star Wars > Harry Potter > Star Trek > Doctor Who > Marvel Cinematic Universe

I think we can all agree on this.
>>
Kaworu's dick > Shinji's ass > Rei's pussy > Asuka's bagina > Misato's busted-out roastie
>>
>>26452130
>The Lord of the Rings> anything

No, I was born before 1998.
>>
>>26452130
Star Trek>LotR>Star Wars> the rest, also go back to tumblr.
>>
Star Trek >The Lord of the Rings > Harry Potter > Doctor Who > Marvel Cinematic Universe > Star Wars >OP's bleeding asshole
>>
Doctor Who is too stupid to generate any feels. If you can watch an entire season of Doctor Who without rolling your eyes every two minutes you deserve a medal.
>>
>>26452130
This was bad.

>>26452184
This is even worse.
>>
Percy Jackson > all
>>
WHY IS HARRY POTTER ON THESE LISTS WHAT THE FUCK STOP IT GUYS IT'S NOT FUNNY
>>
>>26452156
Major Kusanagi > Major Katsuragi
>>
>>26452130
TWILIGHT SAGA > all that other crap
>>
>>26452130
LoTR is great
Star Wars are decent kids movies that neckbeards take way too seriously, wookiepedia has like 100k pages
Harry Potter is whimsical and has a real sense of coherency, if you're over 18 and still read the books you're a fuck pleb tho
Haven't watched much of Star Trek but a few episodes from the first season really impressed me with how it explored social and ethical issues
Doctor Who is for tumblrina retards
The Marvel cinematic universe is awful, I've really started to like DC more as I get older, but even their films suck with the exception of the good-but-ovverrated Nolan trilogy. Comic books just don't adapt well to film.
>>
>>26452245
Because it's a popular fantasy property?
>>
>>26452184
Good taste, although I'd put LOTR equal to star trek purely for the amount of detail Tolkien put into it and inspiring so much of the fantasy genre
>>
>>26452276
>LoTR is great
Name one thing decent about LoTR.

Hard mode: no cinematography or nostalgia
>>
>caring about genre fiction trash

You should consider growing up.
>>
>>26452322
I only fine books, like Atlas Shrugged.
>>
>>26452130
>>26452184

If you guys had to rank Evangelion compared to the others, where would you put it? I know it's kinda the odd one out but I figure it's popular and all.
>>
>>26452302
The soundtrack
The actors
The war scenes
The set and costume design
The amount of detail in the lore and languages

Pretty much fucking everything, dipshit.
>>
>>26452351
Rebuild series tarnished the legacy. NGE + EOE is better than anything on the list.
>>
>>26452372
You can find better soundtracks, actors, war scenes, set design, and lore detail in other works of fictions.

And with two added bonuses: characterization and story, dipshit.
>>
>>26452434
>You can find better soundtracks, actors, war scenes, set design, and lore detail in other works of fictions.

Okay bro, guess I'll just take your word for it. It's not like it's the only fantasy series to win seventeen oscars or anything.

>And with two added bonuses: characterization and story, dipshit.

The Lord of the Rings has both of these things. It can seem cliche at times, but that's because the books pretty much invented fantasy and the films came long after waves of imitations.
>>
>>26452427
>tarnished the legacy

I was talking purely about NGE but yeah.
>>
LoTR is better than all of them just for the music.
>>
>>26452492
Most of the cliches that it entertains aren't even interesting ones.

If you love fantasy shit so much just watch War Craft.
>>
I agree that LotR is the greatest example of fantasy movies.

Star Wars is lackluster in a lot of places.
>>
File: bothersigive.gif (560 KB, 400x328) Image search: [Google]
bothersigive.gif
560 KB, 400x328
Flip Harry Potter and Star Trek and you're okay with me, anon.
>>
>>26452547
There are at least two decent Star Wars movies. None of the LotR movies are even watchable unless you include The Hobbit.
>>
>>26452536
>I don't like LoTR

Pretty much your entire argument

>If you love fantasy shit so much just watch War Craft.

Gee, sorry for daring to like films other than DURR THIS GUY HAD A MENTAL ILLNESS LOOK AT HIS STORY OF OVERCOMING like 99% of oscar shit out there. Not that I even dislike all those kinds of films, but when it comes to fantasy, yeah, LoTR is pretty much king and everyone from nerds to normies liked it. Stay mad.
>>
>>26452570
i gots swords
>>
>>26452536
>Most of the cliches that it entertains aren't even interesting ones.

tolkien is a really bad writer. the books are long winded and extremely cheesy. the only thing he ever did well was world building. middle earth is an interesting place, too bad it's filled with shit characters
>>
>inb4 hurr you know nothing about fantasy setting
Personal opinion isn't universal a.k.a. impression is subjective. As fas as I know, LotR handled every aspect of cinematography right. Star Wars instead was doomed since Lucas decided to make prequels.

The Hobbit isn't Lord of The Rings.
>>
File: 1418378020678.jpg (17 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1418378020678.jpg
17 KB, 240x320
>>26452569
>None of the LotR movies are even watchable unless you include The Hobbit

>muh dick jokes
>muh corny dwarf-elf romance
>muh female OC mary sue
>muh retarded kung fu legolas barrel scene

I hope you're a troll, because if not, you have the worst taste of anyone who ever existed.
>>
I agree with what's in front and don't give a shit about the rest
>>
>>26452547
Rewatching Star Wars kinda killed it for me. I still really like it, and the Legends EU, but the original movies are nowhere near the quality I thought they were as a kid. /tv/ memes kinda made me like ep 3 tho in a so-bad-its-good way.
>>
File: that guy.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
that guy.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>26452598
Agreed; you'll get more enjoyment reading a wiki about Middle Earth than you would reading any actual stories Tolkien wrote......unless you're an autist and given this board that is a likely possibility.
>>
>>26452598
It's not just his personal writing style, it's partially a generation gap. Purple prose used to be a lot more acceptable and iirc Tolkein was actually influenced by Lovecraft somewhat.
>>
Does anyone else here have a mother that really likes fantasy and YA shit? Mine does.
>>
>>26452710
Yes. It's embarrassing. 61 years old, mother still has the mind of a 16 year old girl.
>>
>>26452693
i get the whole "generation" thing. that's why i read LoTR in the first place and put up with it.

i'd rather just watch the movies. i have no desire to read those books again. the movies don't miss much anyway. bunch of autistic things that only autists care about like merry's sword and how it's some fucking magical ten thousand year old blahblahblah witchking blahblah. i really don't care anymore.
>>
>>26452768
disrespectful 2bh pham
>>
>>26452620
Not the guy you replied to, but LOTR sucks fucking cheesy donkey dicks.
>>
>>26452774
>he doesn't appreciate the endless intricate minutiae regarding various eleven cultures

What are you, some kind of degenerate?
>>
>>26452800
if you say so, nigger
>>
>>26452809
i'd rather watch 10 hours of arwen/aragorn emotional MUH FORBIDDEN LUV scenes
>>
>>26452842
I remember that.
oh my god, it was so forbidden.

DEY COME FROM 2 DIFF WORLDS
>tfw you will never be an elf kin
>>
>>26452427
>>26452517
at least it's pretty
i dont understand the choices they made but i guess they were limited by the length of the rebuild movies
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.