[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can not for the life of god drive What the fuck is wrong with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: car-accident.jpg (88 KB, 660x450) Image search: [Google]
car-accident.jpg
88 KB, 660x450
I can not for the life of god drive

What the fuck is wrong with me, I am going on to 70 (seventy) 45 minute lessons with my drivers instructor and I still react like shit, my response time is low and I am constently confused and overlook things

This shit cost me over 4000$ now, I don't even know how I will pay all of that

Does anybody have any tips how I can finally stop being a distracted shitty driver and pass my test?
>>
>>26430986
can you ride a bike anon?
>>
>>26431008
I can ride a bike just fine, I have been biking regularly for years

I also have no problems with motor function, I am a bit clumsy but nothing severe
>>
>>26430986
It's not that hard to drive. Seriously. It's actually much easier to drive than in games, etc because you have more control and the steering is more exact. Just look over your shoulder, check the mirrors and practice.
>>
>>26431016
I have practiced sooo much
I will change my drivers instructor soon

I just don't get how literally every idiot can do this within a few weeks/months but I failed my test three times, and still make big errors
>>
>>26431015
there isn't THAT much difference, i learnt to drive by applying the same methods and principles i used while riding.
>>
>>26431030
Want to elaborate on the errors you're making? Is it the road laws you're unfamiliar with or is it about decision making/situational awareness?

There are things you can do outside of the car or while it's parked that might help. Eg, practicing taking in info with just a glace, proper mirror placement, role playing with toy cars, etc...
>>
>>26430986
Do you how many bus passes you could've bought for $4000?....
>>
>>26431127
decision making/situational awareness describes it pretty good, I have the road laws down, but sometimes I make mistakes with the street markings, because I am too slow to think on my feet

>>26431140
I live in germany, if you don't have a car you are fucked, especially in the small shittown where I live
>>
Give up, Spongebob. It's never going to happen.
>>
File: HeaderBigTruck.png (133 KB, 404x228) Image search: [Google]
HeaderBigTruck.png
133 KB, 404x228
>>26431185
>Germany

That explains a lot, in USA you read a small pamphlet, use the smallest amount of common sense, and you can rent and drive a commercial moving truck on your first day.
>>
>>26430986
Driving is scary as fuck.

Fucking remember F zero? thats what the freeway is like.
>>
>>26431185
How about the actual driving? Does it feel second nature turning, accelerating, reversing, etc?

If you're distracted, it could be that you're too focused on driving the car and not paying enough attention around you. I'd suggest stopping the payed lessons, and getting a friend or relative to be your instructor for now while you drive around parking lots or your neighbourhood just so the actual car control becomes 2nd nature.
>>
>>26430986
I feel sorry for you, but at the same time very angry. How can someone NOT be good at driving is so beyond me. It's SO EASY FOR FUCK'S SAKE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26431347
I also have no problems with the car controls, its not perfect but I can handle the car
I just searched for some methods of improving ma peripheral vision and reflexes, which were always shit

I wish I had taken action before spending all that money though
>>
>>26431345

Fuck you anon.. God damn it fuck you. That hit me like a brick wall... God damn it.
>>
File: 1430470414627.png (304 KB, 1005x576) Image search: [Google]
1430470414627.png
304 KB, 1005x576
>tfw 19 and no license
Everyone is mad at me because I don't drive, yet are also always laughing at me because i'm such a clumsy idiot. I've slipped in the shower twice in the past month, I should not be operating a car.

Sometimes I think I should just say fuck it, and try and drive just to inevitably crash so I can have a tangible excuse when people pester me.
>>
>>26431449
I feel you so hard man, 20 here
>>
>>26431449
You could also become an hero.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.