[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /diagnosed with depression/ here? do you guys take meds or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: 1448738406175.jpg (14 KB, 495x161) Image search: [Google]
1448738406175.jpg
14 KB, 495x161
who /diagnosed with depression/ here? do you guys take meds or just therapy? doctor told me to take meds but i'm kinda worried about getting adicted or some shit

discuss
>>
idk anon
im taking prozac and seeing therapist every 2 weeks
not feeling any difference tbqh
but i like talking with my therapist, he is a cool guy
>>
File: Comfy.jpg (108 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.jpg
108 KB, 601x601
>>26430561
I was diagnosed with depression, but I don't feel that bad. I felt pretty shitty back when I had to go to school or work, but I've been NEET for a couple months now and everything just feels comfy as fuck not having to do anything. I hardly leave the house at all and I get to sleep a lot.
>>
>>26430621
how long have you been taking the meds?

>>26430664
i've been neet and alone for 5 years now, gets boring after a while
>>
I've tried a lot of different meds, the only thing that worked was Wellbutrin, for the first month I took it. Was extremely happy, productive and a different person for that short period of time.. All others have given me horrendous side effects.

Therapists always make me feel worse, not just from their useless advice but also because they're taking my money to listen to me. It's the same horrible feeling as going to a prostitute.
>>
I had a bad experience with unhelpful doctors and psychologist so I haven't had help in 2 years.
I really need to do something soon though
>>
Well, what meds are you taking?
>>
>>26430561
depression is self curable

meds only make it harder to manage without them
>>
>>26430881
I've never taken a med and have tried literally every treatment under the sun that isn't drugs and they all did nothing
>>
>taking chemicals to alter your state of mind

Change your diet or go for a walk you useless fucks.
>>
>>26430873
not taking anything at the minute, still thinking about it but he recommended venlafaxine
>>
>>26430894
see
>>26430893

I have a perfect diet and exercise for an hour and a half every day. think about killing myself even more when I get back from the gym because of the adrenaline. I'm like "fuck yeah I'm gonna do it"
>>
>>26430922

>think about killing myself even more when I get back from the gym

Either stay at the gym for the rest of your life or stop thinking about it.
>>
>>26430959
I think about killing myself every minute of every day
>>
>>26430901
Only thing you can do is try it, but I would as a real last resort. Try everything else before meds. I took meds and I feel it permanently fucked me up
>>
>>26430959
also
>stop thinking about it.

lmao do you even know what depression is?
>>
>>26430561
I have yet to get meds for it. Talking to the person and going to the gym has helped so far.
>>
File: Squick.gif (485 KB, 440x250) Image search: [Google]
Squick.gif
485 KB, 440x250
I took the meds (for way too long) and it didn't work
I tried the therapy and it didn't work.

I think there is no next step until I fail a suicide attempt like an attention whore or something more drastic.
>>
>>26430978
how so? explain
>>
>>26430801
did the meds made you feel motivated to do shit?
>>
File: rick-grimes.gif (2 MB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
rick-grimes.gif
2 MB, 500x275
>>26430979

>do you even know what depression is?
>>
>>26430965

I do aswell, but I don't take it seriously otherwise I would have done it.
>>
>>26431029
dying would just be so easy though. Everyday is a war with myself and I've grown tired of the battle.
>>
>>26431051

Tell me why Anon, I will read it and I will take it seriously, that's not to say that I will be able to give any advice but I am genuinely curious.
>>
Fun fact: Therapists wont get paid unless you have a diagnosis.

You need to quit labeling yourself as such.

Understand diagnosis must meet criteria based on presence and length of symptoms.

Focus on your symptoms and what you think might be causing them. And how you think you can fix them.
Antidepressants arent addictive but you should definitly consult your doctor if you are off or getting off of them.
Make it clear to your doctor or therapist that you have concerns about your health when taking these pills and dont want to be dependant on them for mood.
>>
Had been taking meds. Combined with therapy helped me a lot. First meds took 6 months to work.
Everybody always talks about anti-depressants like they're harmless, but they're not. Aside from the side-effects, that stuff will fuck up your system. Huge strain on your liver.
That being said, depression is a life threatening situation, and meds can sometimes cure it. All the side-effects aside, imagine getting better, and being happy. It could happen.
>>
>>26431024
Yup. Only attempt at college I actually did well in.. Instead of caving from depression and anxiety, got near 100s in every course that semester, while working and beginning to learn Japanese, finding kanji really easy.
>>
>>26431150
I want to feel like how I feel after a few beers or on a low dose of xanax forever. that's all I ask. I feel "normal" at that level. is that possible with ADs?
>>
>>26430621
I just started Prozac two days ago. Anybody know if smoking weed with Prozac counteracts the effects? Doc told me that and I don't know whether or not to give up the ganj
>>
Does Valium work for anxiety? If I was to take one/half of one at 8 in the morning would it last till 4pm?
>>
>>26431210

This is for University btw
>>
Anyone else here been unhappy for so long that you don't know what it is to be happy?

I take all kinds of meds, and have taken do many different kinds but none seem to work.

I'm not going to make it, lads.

>>26431184
I don't do drugs or drink alcohol, but that shit didn't work for me. Now that you mention it though, weed was the only thing to make me feel normal.

I'm from Texas, don't even know if you can get a card for weed prescribed here.
>>
>>26431237
Yeah, weed just gives me the satisfaction of not feeling super shitty about life. I use to smoke it just cuz 420blazeit but now i smoke it because it makes me feel better. I appreciate the response anon
>>
>>26431139
>Antidepressants arent addictive
what
>>
>>26430987
tried going to the gym two years ago, lack o motivation and shame of my body made me quit in the second week
>>
>>26430561

"We've tried nothin' and we're all out of ideas!"

The only drug I'd be remotely interested in trialling as an anti-depressant would be Ketamine, which has yielded some promising results of late..
>>
>>26431150
>6 months to work

The fuck? I usally get off them if i see no improvements in 1-2 months. How were the meds treating you before the 6th month mark?
>>
>>26431267
They do come with withdrawls but it not like you'll be fiending for another prozac if you run out.

People taking antidepressants go off their meds all the time. Becuase consistency isnt usually their priority and the pills arent a quick fix, but will fuck your thoughts up if you quit cold turkey after taking them for awhile.
>>
>>26431210
Yeah it works wonders short-term and you'll think it's the miracle cure but don't take them daily because benzo addiction sucks dick and magnifies your anxiety x100.
>>
>>26431354
The old MAOIs are pretty good.

Starting one soon.
>>
I was taking 2 different medications. One of them had some withdrawal symptoms. After taking those for three years I was done and stopped taking them cold turkey against my doctors order. Been better since.
>>
>>26431565

This is why I've never taken any sort of anti-depressent, its the getting off bit that I'm worried about.
>>
Been depressed since 11, on meds since roughly 13.

Daily reminder that there's no cure for depression.
>>
>>26431628
It's not too bad if you titrate it gently. Just don't fuck with benzos as a general rule, they are the devils pill. I've heard heroin addicts say that benzo withdrawal was the worst thing they've ever been through. It can take years to end.
>>
>>26431637
fucking americucks, there is literally no need to put a 13 year old on antidepressants. I feel sorry for you, you probably could have made a decent pass if you hadn't fucked up your serotonin levels.
>>
>>26431651
The only thing worse than benzos is their RC-counterparts.

Keep well away.

They aren't prescribed as anti-depressants for a perfectly valid reason.

(The valium buzz is rather nice, though.)
>>
>>26431651
Fun fact
The only things that can kill you withdrawing from are benzos and alcohol.

Benzos are for people who have severe anxiety. Like vomiting every time they have to talk to someone. Or is an agoraphobe. Or they have extreme paranioa that isnt linked to a psychotic disorder.
>>
>>26430561
I was diagnosed but my parents don't want me to take any treatment. It's been like this for a few years already.

I'm sad and lonely.
>>
>>26431637

Eh, a 13 year old on depressants is unbelievably shortsighted. 17+ I'm fine with.
>>
>>26431684
Yeah it's great, I've taken it a few times and absolutely loved it. If I didn't know the risks I'd be a full blown addict, no doubt. It's probably the only drug I've taken that's given me a pure sense of contentment.
>>
>>26430718

about 8 months now
plus about 4 months of Escitalopramum before that
>>
>>26431696
>Dying from alcohol withdrawls
I'd hardly call it an addiction, at that point, it's a basic necessity, like meat, or sugar
>>
>>26430561
I started on the meds. Did nothing but make it impossible to cum, but my libido still existed, so I could go like three hours fapping hardcore without finishing. It's torture.

Started flushing the meds. Went through the hardcore withdrawal, absolute hell on earth. Started drinking ungodly amounts of caffeine, which somewhat helped.

My oneitis finally admitted that she liked me, and the whole thing broke apart. We started dating about a month ago, and two or so days ago, I woke up and realized that I felt something really fucking weird. I felt actually fucking happy.

It can go away anon, but the chances are pretty fucking slim. Just a heads up.
>>
>>26431696
In the UK they don't even prescribe them for that very often. It's usually just a short term regime for people withdrawing from alcohol or drug addicts.
>>
>>26431709
They're incredibly deceptive, mind/memory erasing little pills though. Even when used in therapeutic doses, surprisingly. Take it from me. Valium isn't even the worst of them. Clonazolam (RC) was the worst drug I ever ingested.
>>
>>26431700

Parents can be quite retarded when it comes to things like depression, every time that I used to mention that maybe I should be getting help they always say that all people have depression/social anxiety. I don't think they realize that there is a spectrum when it come to it and that maybe your are on the low end of it.
>>
>>26431184
i dont smoke that much anymore
maybe once or twce a month tbqh
but i havent noticed any negative effects with provac and weed being mixed
a bit worse with alcohol
makes me trip hard if i get wasted
>>
>>26431723
Except starving to death is ust one long belly ache and chapped lips to darkness.
Dying from alcohol is a very ugly seizure.
Some hard core alcoholics needs to be hospitalized before getting sober.
>>
File: 1419589491539.jpg (378 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419589491539.jpg
378 KB, 1920x1080
>>26431774
>Dying from alcohol
>>
>>26431791
*Withdrawl
>>
>>26431753
I had to literally say that I was going to kill myself on Facebook to get treatment because of my parents doing that. Literally couldn't say no at that point, law got involved.
>>
File: mhahart.jpg (58 KB, 500x431) Image search: [Google]
mhahart.jpg
58 KB, 500x431
I'm always diagnosed with something new. Psychotic depression, bipolar 1, schizophrenia, etc., etc. Been hospitalized twice. I don't know if there's anything really "wrong" with me to be honest, I think I'm just a bit weirder than other people. No reason to try and cure that. So I stopped taking the meds and seeing my doctor, and I'm feeling a lot better. I still feel some cognitive deficiencies, but the meds don't help with those anyways.

Not saying I'm any better than other robots who are on meds. If it works for you, keep taking it. I just think my weird behavior can be fixed or coped with, sans drugs. Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>26431700
yeah same, my mom thinks the meds are too strong and don't want me to buy it, it's been two weeks since the diagnose
>>
>>26431753
People often confuse "depression", AKA typical, transient, situational sadness, and Major Depressive Disorder (MDD).
>>
>>26431833
i wish you the best of luck my man
>>
I stopped taking them a few years ago. Everyone thinks im taking them and doing fine. Truth is ive been trying very hard to restrain myself from going down to the train tracks, which is only fives minutes from my house. I really dont care how much it would hurt anymore, every day is exactly the same, health is getting worse too. I think being off meds for such an extended amount of time has deterioratedImy brain. I just dont about anything anymore
>>
>>26431849

>Major Depressive Disorder

Yeah, to be quite honest I think I am exaggerating my own depression when I compare myself to other people on /r9k/.
>>
>>26431849
i thought the same thing but according to the doc if it has been going on for more than 6 months it needs treatment
>>
File: Accurate.png (305 KB, 720x619) Image search: [Google]
Accurate.png
305 KB, 720x619
>>26430561
Diagnosed about a year ago. 150mg of Sertraline hydrochloride every morning. It tastes pretty disgusting
I suppose the one thing I'm getting from this is the satisfaction of the idea that my thoughts don't necessarily have to have reason behind them anymore.
>>
>>26430561
Take SSRI's, eat well, excercise, meditate, sleep, see a therapist, get a hobby, volunteer.

Worked for me.

Also you will gain a physical addiction to SSRI's, complete with withdrawal when you come off. But it is worth to be alive.
>>
>>26430561
Im not a fucking pussy. Get over it pussies. Life is easier than ever. You think Ancient Rome had neetbux. Fucking off yourselves.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.