[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dreams Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 1131x899) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 1131x899
robros, what are your dreams? specifically your short term, realistic dreams? What keeps you going? What would give your life meaning?

>tfw just want to get accepted into an ivy league school
not for undergrad
>>
>>26430462
What grad program did you get into?
How hard is it to get into an Ivy League (or a similar excellent uni like UChicago or MIT) for a master's? I'd like to do an MSc in econ (I'm not from the US).
>>
>>26430671
none yet, but I have 75th+ percentile stats at a few. ive applied and im just waiting for decisions.

if i dont get into one im going to give up on my life desu.

From what I've read it seems like being international slightly helps your odds at acceptance, but diminishes your odds at financial aid. MIT has the least "holistic" review process apparently.

If you have good stats relative to the admitted class profile I'd wager you have a pretty good chance.
>>
I want to make a short film but I just have vague ideas that I can't make into a plot
>>
>>26430802
What do you need to be accepted into grad school?
>>
Short Term Dreams
* Get a decent source of income
* Move out from my parents
* Get a dog, roommate, gf, or bf. Anything that cares about my existence.
* Save up some money to create to build a workshop for experimentation/artistic expression. A good mixture of woodworking, welding, and electronics.

What keep me going?
Death is eventually coming, just would like to keep myself entertained, the thought of feeling like I belong somewhere, and feeling some kind of affection.
>>
>>26430462
i have no dreams
>>
>>26430462
securely become permaneet
>>
>>26430462
I'm studying in Hong Kong but luckily I've been accepted for an exchange program at Wharton (UPenn). Definitely feels like the best of both worlds, paying local tuition fees (roughly $2200 in terms of USD per semester) but enjoying the Ivy experience for a while.
>>
>>26430462

Hi fellow robot,

I got into one of those just days ago. Had gotten rejected from every grad school the year before, considered an exit bag, but thought "fuck it". Looks like my death has been delayed for a few years, although it'll probably be a nightmare like everything else.

I dream I'll discover some nice mathematical model for something we don't fully understand yet. But that's never really going to happen. Sigh
>>
>>26432256
congrats man!
>>26432181
hopefully ill be joining you soon.

honestly im a massive elitist. i go to an undergrad institution thats pretty highly ranked, but i feel like everyone around me is an absolute retard. im hoping i can go to an ivy and find a more intelligent crowd, and if not at least ive proven myself as a student.
>>
>>26430462
Trust me, no you don't.
>>
File: image.jpg (599 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
599 KB, 1632x1224
>>26430462
>>26432825
Forgot photo
Blox wow
>>
I went to asu for undergrad and I'm at mit for my masters.

I legit think people at asu of all places are smarter than some of the autists here.
>>
>>26432867
Are fembots real over there?
>>
>>26430462
I just want to find a group of stoner friends that treat me like an equal
ditched my last group by telling the truth of how I don't consider any of them 'true friends' (they got mad as fuck kek)
>>
>>26430802
Is there fucking anything in the world that fucks robots over more than "holistic admissions"?
>>
>>26432421
Come to Cornell if you wanna do any research
>>
I's been a dream of mine to attend one of those schools since I was a child. Unfortunately it will never be realistic.

As for one that's feasible, I just want to get out of New Jersey.
>>
I got to Cambridge, this place and oxford are the UK's Ivy League.
It's shit. Even the smart people here are 90% normie as fuck.
>>
>>26435084
If you're competent enough to get into one of those schools, you're probably a normie.
>>
How do you guys get motivation into academical stuff like this?
On my last year of high school and want to study architecture. Just want to get into any university but have no idea where to start or how to make a portfolio.

My dreams will never come true.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>26430462

As many other Ivy bots will tell you, life won't be any better here than anywhere else. You think normal Chads and Stacies are bad? Here you will find super Chads that are not only more attractive and sociable than you, but also far richer, smarter, and successful than you. Also, exclusivity and elitism is far worse than what you would find at any normal school? Want to join a club? Better be ready to hand in that super resume, a couple recommendation letters from your legacy parents, and suck a mountain of dicks. And don't even get me started on Eating Clubs or fraternities...

Then again, the only grad students I've seen around here are total shut in robots, so maybe you would fit in OP.
>>
>>26430462
>short term, realistic dreams?
I'd like to play in a Jazz band. That'd be amazing.
I'm also going to record an album alone once I get my drum set (not Jazz, obviously)
>>
>Yale

Oy vey
>>
My dreams?

To master myself; physically, mentally and spiritually and become a person I can be truly proud of.
>>
>>26430462
>Believing the IVY league myth
If you come to Penn I can see you here, currently on my MSc in Mathematics with relation to Mathematical Modelling of diseases.

University is shite, depressing, people here are either family fund babies or foreign. But my piece of paper at the end will have some prestige. Not sure if worth or not.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.