[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online Dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: wolf gang.jpg (99 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
wolf gang.jpg
99 KB, 550x550
I'm tired of being alone, /r9k/. I don't have any interests in Tinder or Grindr hookups - I just want to find someone who I can hang out with. I have friends in real life, I just don't get enough exposure to women my age who are single.

Has anyone tried their hand at online dating services? What do you guys think?

>inb4 reeeeeeeee
>>
>>26429897
Don't want to make you feel worse, but online dating is mostly girls getting a shit ton of attention and even if you are a good looking dude, getting their attention in a message is difficult.

And the easy girls are all fat as fuck or tumblr-core. But, if you try long enough you might be able to get a decent girl. But prepare to work for it.
>>
>>26429897
>Has anyone tried their hand at online dating services?
No, no one has ever tried online dating here. Hence the complete lack of hourly online dating threads.
>>
>>26429897
hey robot, are there any anime conventions near where you live?
>>
>>26430059

Yes, I live in Manhattan.
>>
chatango
>>
>>26430128
Have you considered going to one of those?
It's a way to meet girls who share hobbies, some are single.
Do you have friends who go to them? they might have friends that are girls, you won't be able to date em but still
>>
File: 1396338681539.gif (528 KB, 276x305) Image search: [Google]
1396338681539.gif
528 KB, 276x305
>>26429897
are you over 21? go to a bar or club.
>>
>>26430154
>>26430177

I've considered going to a con; but I heard they're pretty toxic. I also don't really have interest in that stuff any more, so it wouldn't be the best fit.

As for bars and clubs, I tend to have pretty low hit rates. I go out drinking with friends and coworkers often; but I'm not as stunningly good looking as to where I can pick women up at bars. Especially in NY, everyone is more successful and better looking than you; so people aren't willing to settle.

I've had relationships before, it just seems so much harder now that I'm out of college. It's easy to keep convincing yourself that the right person will come along; except that I interact with the same people pretty much every day and month.
>>
>>26430272
maybe try a coffee shop
>>
>>26430272
also maybe your problem is that you are worried about the girl being single.
>>
>>26430272
>I've had relationships before,

Get the hell out normalfag
>>
>>26430177

bars and clubs are disgusting

even so,

>autistic anon goes to bar by himself
>drinks alone
>goes home

dafuq?
>>
>>26429897
>>26429917
prepare to work for it is probs the best way to describe my experience, I usually have no prob picking up girls, I am with my gf a few months now

but there was a time when I didn't really meet new people enough, and I wanted to get to know more females and how I would work with different people

and while I am not ugly (not hot either) I worked so much and got so little 99/100 girls are barely able to string together three words in to a sentence they barely care about anything and its so hard to get a good chat going, it was horrible and I will def never try it again

you should try and go search for a hobby that includes females, or hell go to a bar or some festival it's super easy to meet nice people there, just don't be too thirsty

The pain of learning how to chat up girls in such settings is nothing compared to online dating

this is all in germany though, girls here are probably a bit more boring and humorless than the US, just compared with the tindr threads here
>>
grindr is gay app
My brain confused.
You want girl or boy?
>>
>grindr
>women

????????
>>
>>26430390

I have friends, they just happen to be far more attractive than me and it's NY.

>>26430917
thanks for the advice

>>26430962
>>26431023
haven't used grindr, had no idea
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.